What are reason's a man would not consider a woman he had 2 kids with an ex?

Cookiesandough

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I spoke to a man once and who has 2 children. They are 7 and 4. I was talking about my ex I asked him, "Do you ever miss your ex as well?" (the baby's mother) He replied, "No, I don't even consider her an ex."

the possibility he didn't consider her ex because he feels like they are still together (unlikely) does anyone have an idea why someone would not consider someone they have 2 kids with spaced far apart an ex?

I would understand if it was 1 child, an accidentally pregnancy from a brief encounter, but 2 children spaced out apart? And you don't even acknowledge that there was a relationship with that person? Or is there some other dynamic I don't understand. Does anyone have any possible explanations for how someone could think this way and have children with someone???

I would have asked but I felt I was already being nosey enoguh

Edited by Cookiesandough

My guess is that there's some bad feelings involved. Labelling her as "not good enough to be considered an ex" is one of his ways of dealing with it. I have a coworker who was married (for some years) and had a child with a man. She only ever refers to him as "the donor".

• Like 3
  • Author
Cookiesandough
My guess is that there's some bad feelings involved. Labelling her as "not good enough to be considered an ex" is one of his ways of dealing with it. I have a coworker who was married (for some years) and had a child with a man. She only ever refers to him as "the donor".

That makes sense. I guess that's better than not caring at all and just going around creating life which was the other thing I was considering but damn that is still really sad for the kids.Thank you.

I can understand the implied meaning of he's just a donor.

His remark of not an ex, and the fact that he had two kids

with her makes no sense.

You should of asked for clarification when he said that to you.

We do not know what he meant for sure. Though that statement

to me should be taken as a warning that he is not BF material.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

He probably just wanted to make it completely clear that there was no other woman involved, just in case you had any interest...

TFY

• Like 1

I would be inclined to see it rather negatively and that there was some bad feeling involved.

However, on the flip side, he could have meant that he saw her as the mother of his children, not his ex. She is not an ex in the same way as your ex - they share something that will tie them together for life. I can't comment on whether there are any feelings there - longing, bitterness, love etc.

• Like 2
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I spoke to a man once and who has 2 children. They are 7 and 4. I was talking about my ex I asked him, "Do you ever miss your ex as well?" (the baby's mother) He replied, "No, I don't even consider her an ex."

the possibility he didn't consider her ex because he feels like they are still together (unlikely) does anyone have an idea why someone would not consider someone they have 2 kids with spaced far apart an ex?

I would understand if it was 1 child, an accidentally pregnancy from a brief encounter, but 2 children spaced out apart? And you don't even acknowledge that there was a relationship with that person? Or is there some other dynamic I don't understand. Does anyone have any possible explanations for how someone could think this way and have children with someone???

I would have asked but I felt I was already being nosey enoguh

I can understand that man.

One of my ex cheated on me. I do not care a single bit about her existence, luckily i have forgotten a lot of things from the relationship (it was 2 years and a half). To me its like a person that i have never met, just one more person living in the world.

Its not hate, its even better, its indifference!

• Like 1