Quick Question...

If I say the following, literally-

"I deserve better than to be with someone who lies to me"

...Is it:

a) My ego talking? or

b) A statement that is true and reasonable?

Some background if anyone was to know-

- Yes, this is to my ex

- We were together a little over a year

- We broke up because I found out he had been talking daily with his ex

- I asked over 10 times in the course of our relationship if he still talked to her (something didn't feel right)

- I not-so-sporadically asked if he was being truthful to me, he always said yes (again, something didn't felt right)

• Author
It's your healthy sense of self/self worth talking.

Thanks, I had not considered that option, which I'm reading as in things are not black and white, there's shades in between.

• Author
Except you don't owe him an explanation for why you're not onboard anymore after the lying he did.

This is for me, nothing to do with him (he's not asking for an explanation and I'm not offering one). I'm just examining myself and my beliefs, see how level-headed or crazy they might be.

• Author
You know that you don’t deserve to be lied to. Self worth.

He can continue to contact his ex. You can make him your ex :)

Yeah I know, thank you... I just wanted to feel out opinions to see if my standards weren't impossibly high.

Saying that would be putting your self-worth first, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is completely healthy to want better for yourself!

todreaminblue

No one deserves to be lied to ....people choose to lie and who to lie to.....people choose to hurt others.....no one deserves to be hurt...deb.....