Are younger women more prone to cheating?

I'm wondering about this. Is it a myth? Some true facts could be that younger women so 20s something are ''fun'' but unpredictable. Does that somehow make them more ruthless when it comes to cheating? A personal observation would be that older men cheat more (on their wives) while younger women these days for many of them don't get attached so much and enjoy their youth as much as they can.

Thoughts or experiences, LS?

Younger attractive women hold alot of sexual power at that age. That along with absence of significant life experience, different values, and evolving attitudes toward monogamy and fidelity tend to confirm that hypothesis. Having said that, I've met older women who have been unfaithful and can't or won't be monogamous, and seen younger women who take the whole fidelity and monogamy thing very seriously. Depends on the individual, and definitely not a one size fits all dynamic.

• Like 1

I'd generally say 'yes'. However, cheating as in a steady relationship and marriage or just ''sleeping around'' while being in your 20s? Two different things in my opinion.

I may not have the wisest definition of cheating, being (too) open minded but I consider cheating when you sleep with someone else while your girlfriend or wife deeply love you. Now that's indeed ruthless.

I never figured out if I've been cheated on or not but I did have some clues and suspiscion.. I'm now more careful without veering off to paranoia.

i do not think it is necessarily age. but more like the "7 year itch". How long the relationship has gone on is probably related to if there is cheating. After 7 years or so, things get boring/the same/in a rut. If you can make it thru to 8 or 9 years...that is a good sign

They're more prone to not being ready to be exclusive and settle down. Young people's lives move at lightning speed, so she can be completely devoted last week and then get a bug up her butt about a lifeguard the next.

I ran into far more unfaithful wives in my 20's than later in life, although there was a minor spike in the 40's. The most significant subset was young mothers. However, as it was common when I was young for women to have children at a young age, teens or early 20's, perhaps that's unremarkable. YMMV