present for gf

My gf will have a Bday next month. It is first year of our relationship, so I wan to make her Bday special. But I ahve doubt,what to present. She gave some hints (as far as I undrstood).

It seems to me she wants a parfume or the curling iron. About first, she usually smells fresh. What kind of parfume can it be?

About second, no ideas. She has long hair, if it helpes:D

And should I present these both presents or only one of them?

Cookiesandough

If you're getting her a curling iron you need to find out what width she wants. If you have to guess, if she has long hair dont do anything less than a 1" curler. If she wears her curls looser, get her something 1 1/2" ...I personally like 1 1/4". I like hot tools wands

As for perfume...I think maybe get her a new scent!!! Get her something you like and also smells fresh if she tends to like those. I would just go to a perfume counter and sniff test. Victoria's secret has a nice range and price isn't too bad! Maybe hit up Sephora too. Depends on your budget

Edited by Cookiesandough

Only get her one of the presents. Perfume is from a BF. Appliances are never good gifts from SOs. Steer clear.

Go to the perfume counter at a big department store & smell some stuff. Pick the one that you like the best that smells most like what she wears. If you can manage to get a few minutes alone in her room, check out her perfumes & replace the bottle that has the least in it.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Only get her one of the presents. Perfume is from a BF. Appliances are never good gifts from SOs. Steer clear.

Go to the perfume counter at a big department store & smell some stuff. Pick the one that you like the best that smells most like what she wears. If you can manage to get a few minutes alone in her room, check out her perfumes & replace the bottle that has the least in it.

Agree.

Don't get the curling iron. Most men would not be able to pick out a curling iron for a woman. There are way too many to choose from and that's something that SHE has to like, not you. Perfume is different....you can choose what you'd like her to smell like. (And it doesn't mean you don't already like the way she smells! ;) )

• Author
Victoria's secret has a nice range and price isn't too bad!

I like this idea. Also, I can buy there some cute lingerie. It seems to me, girls are always to get new lingerie.

Thanks for your reply

• Author
If you can manage to get a few minutes alone in her room, check out her perfumes & replace the bottle that has the least in it.

She lives with parents. So I am by her very seldom. But I'll remember this tip for the future:p

I like this idea. Also, I can buy there some cute lingerie. It seems to me, girls are always to get new lingerie.

Don't do it. It's too early. It's too intimate & it screams you only like her because she is sleeping with you.

She lives with mom & dad. They will ask what you got her. She can't tell them you bought her lingerie. This gift is about more then her. She needs "bragging rights" on this first gift occasion. She & her parents will think you are a thoughtful romantic guy if you get perfume.

• Like 2
  • Author
Don't do it. It's too early. It's too intimate & it screams you only like her because she is sleeping with you.

She lives with mom & dad. They will ask what you got her. She can't tell them you bought her lingerie. This gift is about more then her. She needs "bragging rights" on this first gift occasion. She & her parents will think you are a thoughtful romantic guy if you get perfume.

Thanks you warned me. I don't want she has some problems with parents because of me.

You can get her lingerie and something else but I wouldn't. Save the lingerie for V-day. It's not too far off, if you are thinking long term.

Cookiesandough

There's a lot more victorias secret than just lingerie. There are perfumes, body splashes, lipglosses, eyeshadow palettes, lotions, shimmer...

They even have some really cute bath bombs now you can make her a little gift basket full of stuff

Or go to Pink and get her a sweatshirt or something.

I would also give her a curling iron lol it depends on your budget. Sorry, I tend to go all out when I buy gifts...a little much

Cookiesanddough -- your generous spirit is showing. :) I don't want the OP to go crazy just yet because it's the 1st gift occasion. He still has to do Christmas & Valentine's Day. It can get expensive. Plus you don't want to set the bar too high so that you can't meet it next year when the relationship is more solid.

Tommmm -- Cookiesanddough is correct Victoria's Secret does sell more then lingerie but to some people any gift from there will indicate you were thinking about sex. It's fine that you were, but maybe don't telegraph it. Subtle is better at first.

I agree with previous comments that a perfume is more romantic and suits for bf's present. As I was reading "smells fresh" I remembered at once perfume from Elizabeth Garden "Green Tea". I am sure your loved one will like, how it smells. But if you feel that she needs exactly this hair device, read some best curling irons review , and it can help you.

Good luck, Tom.

• Author
I agree with previous comments that a perfume is more romantic and suits for bf's present. As I was reading "smells fresh" I remembered at once perfume from Elizabeth Garden "Green Tea". I am sure your loved one will like, how it smells. But if you feel that she needs exactly this hair device, read some best curling irons review , and it can help you.

Good luck, Tom.

Thanks, Chris. I'll smell this perfume in the shop. It may be the similar as my GF smells. And this review really explains everything well. But I tend to present perfume:rolleyes:

• Author

Tommmm -- Cookiesanddough is correct Victoria's Secret does sell more then lingerie but to some people any gift from there will indicate you were thinking about sex. .

Here I don't agree with you;) I was wrong abour lingerie. But for me this brand associates with something girlish and cute, maybe because there is lots of pink:laugh:

• Like 1
Here I don't agree with you;) I was wrong abour lingerie. But for me this brand associates with something girlish and cute, maybe because there is lots of pink:laugh:

Remember -- it's not about what you think. Even if you get her lotion when it comes out of that box what do you think her father is going to think about the gift? He's going to think you went into a lingerie store & now you are thinking about having sex with his daughter or at least touching her by rubbing the lotion on her. The dad won't appreciate that.

Happy shopping. I hope your GF enjoys her birthday & appreciates all your efforts.

get her a gift certificate for a day spa where she can have a massage, facial, pedicure, etc...

trust me she'll love it

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

Victoria's Secret perfumes are great! High schoolers get stuff there for each other. My friends get me stuff there and vice versa. It's not all sexual. The fragrances don't even have 'Victoria's secret' on them unless you look very hard at the fine print. Tease and soft & cozy are two of my favorite scents. I think you're doing the right thing tommm !!! Your girl will love it

Edited by Cookiesandough