Brother hates my boyfriend?

My little brother is 13 years old and he hates my boyfriend, we can call my boyfriend Sam for the sake of this post. We are only a couple years older than him so there isn't a huge age gap. We've been together for two years now and Sam makes me incredibly happy and I love him a lot but it's hard to enjoy bringing him around because my brother is rude to him and even when Sam isn't around, my brother makes it a point to say "Oh Sam isn't going is he?" or things of that nature. I have never been close with my brother so I doubt it is him being jealous or an attention thing. I have tried talking to my brother about why he is so mean and he says "I hate your d***ish boyfriend" but Sam has never been mean to him before, in fact he's tried many times to be friends (i.e. playing basketball or video games, making conversation, etc.) but nothing works for him. I know that my brothers opinion shouldn't really be such a big deal when I can see that he's being bitter and I know that I am happy with Sam but it still hurts that he acts the way he does for seemingly no reason. Does anyone know why he's so rude or why he feels the need to hurt me and my boyfriend?

Edited by ashley72600

I've raised 3 boys. It sounds like just a little brother thing to me. I doubt this is the only thing he does to irritate you.

• Like 1

Don't bring your brother around your bf. Sam doesn't deserve to be ill treated by a bitter boy because Sam likes you !

Yeah, ignore him and tell him to mind his own business.

Maybe ask him why he dislikes your boyfriend instead of asking why he's being so mean. This distinction might be meaningful.

• Like 1