Clueless about Relationship

Recently my boyfriend and I have started talking about our future. We have been together almost 2 and a half years so I thought it was nothing unusual. I told him I'd like to make have my own career and provide for the family along with my future husband. He said that's what he wanted and would fully support me as my boyfriend or husband, but the other day he sent me a link to an article that discussed a woman's role in a relationship asked me to consider opening my mind to better possibilities. The article... well, contradicts what we had talked about and agreed upon. Although he had stated to support my goals and plans to pursue a career, the article and text he sent to make it seem like I don't have the support I would like to have in a marriage. I don't know where I should take things from here. I want to talk to him but fear that the link he sent me is how he really feels about me and our future.

What should I do?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed URL

What does he mean by other possibilities? I don't understand what he's trying to say. Ask him what he found so interesting about this article?

I also don't understand what point he was trying to make. I scanned the article and honestly don't see any big problems with the points it was making since it was considering various roles and possibilities, like have kids or don't have kids if you don't want to. I'm not finding it leaning right or left, in other words. Maybe it's just an article. Ask him what part of it made him send it to you.

• Like 1

Right it's a pretty general article that is just addressing women and lifestyle choices. It's pretty unclear what he wants you to get out of it.