For the people trying to find love, what is your unique selling point?

In other words, what can you provide to a potential love interest which they cannot get from anyone else? I was thinking about this today and I didn’t really have an answer.

What I would like to give is a unique experience that the girl can look back upon fondly but I’m not quite there yet. I want the girl to feel like she’s on an adventure with me; like what Christopher Columbus’ crew must have felt when trying to find a new route to Asia. I want her to feel inspired, excited, even a little scared.

So what makes you special?

• Like 3

One thing for sure I never looked for a man that could scare me lol

Might be cliché but I have *me*. If you get to know me you'll find a fun woman that has her life on track and is uncomplicated.

Funny you ask because a couple of days ago my bf told me what he liked about me when he met me was that I am a drama-free bubbly-happy woman with a full life and he felt he wanted to be part of it all.

• Like 4
littleblackheart

So I'm not trying to find love (I already have enough trouble finding my glasses) but I would guess your unique selling point is...you!

There's no other like you - the right girl will find that's plenty already (ETA: if you're otherwise well adjusted!)

Edited by littleblackheart
  • Like 4

None of us is special. And I doubt that most of us have something to offer that nobody else has.

If anything, I think many of us need to be brought down a peg or two.

• Like 3

The best thing about your selling point is - there's a buyer for virtually anything that's out in the market! Whatever you have to offer, there's always that one person who'll take it. Now if they have something to offer back is another question.

My selling point is my musicality and unusual interests (well at least compared to the vast majority). But I wouldn't necessarily need these to be the selling points in my partner (which I'm not looking for right now). I don't think a person has to be overly exciting and keep me on edge to interest me though.

• Like 2
  • Author

I am a drama-free bubbly-happy woman with a full life

That’s a good one. Judging by your other posts, you could also mention well dressed and beautiful ;)

I would guess your unique selling point is...you!

I get what you’re saying but when it’s hard to define it ourselves, how can we expect the people we’re interested in to see it?

• Like 1

I already have somebody but for all my faults I am honest and trustworthy. You know what you get with me and you can take it or leave it but there are no nasty surprises. I am also loyal to a fault. If I let you in and you earn my trust I will take a bullet for you. That is how I treat my closest friends and my wife.

• Like 4
littleblackheart
I get what you’re saying but when it’s hard to define it ourselves, how can we expect the people we’re interested in to see it?

Hmmm, that sounds like a mystery wrapped in an enigma...Hope for the best?

• Like 2
  • Author
None of us is special. And I doubt that most of us have something to offer that nobody else.

Well that’s both true and not so true. True in the sense that there a billions of people out there so what one can offer is probably being offered by others as well. But at the same time, our partners choose us because they’ve found something in us that they haven’t seen/experienced before.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be mean. Just realistic: I would argue that you're having trouble defining what makes you unique or special because it doesn't exist.

Posters here have made some great contributions on what could make them good to date, but they are hardly unique or special qualities. I think we all know others who have those same qualities.

I do however think that this question will be increasingly asked as modern parents keep telling their children that they are special. Sure, they are special to the parents, but they aren't more special than any other child.

• Like 1
  • Author
my selling point is a love of monty python and eating fresh pineapple

You’re speaking to a tropics boy here so you know I love my pineapples! But seriously, there are thousands if not millions of people who satisfy those conditions so why would a woman go for alpha?

Just " me" , haha.

But nope that's about it .

She won't find a me anywhere else so if she likes me then she has to stick around , how's that. :bunny:

My taste is a one in 10million too so if l've found her l'm equally as screwed , just like l am right now, damn. :(

• Like 1

I used to think my best qualities were my openness, my trusting nature, my sweetness, and my thoughtfulness, and willingness to adjust my life towards my partners life...but the last few guys I dated made it seem like bringing those qualities to the relationship were nothing special...so I have no idea what else to bring at this point and don't look to date anymore. That's just my opinion for my life though.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

i believe everyone has somethin somethin...:0).that special thing about them......especially women...women rock....ok men rock too...

my somethin somethin....is that i will find my guys special somethin somethin and magnify it...support and motivate him to follow that special to somewhere good...possibly great..i support dreams even if they seem impossible...i have had helped my guys I have been with chase dreams and dream jobs...and they get them.... i do that for others as well....but for my guy....i go further in helping....full support....

that i am the type of woman that you can trust to be by your side I cannot be swayed and i would take a bullet for the guy i love, hoping i wouldn't have to but i would take it....i have a feeling bullets would sting a bit....

i am an empath and intuitive so ill know what my guy needs normally before he says it.....ill know when he needs me.....and ill be there......and ill know when to give space.....

i am not unfortunately..uncomplicated.. i am a little complex....i cry in sad movies..i try not to..which actually causes me to snort or sob....which is funny to guys for some reason......and i need alone time...im not a jealous woman i am protective and i defend but i am not the type of woman who needs a guy to cling too.....i know my flaws i admit them...... and i i try to learn and grow from experiences.....

i have exes who i have apologised too because i thought i didn't treat them as well as i could have....and i guess what i really feel is special about me....is they can only remember good times....and laughs..and fun..

or that as a gf i was perfect...i don't think i was perfect by the way.....not at all..my ex who said that.....cheated on me and i fed him pal meatloaf with slow roasted veggies and a mustard herb reduction ...which he knows about and still thinks me perfect....but anyhoo.......but what is really sweet is if it were not to work out with me....what a guy who has been with me will remember .....will make him smile and be happy....so that means i make a guy better by knowing me and they definitely are more confident with women.......and of that somethin somethin...makes me extremely happy....they smile when they think of me..and have gone on to marry another or find gfs without any damage done by me...except of course my ex who ate pal meatloaf...he doesn't eat his mums meatloaf anymore...:cool:..

oh and i am an intuitive cook who can make a meal out of nothing and make it taste amazing....even dog food.....thats a little extra somethin somethin.........deb

• Like 1
todreaminblue
I used to think my best qualities were my openness, my trusting nature, my sweetness, and my thoughtfulness, and willingness to adjust my life towards my partners life...but the last few guys I dated made it seem like bringing those qualities to the relationship were nothing special...so I have no idea what else to bring at this point and don't look to date anymore. That's just my opinion for my life though.

those qualities are very very special.....they are glorious and beautiful qualities to have Katlady...you are awesome...the guys you were dating who were blind to your beautiful qualities...just weren't awesome enough for you...you need a guy who is as cool as you are......thats all...im glad those other guys arent in your life...you just need a cooler guy who can see who you are....so stay beautiful and have hope......xo...deb

• Like 2
littleblackheart

Where I come from, we call it 'un certain je ne sais quoi' - in other words, just the right dose of whatever the other person is looking for. It doesn't really matter what it is, so long as it's mutual and long-lasting.

• Like 6

Well don't worry about that KL , shallow fools.

They're beautiful qualities, relationship stuff and one of these days someone with a few brains is gonna snap them up.:D

• Like 2

It's all in the selling itself, not what you sell. Call it the George Costanza approach: You only need to be all that interesting through that period you need to grow on them. It's not about finding the perfect match, but to find somebody good enough to try for something great.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

On the surface: no kids/ex husbands in late 30s, stylish and in good shape, sassy, funny, authentic and has her s^it together

When you get to know me: total loyalty - you never have to worry about other men with me. Very high degree of empathy and kindness.

• Like 2

Unique selling point? :confused: I don't even know what that is. I don't think it's necessary. Normal and not ugly is good enough for me (and most).

• Like 5
  • Author
My mom tells me I’m one in a million, which means there are 7000 people exactly like me.

Moms are such liars when it comes to these things. Dads usually gives their honest opinions though, some times too honest :laugh:. But on a serious note, what do you think you can offer a guy?

Those are wonderful qualities, qualities I would look for in a partner.

my somethin somethin....is that i will find my guys special somethin somethin and magnify it...support and motivate him to follow that special to somewhere good...possibly great..i support dreams even if they seem impossible...i have had helped my guys I have been with chase dreams and dream jobs...and they get them.... i do that for others as well....but for my guy....i go further in helping....full support....

That’s beautiful deb :)

except of course my ex who ate pal meatloaf...he doesn't eat his mums meatloaf anymore...:cool:..

:lmao:

On the surface: no kids/ex husbands in late 30s, stylish and in good shape, sassy, funny, authentic and has her s^it together

When you get to know me: total loyalty - you never have to worry about other men with me. Very high degree of empathy and kindness.

I can imagine you have a lot of guys fighting over you!