Universal Behaviour while Life Mating

With all the backlash with CK/Spacey/Weinstein/Trump. In the sense that they have come off as alledged aggressive behaviour when it comes off to bullying women/men when it comes to intimate interaction.

What is the best way that men should behave towards women. I think that current modern society are mixed up when it comes to mating. Its like be the Nice Guy thats laid back and sweet. Your seen as booring. Be brash and in a lady's face about your romantic extention. Your seen as a Bad Boy.

Although the latest men in the news went overboard to the point of no return.

I lean towards the Nice Guy side of things. Although I won't let someone steamroll themselves over me. Its just so confusing. No wonder we have all have a problem mating for life.

What do you all think?

My take as a guy is to be upfront but laid back, when approaching a woman romantically. I would not do so in my emeidate Work place. Or at least not my department.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Most people know that you can't jerk off in front of a random woman(like some famous comedian has admitted to) among a host of other things unmentionable...

But that being said, if you think now we have to alter our behavior so that we have all types of safeguards and act/talk to women as if we are attorneys afraid to say something that could possibly be misconstrued? Nah...no way...

Its not that confusing....Just use basic common sense...even a knuckle dragger like me knows that...

TFY

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic

I agree with TFY. No woman wants to be approached as if the man has an attorney handcuffed to his wrist. We still like an assertive, alpha male if he's respectful while still projecting sexuality.

But, I do have to admit that all of this gross behavior in the news has thrown me for a temporary disgusted-with-all-men loop. Not fair, I realize.

• Like 1

In a recent post, someone perfectly described male behaviour to avoid.... it was when a guy sees a woman who has body language which clearly says "don't approach" and he tries anyway. I suspect the poster thought this was a technique of men who win. But as a woman, I would say that *deliberately* ignoring my body language constitutes harassment.

We still like an assertive, alpha male if he's respectful while still projecting sexuality.

:p:laugh::lmao:

• Like 2

l fell sorry for you , who are you ?

That's who you be , very very simple, forget the internet bs.

You think every couple out the in the wolrd over are all carbon copies of the internet and media bs recommendations, that's a bloody joke.

They're all as different as you or l and 99% of them have never heard of any of the bs all over the net.

l was married 20 yrs and we use to laugh our heads of at the bs out there and just felt sorry the poor confused single people we knew.

Put it this way , supposing your being this super you and some chick likes you for him and you marry her.

you don't even get along , because your not even real , your not even you. it'd be a lie.

Who'd wanna live like that, what sort of marriage would that be, a sham.

And how long you think you can be him for anyway, and what happens when the covers come off.

We all need little improvements but if you wanna be happy with someone then you should be able to be yourself and whomever he is , with her above anyone else on this planet,

• Like 1
WaitingForBardot
In a recent post, someone perfectly described male behaviour to avoid.... it was when a guy sees a woman who has body language which clearly says "don't approach" and he tries anyway. I suspect the poster thought this was a technique of men who win. But as a woman, I would say that *deliberately* ignoring my body language constitutes harassment.

I disagree. The problem with this is that many men are not very adept at picking up subtle clues from women; they may think they are being obvious but they are anything but. A better description would be persisting after a woman has told you or otherwise clearly indicated no.

Changing the definition of harassment to include just an initial approach sets a dangerous precedent. If only because harassment is such a legally loaded word these days.

• Like 1
WaitingForBardot

/...snip/

Its not that confusing....Just use basic common sense...even a knuckle dragger like me knows that...

TFY

Yup.

Actually I think the vast majority of people know this, but once again we are going down a path where we try to affect the behaviour of a small percentage of people by harping on the 98+% that would never even dream of behaving that way. And the 1-2% who do don't give a rat's a$$ what you think...

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I disagree. The problem with this is that many men are not very adept at picking up subtle clues from women; they may think they are being obvious but they are anything but. A better description would be persisting after a woman has told you or otherwise clearly indicated no.

Changing the definition of harassment to include just an initial approach sets a dangerous precedent. If only because harassment is such a legally loaded word these days.

Not only that, you might be surprised at the amount of women that purposely reject guys they actually like, to initiate them to get into a position of the pursuer...They won't feel the guy is worthy unless he moves mountains of obstacles to get to her....

Its kind of crazy and I don't really get it, but ive witnessed it enough and have actually had women I know tell me that they purposely do this..

TFY

• Like 1

If I were a man I would be afraid to talk to any woman I work with about anything other than work. I would not make eye contact, compliment her on anything and treat her as one of my male co-workers. I would save my romantic interests for women outside of the work place. A piece of ass would not be enough to put my job in jeopardy. Oh, and I'd definitely lawyer up.

What do you all think?

My best friend and Mike Pence have similar methods. Neither will spend any time in the company of a woman alone, except for their wives. My best friend used to employ dozens of women and he'd always have a witness in the room with him whenever having a meeting or lunch or whatever. I was the witness sometimes.

Too bad but that's how it is. TBH, I see no downsides to not dating at all since my divorce. Don't need any more minefields at this stage of life. Plenty of other stuff to do.

• Like 1
My best friend and Mike Pence have similar methods. Neither will spend any time in the company of a woman alone, except for their wives. [...]

I'm not quite as strict, meaning that I don't mind being alone around women I trust. I will no longer be alone with a woman at work without clearly being on her good side. Anything of significance I will not discuss alone and only with another woman present, and my female boss has the same policy. I'm her token man to attend similar meetings.

I don't do casual dating, so the situation doesn't present itself all that much in my private life, meaning that I'm not alone with a woman until I know her better.

• Author

I think there is active dating and then dating that flows in your life. I don't get whats going on. I think I would just rather be like this.

My first agenda if I like a woman is to find out if she is attached. Until then. I just stay chill and friendly.

• Author

This is my stance on relationships right now. I see a woman. I talk to her. If she is cool. I try to make things happen. If not. Let it go.

I just feel that there is too much catering to women in our society when it comes to romance. Its like if we men don't wine and dine them. Nothing is going to happen. Why that is. I don't know.

I think that men and women should be quilifying romantic potentials. That way. Both parties no the score.

thefooloftheyear
This is my stance on relationships right now. I see a woman. I talk to her. If she is cool. I try to make things happen. If not. Let it go.

I just feel that there is too much catering to women in our society when it comes to romance. Its like if we men don't wine and dine them. Nothing is going to happen. Why that is. I don't know.

I think that men and women should be quilifying romantic potentials. That way. Both parties no the score.

Who's society?? Not seeing that, bro...;)

TFY

Sorry, I described it badly. In the post I was thinking of, the example was that he *recognised* she didn't want to be approached but did it anyway. I'm. not talking about the guy who can't read social skills.

And when I talk of harassment, I don't mean in a legal sense. I mean in the "this is a very self centered man who doesn't care one. It about how I feel'" sense". If rape culture had a scale of 1-10, this would be a 2. Far from rape, but still demonstrating that he does not care to accept the 'no' he's already seen.

• Like 1
Not only that, you might be surprised at the amount of women that purposely reject guys they actually like, to initiate them to get into a position of the pursuer...They won't feel the guy is worthy unless he moves mountains of obstacles to get to her....

Its kind of crazy and I don't really get it, but ive witnessed it enough and have actually had women I know tell me that they purposely do this..

TFY

I call bs.

Just be yourself and be natural. There are some women who think that any social interaction between men and women is harassment but they are not the majority and when a woman shows signs of being like that just don't deal with them anymore than you have to. Don't let yourself get caught up in the gender war. Most women are not like the ones who post on Jezebel and will not scream harassment because you said hello.

• Like 2

If society didn't give derogatory labels to women who have sex without being wined and dined, things may be different. At present, if she doesn't make him jump through hoops, many women will give her labels and many men openly admit they would see her as not being 'wife material'.

I call ignorant...

TFY

Strange that. You're talking about women. I am one, most of my friends are, and yet you think I'm the one that doesn't know women???? Hmm. As I said...

thefooloftheyear
Strange that. You're talking about women. I am one, most of my friends are, and yet you think I'm the one that doesn't know women???? Hmm. As I said...

Great...good for recognizing that....;)

Nowhere did I say you or your friends don't know women...All I did was challenge your assessment of my observations/experiences I know it may be hard for you to comprehend the concept of a woman deliberately playing hard to get and making a guy really have to work for her attention/affection.. For many women, that would just be unfathomable.....A good guy comes along, and they would do anything not to jeopardize it...I get it....

No disrespect, of course, but unlike many women, who may be lucky in their 90 years on Earth to find 2 truly genuine guys who want them for more than their body parts, some women have a zillion options...Guys lined up to the next county.......So then it just merely becomes what methodology do they use to decide which guy is most worthy..Some play very hard to get...They have that luxury...Some don't...And this works the same for guys, btw...so no gender bias here,..

As I said...

TFY