LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

present for gf

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2017, 4:16 AM   #1

Red face present for gf

My gf will have a Bday next month. It is first year of our relationship, so I wan to make her Bday special. But I ahve doubt,what to present. She gave some hints (as far as I undrstood).
It seems to me she wants a parfume or the curling iron. About first, she usually smells fresh. What kind of parfume can it be?
About second, no ideas. She has long hair, if it helpes
And should I present these both presents or only one of them?
Tommmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 5:41 AM   #2
Established Member

If you're getting her a curling iron you need to find out what width she wants. If you have to guess, if she has long hair dont do anything less than a 1" curler. If she wears her curls looser, get her something 1 1/2" ...I personally like 1 1/4". I like hot tools wands

As for perfume...I think maybe get her a new scent!!! Get her something you like and also smells fresh if she tends to like those. I would just go to a perfume counter and sniff test. Victoria's secret has a nice range and price isn't too bad! Maybe hit up Sephora too. Depends on your budget

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 8th November 2017 at 6:43 AM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 6:56 AM   #3
Established Member

Only get her one of the presents. Perfume is from a BF. Appliances are never good gifts from SOs. Steer clear.

Go to the perfume counter at a big department store & smell some stuff. Pick the one that you like the best that smells most like what she wears. If you can manage to get a few minutes alone in her room, check out her perfumes & replace the bottle that has the least in it.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 7:13 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Only get her one of the presents. Perfume is from a BF. Appliances are never good gifts from SOs. Steer clear.

Go to the perfume counter at a big department store & smell some stuff. Pick the one that you like the best that smells most like what she wears. If you can manage to get a few minutes alone in her room, check out her perfumes & replace the bottle that has the least in it.
Agree.

Don't get the curling iron. Most men would not be able to pick out a curling iron for a woman. There are way too many to choose from and that's something that SHE has to like, not you. Perfume is different....you can choose what you'd like her to smell like. (And it doesn't mean you don't already like the way she smells! )
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 2:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Victoria's secret has a nice range and price isn't too bad!
I like this idea. Also, I can buy there some cute lingerie. It seems to me, girls are always to get new lingerie.

Thanks for your reply
Old 14th November 2017, 2:13 AM   #6

Quote:
If you can manage to get a few minutes alone in her room, check out her perfumes & replace the bottle that has the least in it.
She lives with parents. So I am by her very seldom. But I'll remember this tip for the future
Old 14th November 2017, 2:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Agree.
(And it doesn't mean you don't already like the way she smells! )
Ha ha I hope she won't think like this either
Old 14th November 2017, 7:50 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommmm View Post
I like this idea. Also, I can buy there some cute lingerie. It seems to me, girls are always to get new lingerie.
Don't do it. It's too early. It's too intimate & it screams you only like her because she is sleeping with you.

She lives with mom & dad. They will ask what you got her. She can't tell them you bought her lingerie. This gift is about more then her. She needs "bragging rights" on this first gift occasion. She & her parents will think you are a thoughtful romantic guy if you get perfume.
Old 14th November 2017, 8:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Don't do it. It's too early. It's too intimate & it screams you only like her because she is sleeping with you.

She lives with mom & dad. They will ask what you got her. She can't tell them you bought her lingerie. This gift is about more then her. She needs "bragging rights" on this first gift occasion. She & her parents will think you are a thoughtful romantic guy if you get perfume.
Thanks you warned me. I don't want she has some problems with parents because of me.
Old 14th November 2017, 8:13 AM   #10
Established Member

You can get her lingerie and something else but I wouldn't. Save the lingerie for V-day. It's not too far off, if you are thinking long term.
Old 14th November 2017, 8:18 AM   #11
Established Member

There's a lot more victorias secret than just lingerie. There are perfumes, body splashes, lipglosses, eyeshadow palettes, lotions, shimmer...
They even have some really cute bath bombs now you can make her a little gift basket full of stuff
Or go to Pink and get her a sweatshirt or something.

I would also give her a curling iron lol it depends on your budget. Sorry, I tend to go all out when I buy gifts...a little much
Old 14th November 2017, 8:22 AM   #12
Established Member

Cookiesanddough -- your generous spirit is showing. I don't want the OP to go crazy just yet because it's the 1st gift occasion. He still has to do Christmas & Valentine's Day. It can get expensive. Plus you don't want to set the bar too high so that you can't meet it next year when the relationship is more solid.

Tommmm -- Cookiesanddough is correct Victoria's Secret does sell more then lingerie but to some people any gift from there will indicate you were thinking about sex. It's fine that you were, but maybe don't telegraph it. Subtle is better at first.
Old 14th November 2017, 8:25 AM   #13
Established Member

`````````````````````````````````````
Old 14th November 2017, 8:36 AM   #14

I agree with previous comments that a perfume is more romantic and suits for bf's present. As I was reading "smells fresh" I remembered at once perfume from Elizabeth Garden "Green Tea". I am sure your loved one will like, how it smells. But if you feel that she needs exactly this hair device, read some best curling irons review , and it can help you.
Good luck, Tom.
Chris7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 8:46 AM   #15
Established Member

Then get her a 1 inch curling wand and Dolce and Gabbanna Light blue