LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

This article totally nailed it: Why are good men so hard to find?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2017, 8:06 AM   #16
Established Member

Notice in the past when unmarried people
lived together it was called shacking up
and said with a smirk and held in disdain.

Now it is called politically correct niceness
they moved in together.

Well they are still shacking up.

Combine that with moving in together
or shacking up is still just plain old
dating without a commitment.

It's just dating 24/7/365. And just because
a man is willing to date you was never a
a guarantee that it was going to lead to
marriage.

Yep nothing like cold free milk kept in
your fridge. Just for the taking 24/7/365.
Don't have to go to the store to get it.
Bottle is home delivered for free. Damn,
the man doesn't even have to get up from
the sofa. Just honey would you get me that
bottle of milk from the fridge, I'm thirsty.

Best part the man does not even have to
rinse out the bottle and bring the empties
back to the store.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 8:16 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Because women have drank from the Kool-Aid
of Feminism without any critical thinking to
filter out the good from the bad..
This! I agree with the article 100%
Springsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 8:20 AM   #18
Established Member

I get the general gist of the article, but didn't the whole sex in exchange for commitment stuff end as soon as the Pill showed up.
Women decades ago jettisoned the idea that "In order to have sex we need to be married or at least engaged...".

So if this "cheap sex" is supposedly only happening now in 2017 then the whole "Free love" thing in the 1960s was obviously a myth?
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 8:23 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
If this article was true, how does it explain all the men on dating sites looking for a long term partner?

Seems to me like the author would rather blame other women for her woes than take personal responsibility for being too choosy.

A load of rubbish if you ask me.
I don't think you even read the article careful.

first, she said this generation, not her generation. so it's not even about her.

she doesn't say all men. she says it's harder. Certainly for desirable men, and men who have options.

there are certainly lots of man out there who are not so desirable and therefore no easy access to sex.

This article gives you the trend and generalization, but you argue with exceptions.
Springsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 8:37 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
[...]

So if this "cheap sex" is supposedly only happening now in 2017 then the whole "Free love" thing in the 1960s was obviously a myth?
Maybe I'm wrong here, but in my experience women want sex, period. As soon as they trust a guy and are comfortable around him they want sex just as much. But women don't like random sex, as they are selective about their partners, if I may generalize for a moment.

So I agree with you, the "sex cartel" is a myth.
Old 24th September 2017, 8:42 AM   #21
Established Member

Times have changed that is for sure !
Suppose in our parents day for example , first thing on the agenda in your 20s l'd guess was probably to find yourself a wifey or hubby.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 8:49 AM   #22
Established Member

l swore l'd never get married again after my divorce but l could've married 2 or 3 girls if l was inclined.
It wasn't until gf came a long though that l actually wanted to get married again. Sadly that hasn't worked out so it never happened but it did really make me think because if it could've , l would've .
So in the future from here now , who knows l guess, l've realized l can't rule anything out after that.
Although l very much doubt l'd be lucky enough to meet somebody else l felt that way about again now butttt, never say never l guess.
But l would have to feel that way.
Old 24th September 2017, 8:49 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Times have changed that is for sure !
Suppose in our parents day for example , first thing on the agenda in your 20s l'd guess was probably to find yourself a wifey or hubby.
Times have changed for sure. I was fathered during the "summer of love", and I am quite certain that I will never have as many sex partners as either one of my parents.
CptInsano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 8:53 AM   #24
Established Member

And it would have to be overwhelmingly feel that way.
Old 24th September 2017, 8:59 AM   #25
Established Member

Although as ya get older do you ever sometimes think sh@t, l better marry someone or l'll end growing old alone. ?
Old 24th September 2017, 10:27 AM   #26
Established Member

The issue is that in this society a lot of men and women just don't know how to relate to each other. They don't know how to communicate or have any kind of real conversation. How can you have successful relationships in an environment where it is very much us against them when it comes to gender relations? You can't unless you have two strong people who can go against what society teaches you.

We also tell both genders that there are only two options and neither one is healthy. We tell men to either live life as if they are apologizing for being born with a penis and flagellate themselves over their male privilege or become alpha male parodies who use women and throw them away.

We tell women to be submissive housewives with no spine and or mind of their own or develop this I don't need a man mentality and treat relationships as some battle against the patriarchy.

That you actually still see some happy couples in this environment is a miracle.
Old 24th September 2017, 10:34 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptInsano View Post
Maybe I'm wrong here, but in my experience women want sex, period. As soon as they trust a guy and are comfortable around him they want sex just as much. But women don't like random sex, as they are selective about their partners, if I may generalize for a moment.

So I agree with you, the "sex cartel" is a myth.
A lot of women are having random sex with bad boys, MM, exes who don't want them, as well as guys who do. Women are not waiting to have sex one bit. They certainly aren't waiting for a commitment. They may want a commitment but aren't waiting for it before sex.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 11:09 AM   #28
Established Member

But as someone l think earlier said too , something like women are their own worst enemies and they are too. They've created 1/2 the bs themselves and if they don't their best friend does it for them. poking and prodding it's worse than ever with internet and 50million articals all over the place. 3/4 of those are just written by no bodies bored at home , anyone can do one.

Last edited by Chilli; 24th September 2017 at 11:13 AM..
Old 24th September 2017, 12:24 PM   #29
Established Member

When an article includes a reference to gender studies, it's hard not to roll my eyes.

Relationships are tougher because we are more selfish and self-obsessed than we've ever been. Men AND women.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 25th September 2017 at 6:58 AM.. Reason: rude ~T
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 1:13 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorico View Post
I don’t know who they surveyed for that (tiredly stereotyped) article, but my experience was the opposite. In my 30s the last thing I wanted was a LTR / M. I was a single mother with a demanding job, hectic social life, and loads of commitments. What I wanted from a guy was - sex.

But the guys I was prepared to consider didn’t just want sex. They loved the idea of an instant family (beyond the nappy stage - yay!) and wanted to move in together and get M or at least work up to that. They were mostly either single guys who’d played the field and now wanted to settle down, or they were guys who’d married young (like me) and gotten D (like me) but wanted to pick up where they left off - playing happy families.

We’d have The Talk, about expectations, what we wanted, etc, and they’d swear blind they just wanted something transient, a roll in the hay.... but a couple of weeks down the line there would be flowers at work. Soppy cards. Dropping by unannounced “to make supper, so you can rest up”, trying to insinuate themselves into my kids’ lives.... I’d be forced to dump them, however good the sex.

And I’m not an outlier, either. Several of my friends had similar experiences.
There are a lot of gals exactly like this. They got all the sex they wanted, until they couldn't compete with the younger gals taking their place. Their kids were all grown and are living all over the world, doing exactly what mom has taught them to do. They can't be bothered to take in or care for mom. They get warehoused in nursing homes...
Poutrew is offline   Reply With Quote