Missed opportunities.

What are some missed opportunities of yours? I will start with mine as this happened months ago. Sometime ago, I met this security guard at a light-rail station. I am aware that people are polite on the job, but with her, we made polite gestures at first, but then she started talking to me. We had a small chat. There were moments when we talked again after that, but then after that, she got moved, like a lot of security guards do. I was bummed because I didn't see her and I wish that I had gotten her number when I had the chance. Of course, I am aware that security guards get moved around a lot, so I might have a chance at seeing her again. The only other option is to ask around if anybody knows her.

What are some examples on your end? I would like to hear stories. I have more, but I'll share later.

I had 4 or 5 women that wanted to have my love child. I dumped all of them. Now i'm a 50-something man without any kids.

• Like 3
2.50 a gallon

My buddies and I were shooting the breeze the day she moved in, and when first noticed we all four spoke out with "Oh My God". There was not one atom out of place. I was and had been engaged for almost a year, so she was out of my league. So unlike all of the other guys who lived in the complex, I was one of the few who was never turned down by her. She turned out to be super nice, a third grade teacher, very much into her kids. She was also a little bit religious, wanting to get a teaching job in a Christian school. She was a little bit of an out doors person, getting out by the pool and with time I we got to know each other. Ex-fiancé and I fought quite often, and one time when we were on the outs, OMG shocked me one day by asking me if I would like to go on a water skiing trip with her friends. After a year she finally got accepted to a teaching position with the Christian school, which was quite some miles away so chose to move across town. Again she surprised me when she gave me her new phone number and address, as she was moving.

After she moved I only saw her one other time. Ex-fiance and I were attending a college football game, and while I was off getting snacks and drinks we once again crossed paths. She again gave me her new phone number and address and said how we should get together some time.

Being loyal to my fiancé I threw it away. The very next day the Ex-fiance and I broke up for good.

• Like 3
  • Author
My buddies and I were shooting the breeze the day she moved in, and when first noticed we all four spoke out with "Oh My God". There was not one atom out of place. I was and had been engaged for almost a year, so she was out of my league. So unlike all of the other guys who lived in the complex, I was one of the few who was never turned down by her. She turned out to be super nice, a third grade teacher, very much into her kids. She was also a little bit religious, wanting to get a teaching job in a Christian school. She was a little bit of an out doors person, getting out by the pool and with time I we got to know each other. Ex-fiancé and I fought quite often, and one time when we were on the outs, OMG shocked me one day by asking me if I would like to go on a water skiing trip with her friends. After a year she finally got accepted to a teaching position with the Christian school, which was quite some miles away so chose to move across town. Again she surprised me when she gave me her new phone number and address, as she was moving.

After she moved I only saw her one other time. Ex-fiance and I were attending a college football game, and while I was off getting snacks and drinks we once again crossed paths. She again gave me her new phone number and address and said how we should get together some time.

Being loyal to my fiancé I threw it away. The very next day the Ex-fiance and I broke up for good.

Wow. I don't know what to say.

Likewise alphamale, the women who loved me the most I ended up dumping them.

While the women I most loved mostly ended up dumping me.

I am one of these odd ball that will be eaten after his lonely death by his golden fishes.

Likewise alphamale, the women who loved me the most I ended up dumping them.

While the women I most loved mostly ended up dumping me.

funny how that works isn't it?

funny how that works isn't it?

Maybe ''the one who care less has the power'' as its often stated, I have made this observation for a while now. Love is hard. Do we regret to have dumped people? Maybe later in life, not in the aftermath.

I don’t like this :(

#1 - I was on a way to the cinema and on an escalator, a blonde teenage girl in front of me spotted me and waved saying "hi" I looked behind me to see if there was anyone but there was no one behind me. Then she said "no, you, Hi". There was a boy infront of me between me and her on the escalator but he didn't respond. I decided not to respond. She got a bit annoyed and went on ahead to rejoin her friends (also teenage girls).

#2 - A year later I went into a phone shop, there was this young middle eastern / south Mediterranean girl tending to customers waiting in line. When it was my turn, she went into charm mode, smiling at me, head tilted slightly left, hands closed, and her body language as if to say " go on, ask me out". I went on only to tell her what I came to buy. After she got it for me and told me instructions, etc, she gave one last big smile and we parted.

#3- A few years later, I boarded a train and happened to sit near a very hot, nice blonde teenage girl. She asked for

the window seat and I allowed. Then she thanked me and asked if it did not offend me that she was here. I said no. But throughout the 4 hour train journey, we didn't talk, and she once attempted to start a conversation with me. At the end of the journey she slipped through my fingers and I regret it to this day.

• Author
#1 - I was on a way to the cinema and on an escalator, a blonde teenage girl in front of me spotted me and waved saying "hi" I looked behind me to see if there was anyone but there was no one behind me. Then she said "no, you, Hi". There was a boy infront of me between me and her on the escalator but he didn't respond. I decided not to respond. She got a bit annoyed and went on ahead to rejoin her friends (also teenage girls).

#2 - A year later I went into a phone shop, there was this young middle eastern / south Mediterranean girl tending to customers waiting in line. When it was my turn, she went into charm mode, smiling at me, head tilted slightly left, hands closed, and her body language as if to say " go on, ask me out". I went on only to tell her what I came to buy. After she got it for me and told me instructions, etc, she gave one last big smile and we parted.

#3- A few years later, I boarded a train and happened to sit near a very hot, nice blonde teenage girl. She asked for

the window seat and I allowed. Then she thanked me and asked if it did not offend me that she was here. I said no. But throughout the 4 hour train journey, we didn't talk, and she once attempted to start a conversation with me. At the end of the journey she slipped through my fingers and I regret it to this day.

One of these stories reminded me of something that happened to me when I was 15. I went to Borders and I remember this girl walking up while I was in the music section and she looked at me with a smile and said hi to me, and I said hello back. It didn't seem like she was just being friendly. It seemed like she thought I was cute. I didn't go up to her because she was with a friend listening to some samples in the country music section, while I was looking at CD's in the rap section. Not that it mattered, but I didn't want to disturb the two girls.

If you are looking for opportunities there will also be plenty of missed ones. So I don't think missed opportunities are necessarily bad.

I was on a train to an airport in central Europe, about to fly back home after a short vacation. I didnt have a seat reservation and was standing. A woman was looking at me, then argued with a woman who tried to take a seat next to her. The other woman moved on and I was curious. So I made my way to her seat and asked: "Is the seat next to you still free?" She frowed and said: "No!" This was followed by a smile and: "It is reserved for you."

She was odd in many ways, but undoubtedly beautiful, and quite happy to see me. She held onto my arm as we talked and laughed lot. Unfortunately she lived half a world away, and so we just walked together a little bit once we got off the station.

During the hug goodbye, and for a while afterwards, I wondered about what could have been.

If you are looking for opportunities there will also be plenty of missed ones. So I don't think missed opportunities are necessarily bad.

I was on a train to an airport in central Europe, about to fly back home after a short vacation. I didnt have a seat reservation and was standing. A woman was looking at me, then argued with a woman who tried to take a seat next to her. The other woman moved on and I was curious. So I made my way to her seat and asked: "Is the seat next to you still free?" She frowed and said: "No!" This was followed by a smile and: "It is reserved for you."

She was odd in many ways, but undoubtedly beautiful, and quite happy to see me. She held onto my arm as we talked and laughed lot. Unfortunately she lived half a world away, and so we just walked together a little bit once we got off the station.

During the hug goodbye, and for a while afterwards, I wondered about what could have been.

that's a cool story

• Like 1

Something like 40 years ago. I was skiing by myself on Christmas day at a now closed resort called Brodie Mountain at the western edge of Massachusetts. When you ski alone, you (or at least I) call out 'Single' in the lift line to pair up and get to the lift quicker. Sometimes you get 'lucky' and your partner on the lift is a hot opposite gender skier.

To the best of my recollection her name was Debbie and she was a nurse from somewhere near Boston. We skied the mountain together the rest of the day and then skied the lodge for just a couple of drinks when the lifts closed. Again, to the best of my recollection I didn't think much of it - just a nice 'girl' (we were both 20-somethings) to spend a ski day with. If I thought anything else it would have been that she lived too far away for any romantic potential.

A few years later, during a lonely period, I remembered her. I wrote a goofy letter to some nurses' professional association in the Boston area hoping some romantic office person would be willing to track her down for me. Yes, the longest of long shots with the expected result of no response. But this thread brought the story back from my cache of memories.

BTW, in more recent years the hot opposite gender skiers I've met on the lifts are there skiing with their husbands and teenage children :p