Does It Ever Get Easier? No Contact 5 months

I am now almost six months NC from my FWB relationship. Some days I am so strong and other days I think too much about the day everything fell apart. It was my fault for falling for a guy who treated me like crap. I am a domestic abuse survivor from an ex fiancé . I do have some self esteem issues from him calling me ugly and stupid that I fell for this guy. I would take any amount of attention from him. When I would try to get away he would turn on the charm and say you know I really loved you and you are a good catch and then turn around and say I'm tired of this friendship I have with you. He told me delete his number. I did. I have not tried to contact him and I don't want to either. I try to see good in everyone and I guess I was hoping that he would change his mind about me and would actually be proud of me. I know I deserve a good man and I don't want to settle. I want to make room in my heart for a decent man. I just wish this ghost of a loser would go away. Sorry to vent. I just have a heavy heart.

Cookiesandough

Hi. Sorry you are hurting. You did the right thing by cutting him off. Yes, NC does get easier if you implement it correctly (NO contact, no snapping, fb stalking, looks at pics). It can take quite a bit of time depending on how long and intense the rship was but it DOES get easier. Good luck and stay strong !

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you! It was 14 months long. Thank you for your encouraging words. I deleted pics that he sent to me and he wasn't into social media so I lucked out there.

• Like 1

It took me a good year and a half to start finally getting over my ex and we were together for only like 9 months (even though I knew her for 5 years). Yes it does get better but the important thing is that you gotta actually make an effort to get better. Time itself doesn't do the healing. It's all about changing your perception of the situation and accepting that it's over.

• Like 2