wow, shocked! the possibility prediction is true...

"The rising age of marriage since the 1980s has worried many. In 1986, Newsweek darkly warned that a woman unmarried at age 35 had only a 5% chance of ever finding "Prince Charming," while a single woman aged 40 was more likely to be killed by a terrorist than to find a husband."

How unmarried Americans are changing everything (Opinion) - CNN

yes, now it dawned on me I am more likely to be killed by a terrorist...

that explains everything....all because of age...

• Like 1
  • Author

Oh, God, I have a better chance being killed by a terrorist?

should have known that when I was in my 20's...too stupid to miss all my chances! Nobody told me that.

Lest we give men all the power here, let's credit some women over a certain age with the possibility that some of them decided they didn't want to get married. We already know there's an upward trend on women with higher education to not have kids, so it fits.

• Like 4

OP I get that you're a bit jaded and disillusioned with having a relationship and perhaps marriage but I do think you need a bit of a reality check here.

First of all, that was a quote from a 31 year old opinion piece, so hardly solid evidence or indeed relevant in this day and age.

Quoted further down in the linked article it clearly states that:

Things have changed -- slowly but radically -- for unmarried and single people. New research shows that most never-married individuals, whatever their age, lead happy, healthy and helpful lives. On average, unmarried individuals have a wider network of friends than married couples and visit more frequently with neighbors. They also provide more practical help to parents, other relatives and coworkers than do their married counterparts.

And:

It is no longer true that marriage delayed is marriage foregone. Marriage has not become obsolete. It just takes up less space in our lives and in society as a whole than it used to.

Furthermore, according to this source CAUSES OF DEATH: How much terrorism threatens American lives - Business Insider your chances of being killed by a terrorist in 1 in 45,808.

You have much, much better odds finding a life partner than being killed by a terrorist.

• Like 6
yes and that's why we need more immigrants

Lest we give all the power to men, let's give credit to the number of immigrant women who come here, some specifically so they don't feel they HAVE to follow convention and continue giving birth and spend their whole life taking care of kids. Living in Texas, I've met a number of them. They want to work and have their own money and more control over their existence.

• Like 2

Nonsense, pay no attention to that report. CNN is trying to shock not inform.

It is an entertainment station (with news)

Single women 35 and 40 are still desirable very much even with kids. It is a good age range to be in

Now over 50 is another issue and over 60 almost impossible.

• Like 1
  • Author
OP I get that you're a bit jaded and disillusioned with having a relationship and perhaps marriage but I do think you need a bit of a reality check here.

I guess. but the possibility is what it seems like to me.:(

God lord, OLD is not working for me. (largely age issue. when they look at my pics, they may think they are PS or from decades ago) and I don't meet people in real life.

but what a waste:rolleyes:

• Author

Single women 35 and 40 are still desirable very much even with kids. It is a good age range to be in

time fly. pretty soon, life is over and I don't know how to do a damn thing about it.

yes, there are men, but they are not what I want. I can't settle. I just can't.

Who said they weren't desirable? They just don't want to be tied down to a husband and kids.

I guess. but the possibility is what it seems like to me.:(

God lord, OLD is not working for me. (largely age issue. when they look at my pics, they may think they are PS or from decades ago) and I don't meet people in real life.

but what a waste:rolleyes:

But why would they think that are you too good for your age ?

But the weirdest thing is , and l saw heaps of it in person and all over date sites , they seem to act as if the worlds their oyster and will throw away something rare as hens teeth in a heartbeat over some trivial thing or else simply not even realize how lucky it is to even find that, as if they just gonna strut out the door and take their pick at 45-50.

Since l've been single l've found that really common in most of the women.

Edited by Chilli