Would you date someone who has very recently gone through a break up?

I took one woman who left her husband a week ago for a legal separation. She went wild doing all the things she didn't do with her husband. We never left the hotel to go gambling or see a show. We knocked of the clock radio on the night table and once ended up falling off the bed. We saw each other for a few weeks until I got transferred to a different State. It was fun.

The question really has no yes or no answer as written, because like above, it depends on how the breakup went. It could be yea I am away from the creep and can have sex with other guys now or be emotionally crushed because she loved the guy for 3 years and he broke it up saying that he lied about loving her and has a new girlfriend. So it really depends on the circumstances.

My historical answer was 'no' but in practice that answer deprived me of many valid and productive opportunities. Why? Women in my demographic were consistently selecting and promoting replacements with little to no discernible down-time between relationships. I tracked enough iterations to identify the trend. However, that was during prime reproduction years of the 20's and 30's, and has slowed down a bit in my 50's. I do now know a few women who haven't immediately or prior replaced their husbands. They get divorced and generally stay single. Some aren't interested in dating or boyfriends, some are. That's a change. However, those are contemporaries, not in the reproductive years. The younger women, IME, they still aren't taking any time between partners.

When my exW replaced me with the guy she's living with now, I'd been out of the house for about two months and we'd just filed for divorce. They were living together for about a year before we were officially divorced. That's pretty typical IME.

So, if you find your fellow singles to take some alone/casual dating time between relationships or marriages, no rush. If you're always missing out because you don't strike when they're not obviously coupled, then think twice. In either event, dating and socializing with someone isn't marrying them. It's just dating. If things don't work out, no biggie, next.

Date yes, get serious no.

I dated a girl who was 4 months out of an engagement and she was so traumatized by it the relationship was doomed from the start. Even though she had no desire to go back to him everything I did was a constant comparison.

I beat him in almost every category according to her but I did not appreciate the comparison at all.

After dating her I realized I was only hearing one side of the story and I don't know how the guy put up with her for so long. I'm still thankful it's over as I began to hate who she was as a person.

A week isn't enough time to process a breakup from a serious relationship but sex with them is A-ok with me.

• Like 1

Current GF had just broken up with her live in BF of over 5 years, when I asked her out.

She is still asleep in the bedroom but will be getting up in an hour to go to work.

Time together 22 years.

• Like 2
Current GF had just broken up with her live in BF of over 5 years, when I asked her out.

She is still asleep in the bedroom but will be getting up in an hour to go to work.

Time together 22 years.

Rebound! :D

And by "very recently" I mean, like, less than a week?

Of course not. They are probably still thinking about their ex, which is a huge turn off.

Actually I don't even date women who had toxic relationships in the past, no matter how long ago it was. Had to learn it the hard way.