Attraction...mixed signals does this actually happen?

I can’t understand why anyone would continue seeing someone if they had no interest. If I get the vibe someone is interested, and I’m not, I discourage them as much as possible. No dates, no Insta or fb likes, and very limited if any phone contact. What would be the point, except long time friends, that one would keep up contact, “like” all social media post, etc..? Why do people string others along?

I can’t understand why anyone would continue seeing someone if they had no interest. If I get the vibe someone is interested, and I’m not, I discourage them as much as possible. No dates, no Insta or fb likes, and very limited if any phone contact. What would be the point, except long time friends, that one would keep up contact, “like” all social media post, etc..? Why do people string others along?

You a dude or a chick? As a guy it's a little difficult for me to relate to. But after reading a bunch of posts here on LS for about six months, I'm getting that at least some women don't consider continuing to see a man if they have no (romantic) interest as a problem. They don't see it as stringing him along and have no problem putting him in the notorious friendzone. Of course there ARE other women who DO intentionally string guys along for 'nasty' reasons like keeping them around for famines or rainy days or because they pump their ego by feeling the power to control a man.

• Like 2

What do you mean by "seeing"? Are they going on dates and he's paying for her? Is this something which is happening to you?

Edited by basil67
  • Author

Not happening to me, just saw a post from a female on here that absolutely didn’t want to go on another date with a guy. But was posting on here wondering if she should. I just can’t imagine me putting any effort into something that I had no interest in. Didn’t know others would, unless it was malicious. Which from her post it didn’t look like it was.

Not happening to me, just saw a post from a female on here that absolutely didn’t want to go on another date with a guy. But was posting on here wondering if she should. I just can’t imagine me putting any effort into something that I had no interest in. Didn’t know others would, unless it was malicious. Which from her post it didn’t look like it was.

Perhaps she wanted to give it a little more time to see if it could work? Can't really comment further without knowing her story.

• Author

Yeah...I know I saw her post and just was wondering aloud on here. Was talking in more general terms with her as a recent example. Thanks for the input.

Yeah , no point , but there are times in life where you just need someone for whatever reason and maybe they were round sooooo, maybe it's just something like that.

Cookiesandough

Back up plan... for some people the thought of being alone for 5 hours or not having a date one Friday is a fate worse than death