How to thank your boyfriend's mother

Hi - I am in search of some advice!

If you wanted to thank your boyfriend (or ex boyfriends) mother (for that matter) for all the wonderful qualities she helped instill in her son, how would you go about doing this? Or would you?

She is an amazing woman to me - and her influence on her son into becoming a decent man is definately worth the recognition - as she struggled a lot while raising him.

What would be the appropriate thing to say?

Originally posted by teardrop

What would be the appropriate thing to say?

Nothing....just bake her a nice cake or something. Carrot or angel food is always nice. If you decide to go with the Carrot Cake make sure it has the cream cheese frosting. :)

• Author

Unfortunately, I am no Betty Crocker - and she doesn't live close by - though that cake does sound good right about now! :)

I guess I just want to express myself in "words". But I'm unsure how to go about that.

Originally posted by teardrop

I guess I just want to express myself in "words". But I'm unsure how to go about that.

Hows about "hey....Mrs X, you did a pretty good job of raising your son, he's so well rounded". Then hand her the carrot cake.

• Author

Youy really want me to bake a cake!!! LOL!!

I would - despite I can't bake. But I would not be able to give that to her. I have sent her flowers and plants and cards before - on usual holidays, etc. But I just want to do something different - and let her know what I wonderful job she did - I've never told her that before and this woman is awesome! I mean awesome!!!

I don't know what woman who doesn't enjoy getting flowers just because! An inspirational figurine (or something she collects) or framed saying also is a nice touch, as are the baked goods.

my vote is still with the flowers, though; they're cheerful and often treasured by the one who gets them ...

If it's important to you to express to his mom that you think she did a great job raising her son, just say so. Don't thank her...she didn't do it for you! :laugh: She did it because she's a good mother.

The best compliments for moms is to compliment their children. If someone tells my mom, "Your daughter is so smart!" Then she busts with pride...because she raised her ;)

So you could just say, "You did one heck of a job raising your son. I sure got lucky that I found a guy with such a great mom."

Don't say, "Thank you for being such a good mother to your son," because that sounds...like you thought she raised him well for you.

Again, don't thank her...just pay her the compliment.

Flowers are an AWESOME idea. Every woman loves flowers, and all you have to do is go to a phone book website, (pm me if you need an address for one) and type in the type of business you're looking for (florist) and the city and state where she lives, and it'll give you a list of phone numbers.

On the card, you could compliment her on her child rearing abilities, and mention how lucky you are to have met a man with such a terrific mother. You could add that you're thankful to have her in your life.

But please don't say, "Thank you for doing such a good job raising your son," :lmao: