LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Too shocked to think of what to say...

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2018, 10:54 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
Oh I did! I have no problem telling him what idiot he is. I let it all out! He is breaking an important rule at AA, he's not helping this young girl, he's risking his own sobriety AND he's emotionally cheating on his gf.

He sees nothing wrong, he serves me phrases like I deserve to be happy at my age, and age is just a number.
He really just needs to break up with the girlfriend. Clearly she is not making him happy if he's that willing to jump into something with anyone else who pays attention to him.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 4:42 AM   #62
Established Member

When I hear this story. All I hear is lust on overdrive. I think your friend should let his current GF go.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 5:56 AM   #63

Your friend must be going through a hardcore mid life crisis.

I'd say that if these women he falls in love with were women that inspired him to be the best man he could be, then maybe it would be worth to leave his current partner and chase his happiness. But it's clearly not the case. But his current relationship doesn't seem to make him that happy either. So I feel a bit bad for him, I sense that he's a total mess.

At least it seems that you have a decent friendship, since you can tell him directly what an idiot he is without him reacting badly. I'm not sure what else could you say to him though. If he's a friend that doesn't make you happy anymore then you can just say that you don't like the person he is right now and explain to him for the last time. Maybe ask him to contact you when he's gotten over this crisis and is his good old self again?
gone_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 11:11 AM   #64
Established Member

Finally he did the right thing. He broke up with his girlfriend over the weekend. He says he feels it was the right thing to do and he feels relieved. He said they had not been intimate in 6 months, he had lost all sexual desire for her and they were nothing more then friends for a long time.