When average women reject handsome men?

LADIES: What are some seasons you have rejected, dumped or divorced handsome men or men much better looking than you?

There have been many times I was out and saw an attractive man hit on an average looking woman and get rejected. Its usually kind of funny, but also kind of strange.

Also, I'm a pretty good looking myself and I've had women less attractive than me reject me or dump me. The two most recent ones were very bizarre because they were VERY into me and one even said she loved me after only a few dates. But both girls rejected me when I tried to have sex with them and ghosted me after. What the he11? Lol.

Cookiesandough

Usually because while they were conventionally attractive they were not my type or they had an undesirable personality/ something else about them

• Like 3
  • Author
Usually because while they were conventionally attractive they were not my type or they had an undesirable personality/ something else about them

What if they were rich and famous too? Would that change anything or would you still reject them due to personality?

Eternal Sunshine

Example 1: I dated a gorgeous man for 8 months in 2015. Way better looking than me. He was boring though, lacked both emotional and intellectual depth and was too much of a people pleaser. I ended it.

Example 2: Recently I went on a couple of dates with a super attractive guy. He was in a dead end career, again lacked depth, and made an offensive comment about overweight women. I ghosted him.

I actually care very little about looks and I value personality much, much more.

• Like 3

Looks are subjective - maybe they didn't find you attractive.

Also, for me personally looks are on the bottom of the list of what I look for in a man. They are just a nice icing on the cake but don't give foundation for anything.

LADIES: What are some seasons you have rejected, dumped or divorced handsome men or men much better looking than you?

There have been many times I was out and saw an attractive man hit on an average looking woman and get rejected. Its usually kind of funny, but also kind of strange.

Also, I'm a pretty good looking myself and I've had women less attractive than me reject me or dump me. The two most recent ones were very bizarre because they were VERY into me and one even said she loved me after only a few dates. But both girls rejected me when I tried to have sex with them and ghosted me after. What the he11? Lol.

• Like 2
  • Author
Example 1: I dated a gorgeous man for 8 months in 2015. Way better looking than me. He was boring though, lacked both emotional and intellectual depth and was too much of a people pleaser. I ended it.

Example 2: Recently I went on a couple of dates with a super attractive guy. He was in a dead end career, again lacked depth, and made an offensive comment about overweight women. I ghosted him.

I actually care very little about looks and I value personality much, much more.

Dropped a guy for making an offensive comment about fat women? First guy was a people pleaser?

So either a guy is too boring for you or not boring enough LOL.

• Author
Looks are subjective - maybe they didn't find you attractive.

Also, for me personally looks are on the bottom of the list of what I look for in a man. They are just a nice icing on the cake but don't give foundation for anything.

Would you date a dwarf?

Would you date a dwarf?

Possibly not, unless he's impressive in some other way. I was attracted once to a man with pretty substantial physical disability so anything is possible.

I've met ppl who at first glance didn't trip my trigger. After talking to them and getting to know them better, they became more attractive. Conversely, I've met ppl who were gorgeous/handsome, and after getting to know them better, they became less attractive. Like NG said, looks are subjective.

There are people who are materialistic and that would seal the deal for them, but I wouldn't stay because he was wealthy.

• Like 3

Both guys were boring and one showed his bad side.

Neither showed any emotional and intellectual depth so were binned.

Attractiveness = 10

Personality = 0

Total = Big fat zero.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough
What if they were rich and famous too? Would that change anything or would you still reject them due to personality?

Still would and have done. Nothing makes up for an obnoxious personality to me.

• Like 3

intimidated by them, a sense of being out of my league, in one instance, an attractive man played each admirer off against the other, he was rich too

perhaps if they signalled that they really liked me as ther favourite, by making a fuss of me, it would have been ok, but insecurity and common sense held me back

• Like 1

This is why positive references are so important.

Really, when you properly get the jist of how strange a woman's attraction is, you just stop taking things so seriously.

One ex girlfriend said that she started to really like me when she watched my lips touch the glass I was drinking from on our first date. Well, I can't regulate for that.

Who cares?

And when I get rejected from women closer to average on the scale, I know that it doesn't mean anything.

A very plain and average woman simply gave me an eye roll once. She was not even anywhere near the league of most of my ex-girlfriends.

This is why positive references are so important. Imagine the man with no positive experiences to draw on getting a straight eye-roll.

• Like 1

Looks just arent enough. They'll get my attention but unless I really enjoy hanging out and talking and flirting with him, its not gonna work. Theres a guy ive dated a little bit and ghosted two different times. Whenever he posts a new pic on facebook I think how could I. Hes hot af. Kinda nice, too, and really wanting a relationship. I wish we had had some chemistry.

Hasnt this sort of thing happened in reverse for you? Really physically attractive woman who's just not very interesting or fun for you?

Dropped a guy for making an offensive comment about fat women? First guy was a people pleaser?

Neither end of the spectrum is attractive. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Good looks can be negated or reduced by other things such as arrogance or a crappy personality.

I've known a few really good looking dudes who, while successful with ladies, were found unappealing by more than a few women because their cockiness was insufferable.

It's important to remember that while women are going to take notice of a good looking guy, they aren't the savages most of us guys; they can actually take a pass on a superficially good looking person if he's a jerk.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language~T
  • Like 3
  • Author
intimidated by them, a sense of being out of my league, in one instance, an attractive man played each admirer off against the other, he was rich too

perhaps if they signalled that they really liked me as ther favourite, by making a fuss of me, it would have been ok, but insecurity and common sense held me back

I find this more believable than some of the others posts.

• Like 1
  • Author
Looks just arent enough. They'll get my attention but unless I really enjoy hanging out and talking and flirting with him, its not gonna work. Theres a guy ive dated a little bit and ghosted two different times. Whenever he posts a new pic on facebook I think how could I. Hes hot af. Kinda nice, too, and really wanting a relationship. I wish we had had some chemistry.

Hasnt this sort of thing happened in reverse for you? Really physically attractive woman who's just not very interesting or fun for you?

Sure, I've met conventionally attractive women who were not my type many times. Usually I get turned off by one of the following:

- Too much makeup

- Entitled

- Big ego / arrogant

- Has kids

- Too old

- Sleeps around too much to take seriously

But I'll also admit there is a level of physically attractiveness a woman can have where everything I listed above goes out the window. Its rare to find that though.

• Author
Good looks can be negated or reduced by other things such as arrogance or a crappy personality.

I've known a few really good looking dudes who, while successful with ladies, were found unappealing by more than a few women because their cockiness was insufferable.

It's important to remember that while women are going to take notice of a good looking guy, they aren't the savages most of us guys; they can actually take a pass on a superficially good looking person if he's a jerk.

This is explains why "nice guys finish last" lol.

And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Men who act like jerks are more successful with women than men who don't. Nice guys get women too, but jerks get more women.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language ~T
somanymistakes

The point is: it doesn't matter how cute you think you are, if your personality sucks.

• Like 2

An icky personality can really make a guy unattractive no matter what he looks like. And a great personality can make a guy who's relatively unattractive physically very appealing. I cant handle almost any arrogance and if a guy comes across as arrogant its nust not posdible for me to feel attraction for him. Im not totally sure OP, but reading between the lines, i think there's a chance you might be turning women off with your arrogance. Or possibly youre not as good lokking as your mother has led you to believe.

• Like 1

Why would one want to hang out with a rich and famous pain in the rear end?

• Like 1

I was with a guy who looked like a model and wanted to get married. I left him because while he was gorgeous and a "great catch" by most measures, he was arrogant, vain, and with him I never felt truly loved.

I usually bypass men who are 9-10 level because 99% of the time it's obvious they're expecting to get into your pants immediately and not really interested in anything beyond sex.

Study after study shows that relationships are most stable when the man and woman are similar in the looks department. If there's a noticeable difference, the less physically attractive partner will probably be taken for granted and not be happy.

• Like 1