Why does he want pictures of me?

So I've been talking business with this guy on Facebook messenger. We talk business when we talk, but yes, I can tell he has a little bit of a crush on me. We are friends on Facebook and I have a few pictures of myself up on there that he can see. Today he asked me for more pictures. As in, take a picture right now and send it to me picture. I'm wondering why. This guy:

a) lives all the way across the country.

b) Has a live-in girlfriend that he is engaged to.

c) We talk business (we're in the same industry) but don't do business together.

d) Is actively trying to e-court another woman from the Philippines.

Why does he want pictures of me? Is it so that he can jerk off?

CautiouslyOptimistic

Yep, and/or start an online affair with you, with plans to visit your city.

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic
Haven't you ever fished? The first step involves baiting the hook...

Mr. Lucky

Women never ask for pics like this. Ever.

• Like 4
LivingWaterPlease

It's probably a way to get you to put your toe in the water. If you follow his suggestion then he knows you're compliant and open to going a little bit deeper. His plan may be to lead you baby-step-by-baby-step until you're fully submerged.

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
  • Like 6
  • Author
It's probably a way to get you to put your toe in the water. If you follow his suggestion then he knows you're compliant and open to going a little bit deeper. His plan may be to lead you baby-step-by-baby-step until you're fully submerged.

I'm not doing it.

• Like 3
that's right, tell him to f off...you go girl

Yep! You go girl! How dare he think and assume you're a gal that can be manipulated and controlled by a man who wants to use you to jerk off.

He's disgusting. Tell him that.

• Like 2
Several women I've played online video games with have asked for pictures like this.

I could also be he wasnt to see what you really look like today. Many people post pics of themselves from many years ago.

• Like 2
Yep, and/or start an online affair with you, with plans to visit your city.

That's what I thought. They are business acquiantances, and he is well taken care of at home. He is looking for some fun on his next business trip and is making sure she is worth his efforts.

• Like 4

It would be one thing if there were no pictures at all of you on your page.

I was doing work for somebody I had never met . .. . just a voice on the phone & some messages when the assignment arrived. It felt odd to me so I searched for him on FB & found him. I just wanted to see what he looked like, put a face to the name if you will. Once I saw his face it made it emotionally easier for me to work for him.

Because this colleague has seen at least one photo of you there is no reason for him to need other pictures, especially if he already has a GF. His request can only lead to no good. Glad you are not complying.

• Like 1

That's not true.

There's a woman who sends me selfies of herself quite often. Asks me to send one in return. I never do.

She's a weird sort. Takes these selfies almost daily and I think she sends them many different people. Male and female. Family. Friends. I'm a "friend". Likes getting return pictures from others.

*shrugs*

• Like 1

These answers sound very cynical

He is not going to "jerk off" with fully clothed pictures of you.

He may just like you a lot and wants to remember you. If he was trying to court you or phish or scam you he might not need photos

You don't have enough evidence or reason to think these nefarious or creepy motives---but still nonetheless[, don't send photos. Most women would not . He could post them on the web in ways you don't desire.

One time I wanted photos of a woman I was in love with and she refused so I took it from her FB page and enlarged it. I just wanted to see her face at home.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

He may just like you a lot and wants to remember you. If he was trying to court you or phish or scam you he might not need photos

You don't have enough evidence or reason to think these nefarious or creepy motives---but still nonetheless[, don't send photos. Most women would not . He could post them on the web in ways you don't desire.

One time I wanted photos of a woman I was in love with and she refused so I took it from her FB page and enlarged it. I just wanted to see her face at home.

I agree with this. I don't believe anytime a guy asks for photos it's to use them for "purposes by himself" there. I do believe, though, since he'd already seen photos of you, he was likely trying to get something started with you.

However, if he was considering offering you some sort of business position, or working with you professionally in some way possibly he wanted to see more photos of you to see if you consistently presented yourself as well as you did in the photos you had posted.

I have seen photos of someone who looks very beautiful or handsome only to meet them and find that was just a fantastic photo of the person that caught them at the right angle in great lighting, etc.

Bottom line, no reason to jump to conclusions he's a dirty ole man (or young man!) but no reason to send a photo, either, unless he provides a good reason for doing so.

• Like 1
  • Author

As I stated in my opening post, we don’t do business together, we talk about business, and there is no reason to get anything started. He’s engaged. (and I’m not attracted to him anyway)

Edited by Popsicle
  • Author

Even if he wasn’t jerking if, I don’t need him to be “in love” with me. It’s pointless.

LivingWaterPlease
As I stated in my opening post, we don’t do business together, we talk about business, and there is no reason to get anything started. He’s engaged. (and I’m not attracted to him anyway)

Right, I got that you don't do business together, you just discuss business. But, sometimes that's the way people team up together to get a business started. Or even to suggest you as a hire for someone he knows. Not saying that's what was happening here, just is one possibility. Mainly I was making the point that it's possible he didn't have nefarious reasons (especially the one some were assuming) for asking for a photo of you.

Not sure if you'll be in touch with him again but if you are, why not ask him why he wants another photo of you since he's already seen photos of you?

• Author

I think it was nefarious. He was apologetic when he asked even before I answered. It has blown over now. We still talk.

• Author

There’s actually another guy online who I talk to who I have a crush on. Now he and I DO business together and he has seen me on video chat. He has no idea that I have a crush on him and I’m trying to keep it hidden. He drives me crazy in a good way. It’s so frustrating but so gooooood. :love::bunny:

• Like 2