Recently been approached by a longtime friend (also married) about augmenting our relationship, but neither one of is affluent. Can’t do it at home, neighbors and all that. Also, while neither one of us has a problem with the great outdoors, living in Florida has its own issues, bugs, weather, heat, etc.. The hotel route would be comfortable but there are issues with that, cost and the awkwardness of renting a room in your own home town. Aside from her Ford Fiesta or my family van, anyone figured out a comfortable alternative?

buy a tent. a decent size one that's roomy and practice putting it up. get a soft downy blankie, try mink or leopard, and put it down inside. zit it up to keep out the bugs and prying eyes. keep it in the car. get a kit bag with extra stuff in it. first aid kit, lub, condoms, washcloths.

some state parks will let you rent a spot for overnights. so you can put up the tent and leave and go back. unobserved. the cost is low and most times they have showers and electric nearby.

on the other hand, if you get caught, bugs and heat are gonna seem tame.

• Author

Miss C, thanks for the constructive suggestion, but for all that trouble I think I'd find a cheap hotel more comfortable, probably have just as many bugs.

I don't care if you have an affair other than to say it won't be the happy event that you were hoping...just go over to the OW/OM forum if you doubt that. But as to your question, you have painted yourself into a corner. If a hotel is too costly, then a shared apartment is too. So either decide it's worth the cost of the hotel or decide it's really not worth the cost at all.

• Like 1
  • Author

First, I'd like to thank the moderator for keeping this discourse civil as it should be. I'm glad it is maintained as an open discussion on all levels of interpersonal relationships. I am sorry I presented this without justification, but I'm not going to elaborate on personal/medical conditions.

The underlying question is how to manage a situation and keep everyone, the best word I got is 'comfortable'.

lurker, you are absolutely right and I've weighed that question heavily. I have gone through the OW/OM forum and will read more.

smackie, that is an amazing idea, but I'm not interested in imposing my situation on another.