Meeting a random person somewhere.

I guess I was going to get this out there sooner or later, so here it goes.

*Clears throat*

So nearly a couple of weeks ago, I went with my parents and my grandma to an art museum and at some point, there was this girl who caught my attention. I found myself talking to her at some point and there were other moments when we made eye contact. I even thought to myself to go try talking to her some more, get her name and maybe her number. So I went around in hopes of crossing her paths again and I couldn't find her. So then I thought to myself, "You had your chance right there the first time." I thought she was gone at that point.

However, then came when I was almost about to leave and I waited around while my family was looking at stuff. I sat at a bench and then saw the girl coming out of the dining area. So it turned out she didn't leave after all. I thought to myself, "This is my last chance." So I went up to her to talk to her again. She gave me her name and number. I then texted her a few days later. She didn't reply until sometime after that, but we have been talking quite a bit lately.

I will admit that I was a bit nervous about this because meeting a random person somewhere isn't something that I am used to. But I am going to try to see where this may go.

Does anybody have any moments where you had met a random person? Did you date the person or something? I would like to read some stories.

• Like 1

You can meet someone anywhere cant you.. i met my missus at school, which i think is pretty common.

My cousin met his wife at uni, she lived in the flat a the floor down from him in same block of flats but they had never met. He got absolutely trashed one night and ended up outside of her flat, which he thought was his, knocking on her door, saying he'd lost his key!

She opened up and was like you don't live here mate and left him outside, where he proceeded to pass out in the corridor.

She then starts to worry something will happen to him out there and she'd feel responsible so she literally drags him into her flat.

But her flat mates are all out and she was worried he'd wake up and be some pyscho or something so she decided to lock him in the kitchen.

He literally woke up the next morning locked in her kitchen! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't think they've gone a day without contact ever since! That was a bit of a random one!

• Like 3

I'll tell you a typical story.

South-African girl. Smoking hot. Number closed, and was a very flirty interaction. Into the messaging, and everything was going great until I made the date invite. Cue daft excuse. Went dark on her for a few days before giving it another go. More of the same.

The moral is to pull the trigger and make the date invite ;)

You are messaging her, you are ultimately doing it to get her out. Be goal-oriented.

Your chances of sleeping with her, and having a significant relationship are fairly low. Getting numbers is nothing special (not putting down your experience, which is great, I'm talking from a results based mindset).

Don't put it off.

• Like 1

The first person I ever started dating, excluding my ex, was just some cute looking girl in the university bar on karaoke night. We kept glancing over at each other so I just went up to her, said I think you're pretty cute can I get your number. Asked her name as she gave me her number and that was that. Dated for a short lived month after with sex.

• Like 1
RecentChange

Sure.... I met my affair partner on the train.

First it was glaces, then I initiated conversation.

Next thing you know we are sitting together every day, exchanged numbers.... And things took off from there.

• Like 2
You can meet someone anywhere cant you.. i met my missus at school, which i think is pretty common.

My cousin met his wife at uni, she lived in the flat a the floor down from him in same block of flats but they had never met. He got absolutely trashed one night and ended up outside of her flat, which he thought was his, knocking on her door, saying he'd lost his key!

She opened up and was like you don't live here mate and left him outside, where he proceeded to pass out in the corridor.

She then starts to worry something will happen to him out there and she'd feel responsible so she literally drags him into her flat.

But her flat mates are all out and she was worried he'd wake up and be some pyscho or something so she decided to lock him in the kitchen.

He literally woke up the next morning locked in her kitchen! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't think they've gone a day without contact ever since! That was a bit of a random one!

Cute story. But it further supports my theory that women like to find men who are wasted, literally and figuratively. If you are a man who is generally content and happy in life, without any major problems or addictions...then women are repelled from this like magnets.

Edited by aurelius99

Yes, dear. Before the internet and online dating, this was called "dating" and was the standard way to meet someone you might have something in common with. For example, you were both interested at being at a museum, so there's your commonality. Plus you probably live in the same area and are part of the same culture so you are alike in those ways too and will understand each other.

There was a time when this was the ONLY way to meet someone and go out with them. Believe it or not. And many still think it's the best way. Not much future in finding someone you like who lives 6000 miles away who you can't be with anyway.

• Like 1
Cute story. But it further supports my theory that women like to find men who are wasted, literally and figuratively. If you are a man who is generally content and happy in life, without any major problems or addictions...then women are repelled from this like magnets.

:confused: My cuz doesnt have major, he's a football physio, hes got a house, car, Labrador.

And he didnt have major problems then, he was just a young guy showing us English folk how the Irish celebrate Paddys Day and he had a bit too much to drink, how many guys (and girls) dont have a bit too much to drink some nights while they are away at uni!?

I don't believe women are repelled from guys without major problems!! That would leave like minimum 75-80% of the male population single, which is clearly not the case!

• Like 3

Hi!!

All the guys I've dated recently have been men I've met randomly. I don't date online or thru social media.... so this is the only way I have to meet guys!

I actually prefer this to online dating, because at least you know what they look like in real life. There's no hiding behind iPhone filters or catfishes.

Good luck my friend!!

• Like 1

Ways I met the guys who meant the most to me:

#1Gorgeous creature walked into bar where I worked during the day, silhouetted against the bright sun of the open door and asked me for a nickel so he'd have enough change to use the pay phone (a device of yesteryear where you put money in a slot to get a dial tone).

#2 favorite local band was auditioning new guitarists. Guy came into the record store where I worked all glammed out and turns out he was the new guitarist. I made him buy the just released first Cheap Trick album and he loved it.

#3 We were both working booths at a guitar convention. He had buttons of my favorite band who wasn't very popular.

#4 Guy too young for me "interviewed" me at a theater during band auditions in my hometown, really silly interview about dating for some school project. Few years later, when I moved to a bigger town, his hometown, he saw me at a party on a night I was completely heartbroken after a breakup and I didn't notice him. So he came into the record store and then I noticed him and followed him around because he was hot.

And then I also met some not as serious guys working with them in a casual workplace.

The only time I met and went out with a random person that wasn't from work/school/a club/a bar, was some guy who approached me at the mall. I think he said something like he thought I was cute and that he'd like to get my number. Before we parted ways, I remember he said, "Oh, one thing!" and then he looked under the table I was sitting at and looked at my feet. (I remember I had on platform flip-flops and I had just painted my toes.) Then he said, "Phew. You have pretty feet." That should have been the sign to run far far away. However, he was really cute so I went out with a him a few times. However, I cringe now thinking about him. He turned out to be just really weird and yucky.

The only time I met and went out with a random person that wasn't from work/school/a club/a bar, was some guy who approached me at the mall. I think he said something like he thought I was cute and that he'd like to get my number. Before we parted ways, I remember he said, "Oh, one thing!" and then he looked under the table I was sitting at and looked at my feet. (I remember I had on platform flip-flops and I had just painted my toes.) Then he said, "Phew. You have pretty feet." That should have been the sign to run far far away. However, he was really cute so I went out with a him a few times. However, I cringe now thinking about him. He turned out to be just really weird and yucky.

he probably could have given you a great foot massage

Wow....don't like us much, do you. Don't you post a lot of Christian stuff? Seems incongruous....

OP, it sounds like a good start. Ask her out.

• Like 2

Well, I do think the main point of this thread was lost in the responses so far.

OP saw a girl he was interested in. OP went up and talked to her but when it was time to get her #, he wussed out the first time. OP realized his mistake though, and lucky for him, also was given a second chance (girl didn't leave after all) and this time he took it! I think E-squared deserves some serious props for that.

But, yeah, time for patting yourself on the back is about done OP. You have work to do. Indeed, you do need to actually get her on a date.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 3
  • Author
Well, I do think the main point of this thread was lost in the responses so far.

OP saw a girl he was interested in. OP went up and talked to her but when it was time to get her #, he wussed out the first time. OP realized his mistake though, and lucky for him, also was given a second chance (girl didn't leave after all) and this time he took it! I think E-squared deserves some serious props for that.

But, yeah, time for patting yourself on the back is about done OP. You have work to do. Indeed, you do need to actually get her on a date.

Yes, I do.

yep! i've dated a few guys that i met randomly. one of them was actually my Lyft (a taxi app) driver, haha! i had just broken up with my ex a few months earlier and was slowly getting back into dating again. so, i thought, "why not" with this new guy. while we only saw each other for a few months, i still had a fun time!

so, OP, go for it! what do you have to lose? ;)

• Like 1