Lust vs Love

What do you all think is the major difference between Lust vs Love? I see so many people talk about how they love so and so. No matter what that status is.

I think Lust is more prevalent and its a substitute for the word love.

Lust to me =. I want to be physical with you and thats the context of what I think of when I think of a woman in my case being a man.

Love to me +. I care about your well being and want the best for you always.

To have a LTR for me at this stage of being 46. Its a mix of the two. I love my female friend A. I don't have lust for her, even though she is a beautiful woman.

My other friend D who is 66. I feel the same way, but I always have this 10% lust thing for her. If she wanted to sleep with me and she was single. I don't know if I could resist. I told her that a long time ago. She seemed happy about that. Saying that she knows that already. Whatever.

Anyways Is Lust what we are all talking about more than Love. I feel thats what its all about. Love for me right now, would be a woman going out of her way to show me that she cares about me, beyond the physical.

• Like 2
AmberValentines

Very well said.

Lust and love are two different things.

Lust is more emotional, whereas love is followed with a lot of commitment and work.

Lust comes and goes, whilst love stays as long as it is maintained well :)

• Like 1

Here's an easy way to tell the difference...

( for the sake of this exercise, I will assume you are a guy, sorry if you are not)

It's morning, and you wake up next to the person you spent the night with.

She is lying there, maybe after snoring a bit in the night, their hair is messy, they have morning breath and they, well, let's just say they are not at their best.

Love is when you look at them and see all the little things that are great about them, smile and cuddle up with them. You look at her and maybe see yourself with her in the future. If you wanted a fmaily, maybe you picture you and her with your little ones, then your grandchildren, growing old together. You think of all the amazing adventures you are going to have in your lives together and you ask yourself what you did to be so damned lucky that you have her in your life.

Lust in when you are tripping over your pant legs as you try to pull them up so you can run out the door before she wakes up.

What do you all think is the major difference between Lust vs Love? I see so many people talk about how they love so and so. No matter what that status is.

I think Lust is more prevalent and its a substitute for the word love.

Lust to me =. I want to be physical with you and thats the context of what I think of when I think of a woman in my case being a man.

Love to me +. I care about your well being and want the best for you always.

To have a LTR for me at this stage of being 46. Its a mix of the two. I love my female friend A. I don't have lust for her, even though she is a beautiful woman.

My other friend D who is 66. I feel the same way, but I always have this 10% lust thing for her. If she wanted to sleep with me and she was single. I don't know if I could resist. I told her that a long time ago. She seemed happy about that. Saying that she knows that already. Whatever.

Anyways Is Lust what we are all talking about more than Love. I feel thats what its all about. Love for me right now, would be a woman going out of her way to show me that she cares about me, beyond the physical.

Lust comes from the loins, love comes from the heart, mind and soul . . .

• Author

( for the sake of this exercise, I will assume you are a guy, sorry if you are not)

I am a Canadian Black fit 46 yr old single man. No kids or marriage as of yet.

Date when I can.

There is a need for a certain emotional maturity to understand the difference between love and lust.

I am 50 and like other posters here I know there is a difference between the 2. Lust is a physical longing, love is deeper and takes much more time to develop. Love usually develop AFTER lust.

One of my good female friends who's also 50 has not grown to understand the difference. To her, experiencing butterflies IS love so she will often say ILY to men after just a couple of dates. She is book smart, she's a banker and can handle very hard to understand finance principals but she isn't emotionally mature.