I gave up on dating. So numb to the pain!

In the past 5 years I have been dumped by both of my exes. One cheated, the other claim there's no one but I know there is. They both pretended so well right before the breakup that I can't even trust anymore. I'm aware now that a guy can go years dating a woman he sees no future with and lie straight through his teeth. I don't even want to go through it anymore.

mortensorchid

I'm sorry you feel this way bit you are not alone. I too have hung it up. I'm tired of the disappointment, apathy, bad communication, meeting someone who you just feel lukewarm about and have it go no where. Plus of the getting burned, hung out to dry, getting treated badly, cowardly behavior, etc. This is the world apparently. I try to keep in mind like the OP said, not all guys act like this, but I would like to see the one who does/doesn't. I continue to slog through the trenches alone like you. Keepoving forward..

• Like 1

It's not because of you.....it's the type of people they are. I get there is PTSD to deal with, the lack of trust, and paranoia etc. It's a tough recovery emotionally for sure.

Time to take a break to build up your self esteem. mortensorchid is right, not all guys are cheating losers. You life you learn you grow. Walk away from this as a learned experience. These guys have taught you what the red flags are, and or what to look for.

You are in the acute stages of grief. It sucks. It does get better. For now, surround yourself with positive supportive people.

Be kind to yourself. Do things that comfort you.

You've had two really bad experiences, but not all people is the same.

Get strong, and love yourself.

lf it's any consolation , don't worry , the guys get all the same shyt from women too. Girlfriends, even their own wives will go on like that but then suddenly want out or shes been seein someone else.

They say oh , she was probably signed out a long time a go , you missed the signs.

Yeah, right. So the fact that she just pretended all that time and didn't even try to talk about the problems , makes it all ok then.

ahh, sorry , no it effg doesn't. It makes her a liar, cheater and 2 faced.

So even in a marriage , you can miss these things.

So don't be too hard on yourself ok , l'm not sure what the answer is apart from just trying not to pick someone like that next time and choosing someone with the quality that doesn't do shyt like that.

There are decent guys out there , don't worry.

• Like 1

My sympathies OP; one lesson I learned over the decades was that these experiences, while certainly painful in the moment, were great learning experiences in life. Now, I was a bit hard-headed and stubborn so it took awhile for the lessons to sink in but, mostly they finally got there. BOTD is still one I'm working on. I tend to believe women and, well, eh ;) Like I said, I'm working on the trust but verify thing.

IMO, if feeling low, friends are great to revitalize. They're with us through thick and thin. The rest, well, it'll work out and a great guy could be just around the corner. Never know.

• Like 2