When a touchy feely guy stops being that way

I met this guy at a social gathering several months ago. It’s a once a week gathering and a few weeks after meeting him he would always greet me with a hug / kiss or we’d be walking and he put his arm around me, but it didn’t mean much because he is that way with everybody. The touchy feely type. There were times he seemed to run away when he saw me and other times he would stand around talking to people right near me, or interrupting my conversations - once it was when I was talking to another guy who was new to the group.

In recent weeks he doesn’t initiate hugs anymore though he is still hugging everybody else. I know he’s not attracted to every person there that he hugs. But I feel awkward about initiating hugs because I’m actually attracted to him and don’t want to get hurt in some way, though I have initiated once or twice. He was always the one to do it.

Well today we were chatting and i slid my hand down his arm in conversation (it just happened - I hardly realised I was doing it) and seconds later he slid his hand down my arm. I assumed because he wasn’t hugging anymore he didn’t want to touch me anymore, but could there be another explanation for him not hugging me when he hugs everybody else? It seems like a silly thing to ask really but it helps to have an outside perspective not just the nonsense in my head :rolleyes:

He may have sensed that you didn't enjoy his tactile nature so he stopped so as not be to a creep. When you broke the touch barrier again, he saw it was OK to touch you.