Ideas for Christmas

Well, the title says it pretty much. I need ideas for a xmas gift to my girlfriend. I really want to do something special and romantic for her. Been searching all over for ideas but they all seem so cheesy. Help will be much appreciated.

Well, the title says it pretty much. I need ideas for a xmas gift to my girlfriend. I really want to do something special and romantic for her. Been searching all over for ideas but they all seem so cheesy. Help will be much appreciated.

Can you tell us a bit about her, what sort of things she's into? How old she is? So we can think of things to suggest.

• Author

Yes, you are right. She's 30, very independent but sometimes very romantic, we haven't been together that long - 6 months. I am still getting to know her and that why I am asking, I don't want to look like an a$$ :D I don't think anything technical would be appropriate for her, I kinda want to do something very romantic and sweet for her.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Yes, you are right. She's 30, very independent but sometimes very romantic, we haven't been together that long - 6 months. I am still getting to know her and that why I am asking, I don't want to look like an a$$ :D I don't think anything technical would be appropriate for her, I kinda want to do something very romantic and sweet for her.

So you're looking for an experience gift? Or just a gift she can open?

• Author

Actually whichever, but I think that the experience gift would be a better fit for her. Plus I really want to DO something for her not just give her an item that I've bought. Don't know if that came right but I hope you'll get what I mean.

I've been researching and I want to do something like these xmas gift ideas but not for the whole 12 days :D I was thinking of a gift hunt for the day or I don't know... Geez I am bad at this stuff :o

Why not ask her what she would like...

I used to buy Christmas Gifts for my wife when we were dating and first married and those gifts missed the mark at times and when I asked her what she wanted the gifts no longer missed the mark and she got what she wanted/needed.

If you are smitten with each other than you can't miss with Jewelry.

6 months isn't that long. Don't go crazy. No jewelry; it's too soon.

If she likes the stuff, get a great bottle of champagne & 2 or 4 glasses. You can drink it together on NYE.

A beautiful silk scarf or nice leather gloves would be sensual, protective, practical & just intimate enough.

A sweater in her favorite color is always welcome. You may be able to find cashmere at a good price.

When you get too personal, that is what things get cheesy. You haven't been together log enough to get something like a blanket with a picture of the two of you imprinted on it. My husband did get a fleece blanket with my college logo on it which I love.

A cheesy teddy bear might be OK.

If you want to make her feel special, consider sending a holiday bouquet to her at work. That is as an "extra" not her main present.

Do not over spend. You don't want to inadvertently increase the pressure on your relatively new connection. Plus you want to be able to meet or exceed the precedent you set next year without breaking the bank.

Experience gifts tend to be very expensive. IMO it's too early for something like that. You will overwhelm her with the link & you will never be able to top it in the future. 1-2 of those things but not jewelry would be OK. Not all 12.

• Like 1
2.50 a gallon

Are you a bah-humbug guy or do you really get into enjoying the holidays

I learned a long time ago that most women like to celebrate Christmas and like guys who do the same

Decorate your place, put up some lights, take her to the local light parade.

My secret, bake Christmas cookies. In the 15 years after the break up of my marriage, Christmas cookies, got me in bed with at least two dozen women.

When I started dating my current GF, she had just temporarily broken up with the guy she had been living with for five years. A good looking 6' 200 pound boxer, who got into drugs when he quit the ring. They planned on getting back together once he got clean in 6 months. She was in love with the guy and could never love any one else. And oh was she independent.

Third date, I brought her over to bake Halloween cookies, at Christmas time I put up strings of lights, and baked Christmas cookies, with the first grand daughter.

I am not saying that celebrating Christmas totally did the trick. But I sure it helped. When he came back on Valentines day, she told him she had found some one new.

We have now been together for over 22 years. And she still gets off on baking Christmas cookies.

For cookies cutters get some good metal ones. They can also be used to make Ginger bread men and Christmas trees out of rice crispie treats.

Edited by 2.50 a gallon
  • Like 2
  • Author

Gosh! Thx guys, so I should learn to bake :D

@d0nnievain Guess you are right, I tend to rush things, so I'll look for some nice scarf or sweater as you suggested and will try to bake the cookies :p

Hope she likes it! Thanks again, you are awesome.

• Like 1