What DO you want for Christmas from your SO...

... or lover, or new dating partner, FWB or whatever you've got going on right now. Or all of the above!

I'll go first. From my two local FWBs I want one night with each. I'm moving in January, so it's a sentimental goodbye thing.

From my anchor partner I want time on Christmas Day with my fam.

And that's it! Quality time is my love language. Give me that and I'm happy.

What about you? What do you want and why?

I don't have any ideas about what I want - Christmas isn't a big occasion for me, though I love walking around and looking at the decor and events that are going on at the moment. There IS a handwrapped gift from the SO waiting for me on the table, but it'll be 3 days before I get to find out what's in it... :laugh:

• Like 1

My bf of 2 years does not celebrate xmas or any other holidays. I don't want anything from him on that day because each other day of the year with him feels like xmas already. I will celebrate with my family and I want him to stay as positive as possible in this time of the year that he finds depressing.

My bf of 2 years does not celebrate xmas or any other holidays. I don't want anything from him on that day because each other day of the year with him feels like xmas already. I will celebrate with my family and I want him to stay as positive as possible in this time of the year that he finds depressing.

Just curious, if you don't mind me asking: Did you invite him to your family X'mas celebrations?

... I'll go first. From my two local FWBs I want one night with each.

Why not another night with both, as well? I'm sure that would be memorable and special.

Just curious, if you don't mind me asking: Did you invite him to your family X'mas celebrations?

Several times, I invited him, my family invited him directly when we visit them, my daughter asked him 100s of times. He cannot deal with the holidays, something coming from his childhood. We all accepted it and we leave him be. He does come to every family dinners between xmas and NYE.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

The older I get, the less excited I get about presents. Feels like such a cop out anymore.

Anyone can slap down a credit card and make a purchase from some long list a loved one handed you on the way out the door. Blah.

I'm much more about quality time and giving each other things that are meaningful and can't necessarily be bought in a store.

Some of the best gifts I received were a 'mix tape' of songs that were meaningful to us as a couple, a "Love Book" that had pictures of us through out our relationship, another partner took old family Beta videos and had them transferred to DVD's, and a Pamper Day where he spoiled me rotten with breakfast in bed, full body massage, painted my toenails, etc. That was a pretty spectacular day!

Things like that were always and still are my favorite gifts of all :)

• Like 3
BarbedFenceRider
The older I get, the less excited I get about presents. Feels like such a cop out anymore.

Anyone can slap down a credit card and make a purchase from some long list a loved one handed you on the way out the door. Blah.

I'm much more about quality time and giving each other things that are meaningful and can't necessarily be bought in a store.

Some of the best gifts I received were a 'mix tape' of songs that were meaningful to us as a couple, a "Love Book" that had pictures of us through out our relationship, another partner took old family Beta videos and had them transferred to DVD's, and a Pamper Day where he spoiled me rotten with breakfast in bed, full body massage, painted my toenails, etc. That was a pretty spectacular day!

Things like that were always and still are my favorite gifts of all :)

>>I just want to know, who has mixed tapes? And you have a cassette player to play them on? WOW! lol

Michelle ma Belle
>>I just want to know, who has mixed tapes? And you have a cassette player to play them on? WOW! lol

Haha he burned them on a CD for me. He called it a mix tape reminiscent of the good old days :)

• Like 1

I quite fancy a pair of leather chaps. (For the weekends)

Failing that a good re-stock of socks is in order.

She`s got me quite a few presents (All under the tree)

I am certain one is a revolving `bow tie` that lights up and plays Cavalleria Rusticana Intermezzo.

Perfect.

Just to have her laying next to me in bed. To see her smiling face in the morning when I wake up. Join her next to the xmas tree and reminisce about this past year, all that's happened, and plan the things we're going to do this coming. :)

She already got me a Red Sox hat so that's the main other thing I want.

• Like 1