LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

My BF used my gift card to buy me an XMAS Present

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam99 View Post
Maybe it's an age thing. Maybe a generation thing. But when I see a thread like this, I shake my head and wonder 'how women today act'. They're living together, right? To me that is super serious to begin with and implies they are also sleeping together which is also serious. OP (or any of the other flies on the wall), what about this guy prompted you to live with him?
Well we moved in together as friends and then it led to more. Which is very unfortunate and now I see his true colors. I had a perfect living arrangement before but both of my roommates were getting deployed and I needed a new room ASAP. Typical rent around my area for a 1 bedroom is $1,500 which I cannot do currently, so I needed to move in with someone and found him to split a 2 bedroom with. On top of this, I moved from my hometown with my ex bf and we lived together for 4 years and since that breakup it has been a series of unfortunate moves. Even though my last move was okay, the sudden deployment was not in my favor since I was only able to live there for 6 months.
Spractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:54 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spractor View Post
He is from India.
I am not defending the guy as he is a liar and was probably never ever going to marry you anyway, but although he was earning good money, was he sending a big chunk of it home to India to his family? (maybe parents and siblings, but maybe wife and kids, just a thought).
Many do.
He may then be cash poor.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:06 PM   #18
Established Member

Trust me, you guys have much bigger problems than gift cards...
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
I am not defending the guy as he is a liar and was probably never ever going to marry you anyway, but although he was earning good money, was he sending a big chunk of it home to India to his family? (maybe parents and siblings, but maybe wife and kids, just a thought).
Many do.
He may then be cash poor.
This may very well be the case. He wanted to bring me to India and we had plans to go next month, but he said he won't bring me now since I won't marry him and his parents wouldn't want to waste their time meeting me if we weren't getting married. He also talks about how disappointed his parents are with him since he is not married yet, but this could be all lies along with everything else he has told me. (I wouldn't ever marry him, but I did want to go to India and explore it with a local.)
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:34 PM   #20
Established Member

Spractor,
Now you have said he is from India this is a whole different ballgame

Is he Muslim, Hindu, Seikh or Buddist?

There is a very good reason why I am asking this question ....
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieswoman View Post
Spractor,
Now you have said he is from India this is a whole different ballgame

Is he Muslim, Hindu, Seikh or Buddist?

There is a very good reason why I am asking this question ....
It's funny you ask this because when I confronted him about his lies he said I am so terrible and he only wants positive energy and then he brought up his religion. Even though he does not practice it, he was brought up Hindu.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:56 PM   #22
Established Member

spractor,
If he is Hindu then this is nonsense.

Quote:
This may very well be the case. He wanted to bring me to India and we had plans to go next month, but he said he won't bring me now since I won't marry him and his parents wouldn't want to waste their time meeting me if we weren't getting married.
Did he ever propose to you or did I miss that bit?
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:59 PM   #23

Quote:
spractor,
If he is Hindu then this is nonsense.

Did he ever propose to you or did I miss that bit?
Nope he never proposed to me but said he wanted to marry me. I never said I would and he tells me I am typical American who will probably not ever know what I want until I am in my 50's. I just wanted to experience India, but he had other intentions that I made clear I would not do.
Old 3rd January 2018, 1:04 PM   #24
Established Member

Spractor,
Please get rid of this guy.

His head seems to be full of broken biscuits, and quite frankly I think he's nuts

Hindu men are brought up to respect women so stealing off them just doesn't gel with his behaviour.
Spractor likes this.
Old 3rd January 2018, 1:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Spractor,

His head seems to be full of broken biscuits, and quite frankly I think he's nuts

Hindu men are brought up to respect women so stealing off them just doesn't gel with his behaviour.
Thank you for this. He always tells me how women in his culture are treated very highly blah blah blah. Before the stealing situation, I always told him actions speak louder than words. Since he would always tell me something, but his actions did not line up. He really must be nuts, but I am really beginning to believe that he is a pathological liar. I just want to be positive on my end, since he has said some really rude things to me after his lies. Oh he says I am a pathetic loser, he should speak for himself IMO.
Old 3rd January 2018, 1:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Spractor,

One more thing about this situation. Since he did steal my gift card, would it be in my best interest to get a safe for very expensive belongings. I am nervous after this that he could be capable of anything. What is your opinion on this? My gut just tells me I need to get a small safe to put my jewelry and coin collection I have in this.
Old 3rd January 2018, 1:34 PM   #27
Established Member

spractor,

Quote:
My gut just tells me I need to get a small safe to put my jewelry and coin collection I have in this.
Good idea.

Do you have a bolt/lock on your bedroom door btw? I wouldn't put anything past this guy, he seems unstable.
Old 3rd January 2018, 1:45 PM   #28

Quote:
spractor,

Good idea.

Do you have a bolt/lock on your bedroom door btw? I wouldn't put anything past this guy, he seems unstable.
No, I can only lock it when I am in there, it does not have an option to unlock from the outside. I will buy a small safe tonight, since I am feeling uneasy about this situation and his capabilities.
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:16 PM   #29
S2B
Established Member

Quote:
One more thing about this situation. Since he did steal my gift card, would it be in my best interest to get a safe for very expensive belongings. I am nervous after this that he could be capable of anything. What is your opinion on this? My gut just tells me I need to get a small safe to put my jewelry and coin collection I have in this.
Yes, get a safe. But first get rid of the guy!

He's no good!!
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:22 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
No, I can only lock it when I am in there, it does not have an option to unlock from the outside. I will buy a small safe tonight, since I am feeling uneasy about this situation and his capabilities.
It's very easy to swap out the door nob for a locking one. If you have a Philip's head screw driver, you have all the tools you need.

A safe is worthless if it can be carried away.

Just keep the stock door nob and swap it back out when you move (and now you have a locking door nob for your next place).
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote