Intentionally Avoiding Relationships

I am a 37 year old man who has been single the last 6 years. I haven't had sexual intercourse in 15 years. I have learned alot about myself the last 6 years to where I feel good going another 6 years being single.

Besides that I'm sure I could get a girlfriend again even if I wanted to. I suppose the biggest reason I am avoiding relationships intentionally is that I have this settled belief that all women are out to ruin my life financially and maybe even legally so.

I'm not stupid. I have been skeptical of any woman who appears to display a sexual interest in me. I think any woman who shows a sexual interest in me is under satanic influence. She's being used by the devil to set up a sex trap for me to ruin my life. I don't want to take any risks of facing a false rape charge so I limit my contact with women as much as possible especially those who have given me that bedroom eyes look. I'm not as dumb as people predict I am. Avoiding relationships has been the smartest thing I've ever done in my life. I don't believe any woman would find me attractive apart from satanic influence behind it. My freedom is more important than jumping at the chance to have sex.

Anyone else out there avoiding relationships intentionally? What are your reasons? Of course I would never reveal my reasons to any human soul outside of loveshack.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I am avoiding relationships because at this point in my life I don't want to sacrifice time with my kids or my own down time to make the necessary investment in building and maintaining a relationship.

Satan doesn't factor in.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Anyway I suppose that when it comes to the decision to avoid relationships there's no such thing as a wrong reason for doing so. I think most people would agree that there's nothing wrong with staying single no matter what the motivation is behind that decision.

It doesn't really matter if having a dream about a false rape charge has motivated me to avoid relationships and stay away from women. Whether I believe that dream was a warning sign from The Lord or not. I'm not hurting anybody either way.

I'm grateful that I don't have to worry about the things that my divorced friends worry about.

Cookiesandough

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to be in a relationship, but I think if you really want one and you have a deep-seated fear preventing you from it, then it's worth talking to a professional about. Most of our fears are irrational and with proper help we often can override the programming.

I have fears about it too, but that's not the only thing. For me there is just not enough benefit to warrant the work/investment it takes. I don't think I'd ultimately be as happy as I am now if I were in a relationship. Even a really good one.

Edited by Cookiesandough
I think any woman who shows a sexual interest in me is under satanic influence.

Maybe they're succubii. Did you check for wings?

• Like 2

I normally don't avoid relationships on purpose, but sometimes they slip in the priority list. My last relationship ended two years ago, and I haven't really actively dated in the last few months. This is partially because I took on a new challenge at work, and am doing something that is completely new to me. At the same time, I got back into wrenching on cars, which is something that I didn't have time for in a while.

At work I share breakroom facilities with a call center, where the staff is almost entirely female. There are at least two women who seem rather interested, but with everything else going on in my life, I'm not really all that motivated. I'm not too concerned though, I've had these phases before.

I guess it really comes down to why one isn't looking for relationship. Like with most things in life, some reasons are better than others.