Plus size lingerie

My beautiful wife of 7 years is a plus size woman. I have always had trouble finding her lingerie that is quality, classy, and makes her feel comfortable. Lingerie helps our sex life due to her insecurities, but i havent been able to find a brand that meets what im looking for. I dont mind paying $100+ for a good piece, if it is worth it.

Any suggestions?

heartbrokenlady

There isn't a lot, IMO.

I get nice silk underwear at M&S, in the UK, but they're not exciting.

There is a model on Facebook, called Fuller Fugure Fuller Bust - Blogger and Model. She's a lingerie blogger and shows some sexy stuff. But still, there's a huge gap in the market.

There isn't a lot, IMO.

I get nice silk underwear at M&S, in the UK, but they're not exciting.

There is a model on Facebook, called Fuller Fugure Fuller Bust - Blogger and Model. She's a lingerie blogger and shows some sexy stuff. But still, there's a huge gap in the market.

M&S! LOL. Isnt that were grannies go for their Bridget Jones pants. Haha.

Why not try online. Theres also shops like La Senza or you could try Ann Summers.

heartbrokenlady
M&S! LOL. Isnt that were grannies go for their Bridget Jones pants. Haha.

Why not try online. Theres also shops like La Senza or you could try Ann Summers.

La Senza don't do plus size. Ann Summers sell nylon. Poor quality.

There is nothing online either, not in plus size if you want high quality. There's a lots of tacky and nasty. But it didn't sound as if that was what the OP was looking for.

Yes, M&S is mainly functional, but they do a small silk range. It's not exciting stuff tho.

Well, before you go spending money on it, ask her if she'd wear it or not. Some will and some won't. Lane Bryant has some things. It's not kinky stuff, just pretty things. Don't try to make her wear it if she's not comfortable doing it. She might appreciate a silky negligee that has some coverage and some cutouts more than a g-string.

I will just add that if she wanted sex underwear, she'd probably have already gone out and gotten some for herself. We women know how to shop, you know.

• Like 2

Welcome to LS....

IIRC back when I was married in a similar circumstance I found some resources to suggest sources for plus size stuff that matched our interests. Girdlebound and the Powder Room at the Fedora Lounge were two at the time which gave me some ideas.

So we have an idea OP, what is 'plus size' for your spouse? My exW was a 16-18 petite, sometimes 18-20 (US). She was 5'1" and 170-190 generally. I had no problem finding lots of cool stuff for her. She still had an hourglass shape so we had fun with corsets and corselettes and garters, etc, as examples.

• Like 1

What is your definition of "plus size"? Most sex stores I know have sizes that go up to XXXXL. Of course, don't buy the "one size fits all" stuff - they usually only fit tiny people, lol.

Maybe she's insecure because you are more interested in dressing her up in sexy underwear than in appreciating her as she is? You are buying for you not her. I can imagine she feels quite resentful of having to wear things to turn you on.

Try Figleaves.com; they sell many brands and their own line, and are based in the UK, and have a US side too. Their plus size is not as extensive as the regular sizes, but it is considerable.

Maybe she's insecure because you are more interested in dressing her up in sexy underwear than in appreciating her as she is? You are buying for you not her. I can imagine she feels quite resentful of having to wear things to turn you on.

This seems like a bit of a stretch to me - why do you assume that she doesn't enjoy wearing lingerie? I know some women don't, but lots of women do - I personally love it. Given that the OP has been with her for 7 years and calls her "his beautiful wife", I really wouldn't immediately jump to the assumption that this is something he's pushing on her and that she dislikes.

• Like 1
compulsivedancer
This seems like a bit of a stretch to me - why do you assume that she doesn't enjoy wearing lingerie? I know some women don't, but lots of women do - I personally love it. Given that the OP has been with her for 7 years and calls her "his beautiful wife", I really wouldn't immediately jump to the assumption that this is something he's pushing on her and that she dislikes.

As someone who had a kid last year and is not completely comfortable with my new body, I can say that wearing clothes during sex can be freeing because I don't get distracted by my insecurities. OP mentioned something similar, so I would guess this is the case for her.

• Like 1
As someone who had a kid last year and is not completely comfortable with my new body, I can say that wearing clothes during sex can be freeing because I don't get distracted by my insecurities.

Yeah, I like how it accentuates assets and skims over not-so-assets - which pretty much everyone has, plus-sized or otherwise. :o But I guess for me the biggest appeal is in how the material feels on my skin, and the "naughtiness" or novelty of the whole thing.

It really puzzles me whenever anyone assumes that lingerie is strictly a "for the men's eyes" thing that women just put up with. I think that between the SO and I, I probably enjoy it more! :laugh:

• Like 1
compulsivedancer
Yeah, I like how it accentuates assets and skims over not-so-assets - which pretty much everyone has, plus-sized or otherwise. :o But I guess for me the biggest appeal is in how the material feels on my skin, and the "naughtiness" or novelty of the whole thing.

It really puzzles me whenever anyone assumes that lingerie is strictly a "for the men's eyes" thing that women just put up with. I think that between the SO and I, I probably enjoy it more! :laugh:

I think I generally prefer naked, but I like the lingerie as a change. Plus it's fun to put something on and see that "I'm not worthy" look in my boyfriend's eyes. It just takes everything to the next level.