How do I tell my girlfriend I would like her to be more muscular?

I really am into muscle girls.

I would love my girlfriend to be a little bigger.

I don't know how to ask her. She is still working on her body but doesn't seem to gain size anymore (I haven't asked her).

So my question is how can I tell her that I would like her to grow a little bigger?

P. S. Don't start with "I don't know why you would like that, she will look like a man blah, blah", is personal preference, besides that she likes having pumped muscles

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
moderation removed links to personal pictures, which isn't allowed
normal person

So my question is how can I tell her that I would like her to grow a little bigger?

Consider that she might not want to considering her body isn't subject to your whims and desires. Given that, I don't really see any other way to do it other than "I'd like you to be bigger" and see how she takes it. If she gets upset and tells you she's not under any real obligation to change her body to make you happy, you can't really fault her. But she might want to change to make you happy, who knows? It's a roll of the dice. You won't know unless you ask.

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

Many people(esp women, but even men as well) will pretty much NEVER get noticeably bigger or more muscular. even if they spent half the day at the gym...

If she isn't genetically blessed, then you are basically asking for the impossible...

You do realize this, no??

That being said, you have to be careful here...You have a girlfriend, not a Frankenstein project...You can share your preferences, (heck, women do it as well), just be realistic and weigh the possibilities..

TFY

• Like 6

Is she just a body to you?

If so I'm afraid you are the epitome of the stereotypical meathead gym guy who spends way too much time checking himself out in the mirror

• Like 1
somanymistakes

Ask her what she wants to target. If she asks your opinion, or it seems relevant to the conversation, you can say "I like muscle on girls" or "I think you'd lot hot with more muscles" or something like that. Then leave it. It's her body, after all.

• Like 3

My husband told me that he likes the look of women who have firm, toned bodies. I told him that I prefer to look like a soft 1950's pin up. And that was that.

Just cause you want doesn't mean you're going to get :D

• Like 3
GunslingerRoland

There are a lot of women that go to my gym and work out multiple times a week. There is a very small amount of them that have significant muscles.

It's really hard for most women to build much in the way of muscles... it takes a combination of genetics, along with a really strict diet and workout regimen.

To be honest if it's that important to you, you are probably better off meeting a girl who already is muscular than trying to turn your girl into that.

• Like 1
A guy who likes muscular women. That's definitely a first. :D

I assume this is sarcasm? I've always been attracted to muscular fit women. That said, my girlfriend atm is neither, and I love her far more than the more muscular women I've dated.

So...there is that. :)

• Like 3

Is getting bigger one of her goals? Do you workout, too?

Maybe offer to workout together and compliment her honestly, where you can - good form, going heavy, increased reps, etc.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that by "muscular" you're referring more to having definition. Although it is true that women cannot develop muscles as big as men because of our lack of testosterone, we can get toned, defined, and yes, muscular (to a degree). To do that, we need to be consistent, and to go heavier on the weights. Many women are afraid of going heavy, for some reason.

I have muscles and I love the way they look, and I get many compliments from strangers on the streets, and I get why you are attracted to them. I also work hard to keep them, and that involves lots of sweat, DOMS, and confidence to enter what I call "the meathead room" - where the free weights are kept at my gym. :)

I'm not attracted to "soft" men. But if she's a cardio queen and doesn't like lifting, you'll need to accept and love her as she is...or move on.

Edited by Chuff
I assume this is sarcasm? I've always been attracted to muscular fit women. That said, my girlfriend atm is neither, and I love her far more than the more muscular women I've dated.

So...there is that. :)

When I say muscular, I'm more talking about the powerlifters. As in the ones that are super buffed out. I find those women incredibly unattractive.

Ask her to join in your workouts. It made you big/muscular so it might work for her.

Typically if you want a chance at muscle development your looking at diet, protein powder... and lots of dead-lifts, squats, benches, push ups and pull ups.

Cross fit works pretty well from what I can tell, but good old fashioned lifting is the key

it's not easy to push myself to go to the gym, not to mentioned by others. currently I can only manage 2-3 times a week while I want to go everyday. always excuses not to go...:(

maybe go to an expensive gym will give you more motivation? my current gym cost 5 dollar biweekly while the expensive cost up to 70 dollar. I guess I probably I will make sure I go everyday because of the money?

I would tread very lightly in your request for her to become muscular. You could be in for a world of surprise if she tells you what she wants you to become.

I think you should either offer to train with her or else drop that idea completely.

• Author

My girlfriend is already pretty muscular, she has a ripped six pack, 13"biceps, 13% bodyfat, goes to the gym 5h a day except weekends but doesn't seem to grow bigger and I don't know how to tell her that I would love her to grow even more

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
When I say muscular, I'm more talking about the powerlifters. As in the ones that are super buffed out. I find those women incredibly unattractive.

Power lifters generally aren't buffed out. They carry a lot of mass to sling the weight around, but I'd hardly call them buff. Strong and muscular yes, buff, not so much. Fitness, Physique and Bodybuilderes are the buff lean ones.

Anyway, back to the OP. Do you really want' her in the gym as much as it may take to get as muscular and you imagine? A lot of the women, and men, who participate in the fitness lifestyle and sport, don't have much life outside of gym and diet. IT takes real dedication to get to, and maintain, a consistent level of muscularity.

Myself, though I appreciate the work involved and the look, I'd rather have a more "rounded" relationship/lifestyle. I get tot he gym 2-3 times a week myself. I'd like to go more, and I could, but, I'd have to sacrifice other things I also enjoy. Balance, Balance.

• Like 1
My girlfriend is already pretty muscular, she has a ripped six pack, 13"biceps, 13% bodyfat, goes to the gym 5h a day except weekends but doesn't seem to grow bigger and I don't know how to tell her that I would love her to grow even more

Ok, we get the need for "physical perfection" but how in reality is she supposed to do that?

Sounds like she is putting in a huge amount of effort already - 5 hours a day!!!

She is at the cusp of what would be considered healthy body fat in women anyway.

Problem here is that if you push her too far, she may just give up the fight all together.

Everyone has their limit.

Yes she may indeed get a lot bigger, but it will not be muscles she will put on then.

• Like 2

5 hours a day at the gym...unless one's profession is competing, I find this...odd. Just saying.

What else do you expect from her? I am loathe to call ANYONE shallow for a mere preference, but you're straining the limits of normal here.

• Like 3
Cookiesandough

She probably needs sterioids or something that will raise her test levels. Women usually need steroids to get that physique due to lack of test. and maybe other muscle building hormones in our bodies....not sure. But those don't come without risk. 5 hours at the gym sounds grueling. She may be training too hard and losing her gains/muscle atrophy??

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 3

Your girlfriend is overtraining to the point where she is basically running up a mountain of sand. Getting bigger is 20% training and 80% diet. Her body fat level is scary low for a woman. At 13% she is at risk of amenorrhea.

To bulk, she needs to be watching her macros and eating every three hours, including waking up in the middle of the night. She needs to get a scale and start weighing bananas and s***. Personally, I feel that’s no way to live, but I get it.

Like others have said, unless she’s juicing, she’s not likely to develop 17” pythons. Honestly, the fact she’s way overdoing it is a red flag for body image issues. If you really care about her, two things: 1. Get educated on how your body builds muscle, and 2. reinforce she is fine the way she is.

• Like 2