how can i be good fun/witty?

I have lost my sense of humour (due to a personal crisis) and am just a bit dull nowadays

But am looking for new friends - help!!

Happy Lemming

I've pondered your inquiry...

Here is a thought...

Can you be friendly, polite and interesting and make friends?? Then, maybe as you get to know your new friends better, more of your sense of humor may slowly return??

As you open up yourself, the light of happiness will slowly shine in and I bet it brings your sense of humor back with it...

Blue skies...

• Like 2
But am looking for new friends - help!!

The folks I tend to positively react to are knowledgeable about the world around them and confident of their place in it. Like the previous poster said, their humor tends to be gently self-deprecating. The worst thing you can do is try too hard...

Mr. Lucky

Try subscribing to a joke of the day site, reading cartoons or going to a comedy show. Even watch some funny stuff on YouTube to feel happy again.

• Like 3

As another poster said, watch some funny stuff to lighten your mood. I used to watch John Hughes' "Pretty in Pink" because it makes me laugh so much. The old tv series "Reno 911" cracks me up. It's about getting you laughing again, really. A couple of kittens or mean cats wouldn't hurt. Long as you don't mind ankle biting.

you just have to say "hahahahaha" a lot and it will make you instantly awesome!

hahahahaha....

See.. it does work :laugh:

You have to be able to laugh at yourself first though.. I always found that after going thru something tough I would lose my humor and getting it back sometimes might take a while but it would always come back after I started to enjoy myself again and laugh at myself...

Time....

• Like 3
todreaminblue

grandkids help me find my funny.....when i lose it...kids are awesome....naturally funny every single one.....i think you certainly lose your stupid when facing life's trials....

its hard to laugh at yourself when getting knocked down.....kids have that natural funny because the adults handle the finite details...so kids can just be funny and care free.....even the serious kids are funny.....they say the damndest things.......

i think hugging your inner child and letting him or her out more often, you get your bounce back......allow yourself to be stupid....if you cant find kids to annoy...try interpretative dance...i have a fondness for the vegetable type dances....that or monty python..or funny videos of people or animals doing really stupid things...i can relate.....and remember doing stupid things too...find what makes you happy not just happy but stupidly happy......wherever that stupid is...you will find your funny....i wish you much happiness in artichoke dancin in public just because you can...:bunny::bunny::bunny:...deb

you just have to say "hahahahaha" a lot and it will make you instantly awesome!

There are actually studies that indicate forcing yourself to smile improves both mood and happiness quotient. darkmoon, maybe you should just fake it til you make it...

Mr. Lucky