Do you believe in miracles??

Do you do you think that two people can really love each other after dating less than a year? If those people breakup and one person tries to shut the other one out bcuz its too painful, is there still a chance this couple can get back together and be happy? Does love really conquer all? Or is it all just bull crap? What if these people have semi moved on and are dating other people? Is there Magic In Love? Thoughts?

Yes you can fall in love even if dating for less than a year.

No. love does not conquer all.

As with anything there is a small chance the couple can get back together but if one of them is shutting the other out & they have moved on to others, that chance dwindles to miniscule. Even in the best of circumstances, the change was slim to start & reconciliation is high improbable.

The time to fix what is wrong in a relationship is before it gets so bad that you break up.

• Like 1
Do you do you think that two people can really love each other after dating less than a year?

Yes absolutely, my husband and I were deeply in love well before we hit the year mark.

If those people breakup and one person tries to shut the other one out bcuz its too painful, is there still a chance this couple can get back together and be happy?

Chances are slim to none. I have never understood "breaks" or on again off again couples. You either have the desire to stay together, the communication skills to work through your problems TOGETHER, the gumption to make things work - or you don't.

If you really love someone, and are compatible with them, and have a healthy relationship with them - you don't break up, you don't walk away.

Does love really conquer all? Or is it all just bull crap? What if these people have semi moved on and are dating other people? Is there Magic In Love? Thoughts?

No love does not conquer all. It does not overcome incompatibility. It does not overcome lack of communication skills. It does not overcome mental health problems, drug addiction, all sorts of things.

You can love someone, and not be capable of having a healthy relationship with them.

• Like 3
Do you do you think that two people can really love each other after dating less than a year?

Yes, certainly.

If those people breakup and one person tries to shut the other one out bcuz its too painful, is there still a chance this couple can get back together and be happy? Does love really conquer all? Or is it all just bull crap?

We are made out of flesh and blood, so love does not conquer all. It needs the will and persistence of both parties to keep the love alive. Sometimes you cannot make a love work, and you realize that you have to let the other person go to to make them happy.

What if these people have semi moved on and are dating other people? Is there Magic In Love? Thoughts?

It makes it more unlikely that they will end up together, because these "other people" will have left a mark on the relationship.

There is magic in love, but it needs to be cared for and will go away if neglected.

thefooloftheyear

Sure!!....heck, I'm living proof!!:laugh:

But with regard to your relationship question...

Relationships start for a variety of reasons....Need....sexual desire.....money....status/class....the list is almost endless...

In most cases, once those things get realized and the relationship "matures", whatever is left is what you have....In some cases attraction fades, people change, people go broke, get bored, get lazy, whatever...

In my opinion, I guess you could call it a small miracle if all things stay strong "forever"...That's very tough and very rare...but I guess it's hope for those that want that in their lives...

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 1
Do you do you think that two people can really love each other after dating less than a year? If those people breakup and one person tries to shut the other one out bcuz its too painful, is there still a chance this couple can get back together and be happy? Does love really conquer all? Or is it all just bull crap? What if these people have semi moved on and are dating other people? Is there Magic In Love? Thoughts?

I don't know if it is magic but reconciliations happen all the f*cking time. The most extreme example I know of personally: the guy met a woman in grad school. Married some other chick. Divorced 7-8 years later - contacted the first woman, knocked her up 2 times in a row and married her as well. Now divorcing wifey 2 and getting back to wifey 1. They are in rotation so to speak :D

Oh, another example - more extreme: my neighbor - after 2 wives and 2 divorces is not back to his college girfriend. They dated first in their early 20s, now again in their 60s. They seem to be super into each other - go figure.

Yes. Two people can fall in love with each other if they have dated less than a year. I know of people that fell in love so fast and got married within 3 months and have been happy ever since.

Breaking up and getting back together does also happen. It happens quite a lot. Actually some peoples relationships are built on breaking up and getting back together all the time. I am not sure if its healthy for their mental state -- but it happens a lot.

I guess in order to get back together, one person is going to have to stop shutting the other person out. ;)