Boundaries for strippers/clients regarding fidelity

questionables

If someone's wife is a stripper and there's a particular patron who comes in to see her maybe once or twice a month. They do VIP sessions, but beyond the standard lapdance/talking there's also a good deal of making out. Is this considered cheating? Or is it a free pass due to the occupation?

Anything someone wouldn't do in front of me, is cheating to me.

With that said, I am not a stripper, nor am I married to one. I would have to assume if I were a stripper, and someone married me knowing what my occupation was, they would have to be fairly open to begin with. Boundaries need to be discussed here I think.

• Like 3

Strippers don't make out with clients. That's breaking the "no touching" rule.

If she's making out with clients then she's not just a stripper, she is something else.

• Like 7

If she's making out with clients then she's not just a stripper, she is something else.

No. Sorry. That would just be a typical stripper.

• Like 1

Strippers here generally do extra's for cash. The reality is that the vast majority do perform sex acts at or near the club where they work. Usually, in the private VIP rooms.

No. Sorry. That would just be a typical stripper.

Pretty much. They just put "exotic dancer" on their tax returns because "prostitute" is only a legal profession in Nevada.

• Like 2

If her spouse considers it inappropriate, it is inappropriate.

Most strip clubs have a pretty strict no contact rule for the dancers safety. Usually any inappropriate touching, or making out with a client, is more of an off the clock thing. Unless, of course, the woman in question works in a very lax club that leaves touching to her discretion.

(I researched sex workers for a term paper, and have had a lot of friends who were strippers, and still do.)

• Like 3
They just put "exotic dancer" on their tax returns because "prostitute" is only a legal profession in Nevada.

Well, I wouldn't date them then, I don't date people who fiddle their taxes!

• Like 1

Most strip clubs have a pretty strict no contact rule for the dancers safety. Usually any inappropriate touching, or making out with a client, is more of an off the clock thing. Unless, of course, the woman in question works in a very lax club that leaves touching to her discretion.

(I researched sex workers for a term paper, and have had a lot of friends who were strippers, and still do.)

Also knew/know a few sex workers. The no contact rule is actually law here and not just for the safety of the dancers. More of a morals thing, really. The two not so sacred rules according to the state are full nude is only allowed in clubs that don't sell liquor and no physical contact between customer and dancer. Enforcement is fairly non-existent due to lack of resources. Owners and managers generally don't fear police involvement and will look the other way as long as the dancer is being reasonably discreet. The dancer makes her money, the customer gets serviced, and the club gets a cut plus whatever the customer spent on valet, coat check, drinks, etc. Everyone happy.

Well, I wouldn't date them then, I don't date people who fiddle their taxes!

Well, see, the government doesn't recognize prostitute as a legit profession despite it being the oldest profession in the world. So, clearly, they don't want the money and it's totally ok to keep it!

• Like 5
So is it cheating or not? Thread took a turn into stripper vs prostitute.

There is no rule book. What is cheating is subjective. Different people regard different things as cheating.

If you see it as cheating, then it is cheating. If you don't, then it isn't.

• Like 3
GunslingerRoland

Because she is acting as a prostitute when she makes out with clients. So if the question is, is a prostitute cheating on their SO? Not if the SO knows about it and is okay with it.

• Like 3

I think if someone is married to a sex worker they probably have some sort of agreement.

Most husband's wouldn't be okay with their wife getting naked and dancing on a pole for strangers.

• Like 2
somanymistakes

If you've agreed to it, then it's obviously not cheating because those are the rules you set.

If you haven't agreed to it, then it's obviously cheating.

If you've agreed to dances only, no touching, and touching happens, then it's obviously cheating. There's no "free pass" because of the occupation, it depends what you agreed to!

• Like 3

The making out crosses the line and to me makes it cheating, but not everyone thinks the same when it comes to kissing. Just going to a strip club and throwing some money around and maybe having a lap dance is pretty basic and lots of married people do it. Some even take their significant other. If a married guy is going frequently and seeing the same woman every time and doing more than the basic, then that's a problem. If the woman has no idea the man is even going there, that's a problem.

Edited by dumbass2
Cookiesandough

I would assume that if someone is in a relationship with a stripper and Sexual fidelity is very important to them, they would have to draw up these boundaries themselves. It depends on the individual

• Like 1
The making out crosses the line and to me makes it cheating, but not everyone thinks the same when it comes to kissing. Just going to a strip club and throwing some money around and maybe having a lap dance is pretty basic and lots of married people do it. Some even take their significant other. If a married guy is going frequently and seeing the same woman every time and doing more than the basic, then that's a problem.

This is NOT about whether the guy is cheating or not, it is about whether the stripper wife is cheating by making out with a regular "VIP" client

It depends on the boundaries set by the couple. I, for one, would absolutely consider making out with a stripper to be cheating.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

I also want to add that a lot of people who have partners in the sex industry have an open mind about this stuff because they rationalize it as 'my partner is doing this because it's their job, not because they're attracted, so it's not cheating'. In what situation, other than working as a stripper or like, would it not be considered cheating to prance around naked for men and grind in their laps shaking your boobs in their face if you had a partner? Same thing goes for actors/actresses. Many roles require kissing and sex scenes. Their partner's often don't consider it cheating because it's part of the job.

• Like 4

And those who do para sex work don't see themselves as full on prostitutes if they only go above for selected clients rather than all comers. The tripping point us many claim that they might have been with the chosen one anyway if it wasn't for the job. Bringing us back to cheating and away from just working