EX girlfriend showed up out of the blue> really

Hi, so here's what i'm really confused about. I broke up with my ex girlfriend like 2 months ago ( i was dumped for being way too clingy/needy ). The thing is, i still do love her and i actually texted her on new years evening wishing her happy new year. We texted for a bit that evening before she replied with: "please don't text me anymore, i don't want any problems. Just don't show in my life anymore". and removed me from facebooks friends list. I just responded with: "Okay". However, whats really strange she actually messaged me herself in the evening the day after! She texted me: "well, i am coming to visit your town tonight". I just replied with: "that's great, have a good evening!"And that's it.. i didn't want to ask her if she was willing to meet up for a coffee or something just because what she texted me the day before.. So all of this happened like 2 weeks ago. What's interesting, she actually just invited me to friends on facebook at 3am yesterday. I did accept the invite, however she did not text me anything yet. I really don't wanna text her first.. Do you think i should? Or should i just wait for her to break the ice? Thank you!

I'm not sure what the right thing to do is, but if I were in your shoes there's no way I'd message her. If she wants to communicate with you she should be groveling.

• Author
I'm not sure what the right thing to do is, but if I were in your shoes there's no way I'd message her. If she wants to communicate with you she should be groveling.

Ya, that's what i was thinking as well. As much as i want, there's no way i'm gonna message her first...

Ya, that's what i was thinking as well. As much as i want, there's no way i'm gonna message her first...

But hasn't she been messaging you first...

I'm not sure I understand the logic, if you want to get back with her and she has continued to contact you then why not engage her in a conversation and find out where things lie, otherwise do NC, which BTW you haven't been doing since you replied to her text about being in your town.

You accepted her FB invitation to a friends also... so not sure why you are sitting there waiting for her to message first since that is all she seems to be doing...

• Author
But hasn't she been messaging you first...

I'm not sure I understand the logic, if you want to get back with her and she has continued to contact you then why not engage her in a conversation and find out where things lie, otherwise do NC, which BTW you haven't been doing since you replied to her text about being in your town.

You accepted her FB invitation to a friends also... so not sure why you are sitting there waiting for her to message first since that is all she seems to be doing...

I mean.. she hasn't even messaged me yet since i accepted her friends request... If she really wanted to get back together and talk things out, she would message me for sure, wouldn't she?

I dunno. Sounds to me like she went off the reservation to sample a little strange. Now that that's run out, well, you'll do in the meantime.

Good luck with that.

• Author

By the way, the same day she sent me a friend request, she posted this on her facebook wall: Do you think it's towards me and is supposed to mean anything? I have a feeling she wants to get back together but doesn't have the courage to say it.. What are your thoughts?

I have in this story something to confess

I already understood very well what happened

And although it hurts so much I have to accept

That you are not the bad one, that the bad one is me

Okay, I do not really, really wanna fight anymore

I do not really, really want to fake it no more

Play me like The Beatles, baby, just let it be

So come on, put the blame on me, yeah

She dumped you but you're hanging in for breadcrumbs?

This just lowers your status even more.

She's not some special snowflake.

You need to move on. Block her on everything or you'll stay where you are living on hopium.

The only one keeping you where you are is you.

I mean.. she hasn't even messaged me yet since i accepted her friends request... If she really wanted to get back together and talk things out, she would message me for sure, wouldn't she?

Why don't you try going your own way instead of hoping, waiting ??????

Sometimes you gotta just shoot your shot as see where it goes from there. Maybe it'll turn out the way you want it to, maybe it won't. Regardless of that, you'll at least know you'll you gave it one last shot!