LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Better to have loved and lost...

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2017, 2:45 AM   #61
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Think l better stop reading all this kinda stuff. l met someone a wk or two back, have been really exited about her but now l'm all like, put the brakes on don't this don't that, better be careful ra ra ra.

Trouble is , l dunno how to do things like that. She loves the way l feel too but lf l start being all hesitant and hold back , it's gonna mess me up.
Oh Chilli, I'm so happy for you that you met someone!
Yeah, don't mess it up and pull back. Accept and relish in your blessings.
Chilli likes this.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 7:06 AM   #62
Established Member

Ahh thanks for that pop, .

and thanks for the tips too sounds like beautiful advice to me, that's what l was thinking. owe ya one, l can't do bs anyway.
Popsicle likes this.

Last edited by Chilli; 27th December 2017 at 7:11 AM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 3:53 PM   #63
Established Member

I talked to one of the guys who rejected me. In the process I realized something.

Most dumpers believe they can come back when they are ready. Look at me. The people here myself included have sat back and wondered if an ex will come back. The person who left has a lot more control and confidence over the situation in their minds.

I never cease to be amazed at how happy and optimistic they are. Every time I talk to a guy who dumped me or rejected me in some way, they are just so sure I'll find someone.
enigma32 likes this.
hotpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 7:55 PM   #64
Established Member

Two years after my art relationship, I still have nightmares. It makes me miserable, and no, I can't choose how I respond. I had a nightmare this morning btw. It's torture.
hotpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 10:33 PM   #65
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotato View Post
Two years after my art relationship, I still have nightmares. It makes me miserable, and no, I can't choose how I respond. I had a nightmare this morning btw. It's torture.
Yea me too. It ebbs and flows. I was doing well for a while and a few weeks back I had this horrific, vivid dream about my ex that nearly put me in tears and kept me up the rest of the night. Took a few days to shake it.

Although nothing has worked out since, at least I have the (rare) ability to get excited about a woman (shortly before I am disappointed that it goes no where). It's a step.

I'm starting to get tired of having sex with women just to kill the time and for a short burst of feel good. Though I must admit it does work at the time by keeping me distracted.

I'm really convinced that this is life for me now. My younger brother swore off women and I never understood it....until now.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote