My friend is leaving for college soon, how do I keep our friendship?

Recently I posted a thread under the Dating category about this girl I work with. I won't get too into detail, but I got a little bit of a crush on her. It is probably because we have been around each other for a while at work. She's leaving for college soon and I've decided that we're just staying as friends for now for reasons.

Anyways, we became friends this summer, but she won't be around for too much longer. She's 21 and I'm 17. We're going to the local fair in a couple of days with another work friend. We have each others phone numbers and social media accounts. I know she wants to be friends too because she's the one who asked for my social media and invited me to the fair.

She's a good friend and I don't want to lose her. I'm not looking for any romance, just a friendship. What should I talk about when I text her? About her day? What's going on here? Right now we don't talk over the phone since we have been seeing each other often. My biggest fear is that she will think I am getting over attached to her or catching feelings when I text her. I love being around her and I just want to make the friendship stay as a thing.

You are catching feelings for her. Stop kidding yourself.

Before she leaves, point blank ask her if you two will still be friends. Assuming she says of course, like somethings she posts on social media. Perhaps seek her advice about what college you should go to or vent about how stressful your SAT/ACT tests are since she's been through it.

Meanwhile look around locally for a girl your age to date. Then you won't care when she fades out of your life after her graduation.

• Like 1