Love Patterns

When you look at your life. What type of patterns do you see with your life that makes having a Love relationship for you.

For me the glaring obstacles for me is my growing jadedness with women in the sense that my efforts are greeted with women that are attached already, or they are more cold and aloof.

When it works. Its usually when I don't care and the woman makes a move on me. When I make the effort. The results are mixed at best.

• Author

I don't know why Singleness is such a big deal for me and some of my friends. It really does not feel natural. It just feels like to really meet someone and click all the way to having a LTR or having kids with them, is a longshot.

My buddy M is a male and a good guy and handsome and all of that. He barley has a GF and does not date as much. I wonder if its a matter of we are not trying a lot or is the current dating are in our modern times that dismal.

My friendships are way more richer in tone and support than any dating thing.

If I had to wager. I guess My friend M and I will meet a woman that wants a LTR, but it will have to be when we don't go out of our way to make it happen.

I have said this before. All my male friends that make an effort to date. Nothing major happens. The ones that let it fall into their lap. The women in their lives seem more dedicated to them and they don't have major hang ups. Not to the point of their lives going off the rails.

Just like when I was younger. All my friends that moved out before they got married. All of them had heavy love lives. The men that stayed home. Their women were more easy to be with.

Thats why I see patterns in life. The major LTR with a woman is coming from the women that drop into my lap. They are usually in my social environment. The women I make and effort with. Nothing works out long term. No matter how much leg work I do.

Edited by Mysterio

I cherish those moments between unconsciousness and the brain engaging. A lot of love and positive thoughts outside myself occur in that time. What effect that pattern has I know not. I do know that letting go of expectations as an older man has certainly improved things, and is more in line with my historical pattern of gaining real personal satisfaction from loving versus being loved. Given the time of year, it's a gift with an inexhaustible supply that can never go broke. Pretty cool. If that means being short-changed in the transaction of life, I'm content with that now. My wish is for others to find and cherish the happiness and peace that is meaningful to them.

If you're talking about romance and relationships ;), it was always a challenge no matter what pattern. That's just how life goes for some of us. There is peace in accepting that realization. Best wishes in your relationships!