OLD satisfaction and demographics

Some of you will recognize me as a poster who has been 'relatively happy' with my experiences on OLD. Yet my sense of the 'terrain' is that most of the LS participants are unhappy with OLD. I have posted a few times suggesting that OLD's value varies, often a lot, with certain demographics. Other posters have pointed this out as well to one extent or another.

I'm starting this new thread as a VERY UNscientific survey (if the moderators have a tool to do this as anything other than a series of free-form posts, I hope they will do so). I'm picking a few factors that I think are significant in my own OLD experience and indicating that I am 'satisfied' with OLD. This is not to say that there aren't a LOT of features of OLD, varying from service to service that are VERY BAD - there are. And my investment in time and effort to get results is significant - it's hard work. But overall to this point, I feel I am getting what I want out of OLD as a 'service'.

The factors I'll offer are gender, age, goal:LTR or hookup,time spent participating, and satisfied/unsatisfied so far. Like a lot of surveys in a similar spirit, people could expand the last factor with very satisfied or very unsatisfied or neither satisfied nor unsatisfied (I've seen a lot with that 5 option scale). I'll be curious to see how many of the rest of you care to provide your own input. It may be interesting for all of us to look back on this thread and try to perceive patterns. Multivariate statistical hypothesis testing is, for the time being, left to anyone who cares enough to do it.

male,63,LTR,4 months,satisfied

Cookiesandough

oops sorry I totally put this in the wrong spot, sorry for the spam, nospam!!

Edited by Cookiesandough

No expert and hope to God l never am but l joined mine 2mths ago. after divorce and then new gf not working out and must admit , pleasantly surprised for what they are, no complaints at all really.

l'd say though remember what they are and really , odds slim. Sure you could get as many pointless dates as you want or dead end relationships but real love, probably not too likely imo but eh, anything can happen and l have heard quite a few that have.

Anyway early 50s and was looking at women late 30s to late 40s, don't care where as gf was in another country so anywhere my country looks pretty good after all that.

Wasn't interested in 100s of emails or pointless dates or wasting time on so so l'm not seriously into, my taste is rare so if l happened to find anyone that'd be a bonus really.

But to my surprise l did, emailed a few , met two , one cooked me chinese it was worth joining just for that meal l can tell ya.

All great ladies but not it.

Then l came across the one l'm seeing since and we shut our sites down. Gotta stress though l'm not sure how it will go , thing is she's got way too much stuff goin on really and wants to go really slow, really slow, and she's got two kids in tow, she's 48.

But , l couldn't have ordered anyone more to my taste and special if l tried and we do get along really really well soooo, who knows.

The slow slow and more slow thing though, plus the kids , sadly l'm not feeling all that sure about tbh. Her, hell yessa but those are shaping up to be quite a big deal and the kids are young so that's all ongoing for a good 10yrs.

Date site though over all, very pleasantly surprised

Edited by Chilli