Falling in Love

Hi everyone. In my life, I felt many different things towards women. I liked women, I loved them, I got addicted to them or obsessed about them, I thought they were the one, I felt attraction but lowkey hated them, you name it. But in 2017 I fell in love for the first time. I used to laugh at people who even used the term, I had a pretty agnostic view when it came to love. I neither rejected its existence nor I believed in it. I thought, maybe, it was just something formed from human weakness. But when I fell in love, I started to get it. For the first time in my life, I was crazy for a girl and I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't stop writing about her and writing her love letters -which I never sent-. In addition to that, unlike obsession, this feeling was empowering to the max. I felt like I could do anything and everything for her. Something masculine and intense have awakened inside me, I had to get her no matter what and I'd crush any obstacle. When I couldn't see her or talk to her, I was pissy, aggressive and unhappy/depressed. After seeing her and interacting with her even for an hour, I'd spend the rest of the day up in the clouds, happy, peaceful, content.. Our relationship didn't work out so far, it's like she's not totally over someone and wants nobody to be in her life (but yeah, if Huge Jackedman asked her to be his GF I think she'd take it). Even if it didn't work out so far, it's been one hell of a ride.

So, have you ever been through what I've been through? Did someone just barged into your life and changed almost everything about you, down to the core of your being? Even though you were calm and collected, have you literally blushed because that certain someone was in the room and came to sit beside you? I'm grateful for that amazing memories, but I probably need to let them all go. I could've let go, but I didn't want to. Now I'm ready. Just created this topic to hear what you had to say about falling in love, I'm curious about it. Peace.

Never underestimate the power of love.

Even an old lady like me who's BTDT underestimates it, but make no mistake, it can blow your whole world up in a second.

• Like 3

"And now comes these three: faith, hope, and love...but the Greatest of these is love..."

"YOU Should love the Lord your God, with all of your heart and all of your mind and all of your soul-that is the greatest commandment of all..."

The bible tells us explicitly that YOU Should love...and the Greatest of things seen/not seen is love...

It is specifically talking to YOU...the bible says specifically in these words: YOU SHOULD LOVE...it is a COMMANDMENT for your life, that is how important love is...

It doesn't say maybe love someone if the dirty hoe passes all your s**t tests, it does not say, only that hot guy and girl in the corner of class making out will find love, or that certain people shouldn't be loved, it says that YOU, as in YOU, YOU, the one and only YOU--that YOU SHOULD LOVE--if you do nothing else ever again in your life because you are paralyzed from the neck down, but your brain is still functioning, then you are still golden, baby, because all you should do to make life worthwhile and Good, is to Love.

Hate to burst your bubble but that doesn’t sound like love. That sounds like infatuation. Love is deep and profound. And love forms after knowing someone for a while, their good and bad sides, their fears and dreams. Love is caring about their happiness even if it isn’t want you want for yourself, love is selfless. etc etc.

You have a big assed crush on some girl. You’re giddy about her. But you aren’t in love with her.

You're describing limerence.

It's the pretty common falling in love stage of a relationship where everything is so easy and you can't imagine it will ever end.

Look it up.

Real love comes after the crazy chemical rush has died down and you have to put conscious effort in.

This is when you know if you truly love the person in front of you for who they are.

That, I have only found once in my life.

• Like 1

Not so from what l was listening to the other night by so called love experts .

They say in love mainly comes in two forms, it can be instant or build up over time.

l know what in love is l've had it but l never really believed the build over time thing as to be in love as such , l've thought that would be just more an l love that person kinda love.

But apparently not , they say you can also become in love with somebody over time .

lnteresting really.

I felt exactly the same when I fell in love with my boyfriend. I had boyfriends before and I thought I’d fallen in love with them but it wasn’t love. It probably infatuation. Love is what I feel now even a year later and the love I have for him will never ever go away even if life ever separates us in anyway. I was sad too and depressed whenever I didn’t hear from him but if he’d send a snapchat or text saying he’s thinking of me or missing me or saying he’s really just really busy at work, it would make my entire day. It still does. It was scary falling for him as i had never felt that way. It’s an amazing feeling which I never want to go away. The thought of losing him in anyway kills me. We have a real and indescribable connection. And I could never love anyone like i love him. I know deep down that I’d never fall in love like that again. I can love someone but I just would fall in love with them. (If that makes any sense)

2.50 a gallon

After the breakup of my marriage, I swore I would never fall in love again. Over the next 15 years, whenever I saw love walking down the street heading for my doors, I was out the back door and down the alley. I had a great sex life, I was never lonely, and could do what ever I wanted with whom ever I wanted, when ever I wanted.

I had met this gal about two years previous, my first thought when I met her was there is a face I could kiss good morning to for the rest of my life. She also had great legs, but she had a boy friend. I knew that if I waited long enough her boy friend would make a mistake, and maybe I would have a shot at her. Second date, first kiss and my tall and thick walls melted away. When I went home that night, I realized how lonely I was. That was over 20 years ago