Why are men so attracted to me when I have a baby in my arms?

Just got back from a one week vacation with my friend, who had a 5 months old baby girl. During this time, I would help watch her and walk around with her in my arms so she wouldn't cry (she doesn't like being still).

I've never had so many men flock to me in my life! For some reason seeing me with a baby I got hit on massively, from numerous smiles to literally being asked where my boyfriend/husband was and that I am so beautiful.

Why is this?! I'm just as friendly and open as always, the only difference is I was holding a baby while walking around, instead of walking around without holding anything.

I was always under the impression that a woman with a baby is unavailable or has baggage so men aren't as interested. To my amazement, for me it was the complete opposite this week! Any idea Why?

I'm not sure why men are flocking to you, but I hope you're not considering having a baby for the purpose of attracting men.

• Like 5

Same thing happens to men when we have a baby or small cute child with us.

I recommend getting a dog, however. Same effect but much cheaper.

• Like 5

I would imagine it's you showing your caring, nurturing side that is attractive.

You probably smile a lot at the baby too.

Someone smiling and looking happy/joyful is attractive.

• Like 4

This happened to my friend when she was visiting. She was simply going to pick up some food for her and her fiance. She was pushing her baby along in a stroller and these guys were hitting on her. Here, where I live, I know why. They see a woman with a baby by herself, they think single mom on welfare, she must be vulnerable/desperate. They hook up with one of these ladies, they move in and get free rent in a high rent city all paid for by the government.

Edited by smackie9
This happened to my friend when she was visiting. She was simply going to pick up some food for her and her fiance. She was pushing her baby along in a stroller and these guys were hitting on her. Here, where I live, I know why. They see a woman with a baby by herself, they think single mom on welfare, she must be vulnerable/desperate. They hook up with one of these ladies, they move in and get free rent in a high rent city all paid for by the government.

Now that is just sad ... I was about to say that having a kid is like having faith in the future, a positive sign that may attract men. But maybe not so much.

• Author

Have two dogs. No affect there.

I wasn't smiling or cooing to the baby. I was literally just walking around. It's so weird. Gonna have to borrow some babies to seem less threatening and more approachable to men haha

Now that is just sad ... I was about to say that having a kid is like having faith in the future, a positive sign that may attract men. But maybe not so much.

I'm not saying all but, a lot of immigrant men do this to have a place to live. They look for the fattest single mom they can find, knowing she is easy pickins. But that's just the way it is here in good ol' Surrey.

My guess is having a baby makes you look like you are very fertile and sexual. Men like sex a lot. This could be your answer.

• Like 1

I know why. It's because you're beautiful and the baby, just like a dog, is all the excuse the guys need to talk to you. So most of these guys were probably looking for an excuse to talk to you that wasn't just out of the blue. So try smiling more so you are more approachable when you don't have the baby for a prop.

• Like 4

Yep , same, when l use to take my daughter out in the pram alone without wifey, my God. talk about take my pick.

They'd all be coming up and poking at her and trying to suss out if l was still married or maybe l was a single dad, flirting with me, it use to crack me up .

• Like 1

I heard a relationship therapist speak on this. They said that the men who like this like it because by having a child, it serves as proof that you care about somebody else besides yourself. That you've learned how to serve someone else and it's not all about you.

• Like 1
It gives a man a reason to talk to a woman without being seen is harassing her.

Maybe I should walk around all the time with some sort of conversation starter on me.

I need to invent something like that.

Maybe it gives the guys an excuse to approach you? If you are beautiful - and I am sure you must be - then maybe they are wary of approaching you for fear of rejection. Seeing you with a baby gives them something to smile at (and at you) and an 'in' to talk to you.

I once bought a single, large flower, intending to paint it. I walked home with this flower. Lots of people stopped to talk to me. I was mystified. All I was doing was holding a large, striking-looking flower! I am sure you can think of something to take around with you that people could comment on.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

it happens for women with men too......my ex used to say i was dead when he took our son for day trips when we split....my son was the lady killer...all blue eyes smiles and blond hair...many women would come up to him he got quite a few phone numbers too from being a lying ass....he would kill me off in unique and different ways...i wanted him to have dates just would have preferred not to be introduced as his sister because he killed me off....

i would always end up telling them anyway ...nah man i didn't die falling off the back of a speedboat...or I didnt die choking on vegemite toast.....and im not into incest ...the child is my son....i am the mum...my ex and i are friends...

its the babies and what babies and children give to us.....the light heartedness...the care and concern for them at the same time...they attract peoples.....and its the way a person looks after a child you do see the smiles and the beauty of people when they are around children and enjoy being around children...its like ...a glow......an aura/....i am attracted to mothers with babies and kids....because i am a mother and i feel them ...i feel the love between them.....not because i am "sexually attracted to them" i think all mothers and babies are beautiful and i am attracted to beauty....i actually feel more love when i see a crying child who wont stop and a mother who is desperately trying to calm her baby down...just so others wont be sending the mother shut that baby up vibes...i feel a lot of love for them.....my warmest smiles i give those mothers...my best and most calming vibes i can muster...........deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
todreaminblue
die choking on vegamite??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think I might need to die that way.

he was very imaginative........if i was going to go ....i would most likely like to go by electrocution.....while about to do washing plugging in the washing machine...i hate washing ..means i wouldnt be washing that day....when he gets another date...ill let you know how i go ..deb

Edited by todreaminblue
Maybe it gives the guys an excuse to approach you? If you are beautiful - and I am sure you must be - then maybe they are wary of approaching you for fear of rejection. Seeing you with a baby gives them something to smile at (and at you) and an 'in' to talk to you.

I once bought a single, large flower, intending to paint it. I walked home with this flower. Lots of people stopped to talk to me. I was mystified. All I was doing was holding a large, striking-looking flower! I am sure you can think of something to take around with you that people could comment on.

Did ya paint the flower, how did it turn out ?

• Author
I heard a relationship therapist speak on this. They said that the men who like this like it because by having a child, it serves as proof that you care about somebody else besides yourself. That you've learned how to serve someone else and it's not all about you.

If a baby is the only way people can recognize this quality in others, then we have a serious problem :p

Hmm, that's quite interesting. Maybe some men just love when they steal your attention from something else (that is non threatening to them but still of priceless value - like a baby or an animal).

By the way I love seeing dads with babies. Even if I'm not attracted I just melt a little.

• Like 1