So jealous...how some people just have all their sht together

So the young girl in our team who work part-time while attending university just told me she found a perm with all the benefit, almost 60K job, also in downtown and they want her to start asap even though she is going to graduate this Dec.

yes, she is definitely 8-10 range in look. tall, cute and blonde with curly hair.

Yes, she is a good worker and person, but I doubt if she is average she will be this lucky, if she isn't tall, pretty, cute and blonde with curly hair. all smiley now.

yes, I don't care her kind of pay now, but I had so much more education and experience, and when I think back my past employment experience and career, it's enough to make me want to commit suicide.

and of course she has a boyfriend.

one major reason, I don't believe in God. If there is a God, he surely plays favorites. some just blessed with everything while others are not.

Yep looks and race do have a significant impact on the opportunities we are given in life.

Now, how you play the hand that has been delt you, your attitude - those are huge factors as well.

In the end, life isn't fair. The more time you spend bitter and jealous of others... The more you will struggle.

The more you focus on improving yourself, accepting that life isn't fair, and making the most of the assets you do have - well, the better your prospects.

There will always be people that have it better than you, and many more who have it worse.

I don't believe in a God, but I do believe in the power of counting your blessings.

• Like 11
  • Author
Yep looks and race do have a significant impact on the opportunities we are given in life.

Now, how you play the hand that has been delt you, your attitude - those are huge factors as well.

In the end, life isn't fair. The more time you spend bitter and jealous of others... The more you will struggle.

The more you focus on improving yourself, accepting that life isn't fair, and making the most of the assets you do have - well, the better your prospects.

There will always be people that have it better than you, and many more who have it worse.

I don't believe in a God, but I do believe in the power of counting your blessings.

You are absolutely right. Thank you for the reminder.

Life is harder for some people, that's a fact, but we have to make lemonade from lemon.

some people just walking on sunshine all their lives, while others have to learn to sing in the rain.

Edited by Springsummer
  • Like 3

I find that a reality check is always helpful. Now, if you're thinking that some walk on sunshine all their lives, you'd be very wrong. While some people are definitely more privileged than others, nobody has a great life all the time. We ALL have challenges in our lives. Lost jobs, failed relationships, death, sadness and various other struggles.

Life is 5% of what happens and 95% of how we react to it.

• Like 10

While I am a big believer in positive attitude.

I think it's also alright to have a big ol' pitty party now and then.

I certainly wasn't born with this enlightenment. It took time and maturity to get here.

I grew up modestly, my dad and I lived in a trailer, I went to a mediocre public school. We didn't have a lot of money. I was chubby and certainly not the most beautiful.

Meanwhile many of my friends were from the riding stable I worked at. They were RICH. My best friend was a tall, thin beautiful blond with huge tits who lived on a 10 million dollars estate. All these rich kids had every opportunity in the world handed to them it seemed.

I thought life was so not fair. Why did she have everything... While I felt I had nothing.

But I did have so much. A dedicated father who loves the heck out of me. I gained all sorts of life skills because life wasn't handed on a platter.

And I figured out that I am very blessed. I was born in a first world country. I didn't have to struggle for my next meal. I was born in a time when my gender wouldn't dictate my future. I was raised to believe in myself by and taught that I was capable. I wasn't abused.

Compare to the majority of the world - I had it made. Perhaps it seemed like a struggle when I compared myself by to the born elite.

But all and all - I have been blessed in many ways.

• Like 8

So much agree with Recent.

I was born in a poor country in Eastern Europe, in a terrible family - alcoholic father, abuse of all sorts was my 'normal' life while growing up. I wasn't given much - besides the attitude that if I don't help myself, no one else will. In any aspect of life.

Well, 10 years ago I left my country with one suitcase. I earned a PhD, got into a well paying job, bought my home. I live a pretty decent life that I fighted for tooth and nail for these 10 years.

Now, an ex-bf (among other people) told me - I must have been privileged and very lucky to live the life I have. Yeah, sure........ I guess my point is you don't know the history when you see someone doing well (or not so well) in life.

• Like 6

Like I always tell people in these threads stop comparing your life to others. Don't treat like as if you are running race against them.

• Like 5

I certainly wasn't born with this enlightenment. It took time and maturity to get here.

I grew up modestly, my dad and I lived in a trailer, I went to a mediocre public school. We didn't have a lot of money. I was chubby and certainly not the most beautiful.

Meanwhile many of my friends were from the riding stable I worked at. They were RICH. My best friend was a tall, thin beautiful blond with huge tits who lived on a 10 million dollars estate. All these rich kids had every opportunity in the world handed to them it seemed.

I thought life was so not fair. Why did she have everything... While I felt I had nothing.

But I did have so much. A dedicated father who loves the heck out of me. I gained all sorts of life skills because life wasn't handed on a platter.

And I figured out that I am very blessed. I was born in a first world country. I didn't have to struggle for my next meal. I was born in a time when my gender wouldn't dictate my future. I was raised to believe in myself by and taught that I was capable. I wasn't abused.

Compare to the majority of the world - I had it made. Perhaps it seemed like a struggle when I compared myself by to the born elite.

I think parents that are wealthy and have to put a lot of effort into keeping it that way-on the outside everything looks good. Usually the children are neglected with no guidance or company by parents, because they are always busy or parents are to preoccupied living the lifestyle. 10 to 20 years later since there was no guidance, children turn out to embarrass the parents. Looking back- those parents are like what happened and start blaming each other.

• Like 1

You are just blaming everyone but yourself. What entitles you to get the girl you want who is obviously not in your league? I wanted Pamela Anderson but she was out of my league so I got a wife who was obtainable. I make three times what that girl makes and I never got a college degrees. I bought the first of 9 houses when I was 21 and spent a total of 10 months in a non management position. I worked three jobs when my wife became disabled for a year and studied when my friends were out partying in college. They all ended up working for me.

My parents never spent a day in school and we lived in government assisted housing where you were either the one doing the beating or the one being beat up. I was carrying a switchblade knife when I was 8 years old and committing crimes. I made me what I am today. No one helped me. I did it on my own by hard work and determination.

When I was fighting in Vietnam my ex fiancé cheated on me and we broke up. Turns out that she is a lesbian now. The girlfriend after her cheated on me with my good friend. Then I met my wife and three weeks later we were engaged. She was 19, a virgin and never had a boyfriend before. Not the hot girl at school but cute nonetheless. Cute enough that heads turned to look at her at nude beaches when I got through with her. She was poor also and had to make her own clothes which made her not fit in right there. Her dad was an abusive alcoholic who scared away all the boys. We got married quickly because I wanted to get her out of that toxic environment.

I say all of this because despite our pasts and shortcomings, we are happily married 45 years today. Pamela Anderson still will not have sex with me but my wife will do anything I ask. My wife had a career in real estate. We both made the best of ourselves and not once did we ever feel sorry for ourselves. We just did what we had to do to better our lives.

We often do not get what we want. We get what we are dealt and make the best hand out of it. BTW, I am an Atheist too and that helped me because I knew that if I wanted something I had to get it myself. I was in complete control of my life. I do not need a reason for living. Life itself is a once in eternity gift and I have spent that life sucking as much juice from it as I can. The only thing making you unhappy is yourself. Try being happy with what you have and not what you want. Good luck.

• Like 1
So the young girl in our team who work part-time while attending university just told me she found a perm with all the benefit, almost 60K job, also in downtown and they want her to start asap even though she is going to graduate this Dec.

yes, she is definitely 8-10 range in look. tall, cute and blonde with curly hair.

Yes, she is a good worker and person, but I doubt if she is average she will be this lucky, if she isn't tall, pretty, cute and blonde with curly hair. all smiley now.

yes, I don't care her kind of pay now, but I had so much more education and experience, and when I think back my past employment experience and career, it's enough to make me want to commit suicide.

and of course she has a boyfriend.

one major reason, I don't believe in God. If there is a God, he surely plays favorites. some just blessed with everything while others are not.

Well, you got to look at it from God's perspective... I build robots. Some are better than others. Better functioning than others, better looking than others. As a robot builder, I am always trying to make that perfect combination of performance qualities, along with a fashion statement. A good robot that looks cool.... so some of the robots I build get put on the shelf and gather dust. While the newest super droid gets the workout. I can imagine God being like this with humans... of course the corollary to this is the fact that the good looking better performing robots get used up quicker. They break sooner and fall apart and need repairs more often. The simple, plain robot that is just mostly sitting on the shelf can still be working years after the super-droid gets trashcanned.... in human terms, superstars live fast and burn out quick while plain and simple usually gets to reproduce longer and better because of this fact. I guess it aint easy being God :cool:

• Like 2

If God existed to control everyone, everything, hand out favors to people who behave they way HE likes/wants....not a world I want to live in. Then we are just performing circus animals with collars - dancing for a peanut.

Believe in yourself and know whatever you want... its possible.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 2
thefooloftheyear

She's an above average(in your eyes anyway) woman with a mediocre job and a boyfriend...

Yep....she's got the world by the balls.....:rolleyes::laugh:

TFY

• Like 2
She's an above average(in your eyes anyway) woman with a mediocre job and a boyfriend...

TFY

In my part of the world, a 60k job is not mediocre. I wish I made 60k.

• Like 1

This. In fact, I believe this is MORE impoprtant than looks.

I am not beautiful - not by a stretch. I am also somewhat overweight and half a century old. I landed a great job this past spring, and I KNOW it was all in my attitude and the way I presented myself. I am a team player, I am energetic, and I am positive.

I would be willing to bet the bitterness in your post is evident to those around you, including potential employers.

I'd agree that many people are discriminated compared to others. It's ''easier'' to be born from a wealthy family in an ''all white'' neighborhood in America than to be living in the hood with many siblings and a long gone father.

Thing is, I have much respect for the boy or girl who manage to get out of a 'crappy' situation since he was born, maybe by somehow going to the army or find low wave jobs and slowly but surely become someone.

In this sense, maybe some have indeed privileges, but then you have your own choices and decisions in your life. Don't do drugs, don't abuse alcohol, be smart, invest the little money you have and generally shut your mouth if your boss is in a way or another upset with you. Learning to handle ciritize is growing up.

Sorry OP that you are considering suicide, which is a state of mind you probably aren't in right now. To state the obvious, suicide is a permanent 'solution' to a temporary problem.

I'm hardly religious but I will disagree that life just is about ''luck''. Luck can be a small part of it, but it's before all about life decision, hard work, and intelligence.

• Like 4

Although the luck of birth does play some part, the most important equalizer is hard work.

Breaks may make certain doors open more easily in the beginning but the majority of truly successful people -- think Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Oprah Winfrey, etc. -- are self made.

• Like 1

I was going to post this in the song in your heart thread and I know you'll probably wanna kick me for this, but.........

Upon a hill across a blue lake,

That's where I had my first heartbreak.

I still remember how it all changed.

My father said,

"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.

See heaven's got a plan for you.

Don't you worry, don't you worry now."

Yeah!

:cool:

• Like 2
  • Author
Although the luck of birth does play some part, the most important equalizer is hard work.

Breaks may make certain doors open more easily in the beginning but the majority of truly successful people -- think Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Oprah Winfrey, etc. -- are self made.

oh, please....don't use Bill Gates as an example. Oprah, yes.

Bill Gates had a very privileged upbringing. he got his hands on computer, while most people never even heard of the name.

yes, he is hardworking, brilliant and has every great attributes. but he wouldn't be he is today without the opportunities.

• Author

I'm hardly religious but I will disagree that life just is about ''luck''. Luck can be a small part of it, but it's before all about life decision, hard work, and intelligence.

No one said it's just about luck. I never said the girl was about luck and look.

when you live in a good environment and have good influences, you tend to know how to do the right things as well.

• Author
Well, you got to look at it from God's perspective... I build robots. Some are better than others. Better functioning than others, better looking than others. As a robot builder, I am always trying to make that perfect combination of performance qualities, along with a fashion statement. A good robot that looks cool.... so some of the robots I build get put on the shelf and gather dust. While the newest super droid gets the workout. I can imagine God being like this with humans... of course the corollary to this is the fact that the good looking better performing robots get used up quicker. They break sooner and fall apart and need repairs more often. The simple, plain robot that is just mostly sitting on the shelf can still be working years after the super-droid gets trashcanned.... in human terms, superstars live fast and burn out quick while plain and simple usually gets to reproduce longer and better because of this fact. I guess it aint easy being God :cool:

Very interesting theory and perspective.

It's true. the other days, I just learnt about a Hongkong musician who some praised as the only real musician in HK. and I listened to the song "don't cry for me Argentina"and googled who the heck exactly is Evita. all these two died when they were just over 30. They influenced their countries so profoundly and they are still inspired and admired decades later.

very interesting analogy and perspective:)

TFY

First, I'm also puzzled as to why you think getting an almost 60k job is such a huge deal. Second, having good looks may not be such a blessing, as it seems that no matter how hard she has worked, people with your mindset would think she got the job because of her looks. Of course, I hope she has a high EQ and would just ignore jealous amd bitter judgment like yours.

• Author
First, I'm also puzzled as to why you think getting an almost 60k job is such a huge deal. Second, having good looks may not be such a blessing, as it seems that no matter how hard she has worked, people with your mindset would think she got the job because of her looks. Of course, I hope she has a high EQ and would just ignore jealous amd bitter judgment like yours.

No one said 60k per se is a huge deal. what's a huge deal is she hasn't even graduated yet.

secondly, I don't hate people who have done nothing to me.

thirdly, I never said she got it on her look alone. but that definitely gave her huge edge. just days ago, a female coworker said how another more senior male coworker fave her because she is cute. I am the kind of person who don't like to think about other people the bad ways, so I never really think about their relationship that way.

• Author

yes. I am generally not a jealous and bitter kind of person, I think. I have no animosity or hate towards people who have done me no harm.

It's just sometimes, others are like a mirror reflecting badly on myself. I am not a hateful person. but it does make me feel depressed and sad about myself.

• Author

I think I am a very gentle person. I have never hurt anybody in my life, I think. Maybe except my parents.

so I am not even entitled to feel some jealousy?:( You have no idea what I have been through.

(This is in response to JuneL's post)

Edited by Springsummer