Calling all male mindreaders....

I know this sounds stupid, but if I hear one more man professing to know " how women think" I am going to scream.

How about instead of telling women how they think, or assuming you ( general you) know how someone must be thinking because they are female, you actually ASK them?

• Like 8

Magnetic Resonance Imaging.

Nobody is able to read mind quite yet, but rest assured that science and neuroscientists will make that possible very soon, during this century.

I know this sounds stupid, but if I hear one more man professing to know " how women think" I am going to scream.

How about instead of telling women how they think, or assuming you ( general you) know how someone must be thinking because they are female, you actually ASK them?

:D

I think some men say that because what women say they think or feel often conflicts with what they do. Behavior is observable and often predictable.

That's why some men think they know what women "really" think.

I think there is some credence to both arguments. Sometimes women do know what they think and feel and can express it clearly. Other times women say the "right" thing and men are left to read between the lines when women's behavior completely contradicts what they said.

• Like 3
GunslingerRoland

I think any time someone tries to assume something about everyone in a general way they are obviously going to be wrong with many people as there are many individual differences.

That said, I'm also a firm believer that outside observation can sometimes be as powerful as inside observation. It's like how I've heard some women say they would never want a male doctor because a man doesn't understand what a woman goes through. Well that is a silly way of thinking as using that line of thinking only children could be doctors for children, and only people with cancer could treat cancer. you can understand something going on for someone without actually living that life.

If you ask women how they think I'm not sure if you'll get a particularly accurate representation of reality. People are very bad about being honest about their own deep down thoughts and feelings.

• Like 2

Ah, such a typical female objection, my "women whisperer" already told me about that one. I should watch some more of his videos, they are truly worth their money. :D :D :D

• Like 1

If anyone had the ability to read women's minds this board would not exist and men would never get dumped.

That said, you can make generalizations based on experience which is true for most women.

Some things I've found that I've found true for all the women I've dated:

- Women are indirect. They often are not as direct as men.

- When you ask a woman what's wrong and she says "nothing", it's not nothing, it's something.

- When a woman says "It's fine", it's not fine....it's pretty far from fine.

- Talking is how women resolve problems. Men tend to withdraw to resolve problems internally.

- Women say what they are feeling in the moment "I love you", "I'll never leave you", "We never do X", "You always do Y".

- Women often don't understand their own feelings or reasons and therefore cannot explain it to you. They tend to be more based on emotions and guys tend to be based more or logic "But we just went to dinner last week! How can you say we never go out?".

- What women say they want often is not what they respond to. When you look at their history they did not care the most about guys who gushed all over them and treated them like a princess. They cared most about the guys they had to work for.

- Women will test you to see how much they can get away with and will have more respect if you stand your ground while not being a jerk.

So no, no one is a mind reader. But you can see patterns and illicit favored responses by understanding the way their minds work.

I wish I could read their minds. Best I can do is interact with typical behaviors.

• Like 2
  • Author
Magnetic Resonance Imaging.

Nobody is able to read mind quite yet, but rest assured that science and neuroscientists will make that possible very soon, during this century.

This is off topic, and I apologize.

Your post put me in mind of a documentary I saw some time ago. It was about the topic of anti social personality disorder, and the men being interviewed is considered to be an expert in the field.

He described how he had done brain scans as part of a study ( I think it was PET scans, but I can't say for sure) and included his as a control. It turned out that his scan would indicate he was a psychopath. It was interesting to listen to the discussion of nature vs. nurture in this respect.

• Like 1

But it's funny , when l read or hear what a women thinks a man is doing or thinking, over and over again l just think wtf !

And some of the assumptions women come up with , l sh@t you not , some have near ruined my life with assumptions so far of the mark it was down right dangerous.

l think l pretty well decided a few years back now, 90% of them have absolutely no idea what so ever , what makes any guy or even their own guy tick.

So it's a vicious circle.

But l do find women on the general stuff, almost carbon copies of each other in so many ways.

There is a lot of just general stuff with women where l don't think l've had a surprise in years,

particularly on things men, they mostly all seem to be cut from the exact same block. You see it on date sites by the truckload too, sometimes you think wth , don't they even read what the other women are saying, don't they know they're just repeating every word as if it's all so fascinating, how the hell do they expect to stand out,

But when it comes to their mind and general thinking about god knows what, anything, they can be very contodictive in actions verses words and thoughts as they tell it.

And worse as they get older. l just read this long rambling post before , won't say which , but the spiral and ping pong of her words and thinking , were ,well, l won't say.

But they do quite often seem to just enjoy allowing themselves to be total scatterbrains .

But even with those , half the time you can often just see , as plain as the nose on your face , what the simple problem is that they are all scatter brained about as if it's some big mystery.

Edited by Chilli

gf , sadly no more , use to say but how did you know chilli , or how do you know these things about me, or how did you know l was gonna do that or l was thinking this ..

Yet she was a very very bright lady but in many ways , so easily read. Which considering she was a bit crazy too , means well , l dunno what.

But there were lots of other ways where you couldn't even dream up just wtf was on her mind or her logic or wth this or that came from.

Or deal with it with logic either.

But it's funny , when l read or hear what a women thinks a man is doing or thinking, over and over again l just think wtf !

And some of the assumptions women come up with , l sh@t you not , some have near ruined my life with assumptions so far of the mark it was down right dangerous.

l think l pretty well decided a few years back now, 90% of them have absolutely no idea what so ever , what makes any guy or even their own guy tick.

So it's a vicious circle.

But l do find women on the general stuff, almost carbon copies of each other in so many ways.

There is a lot of just general stuff with women where l don't think l've had a surprise in years,

particularly on things men, they mostly all seem to be cut from the exact same block. You see it on date sites by the truckload too, sometimes you think wth , don't they even read what the other women are saying, don't they know they're just repeating every word as if it's all so fascinating, how the hell do they expect to stand out,

But when it comes to their mind and general thinking about god knows what, anything, they can be very contodictive in actions verses words and thoughts as they tell it.

And worse as they get older. l just read this long rambling post before , won't say which , but the spiral and ping pong of her words and thinking , were ,well, l won't say.

But they do quite often seem to just enjoy allowing themselves to be total scatterbrains .

But even with those , half the time you can often just see , as plain as the nose on your face , what the simple problem is that they are all scatter brained about as if it's some big mystery.

The thing I have noticed about male mindreaders is that most of them don't like women very much, as evidenced by this post.

GorillaTheater
The thing I have noticed about male mindreaders is that most of them don't like women very much, as evidenced by this post.

I knew you were going to say that.

• Like 6

Could say the same about the other posts and men then too.

But l dunno , l do love women actually so there's another one of the assumptions a mile off l just talked about. love being with them and around them

But only women l'm into, not just any.

• Like 2
  • Author
All I can say is I'm with ya sister.

Oh, and that list about women is condescending.

I see it online, have overheard men saying it and have even been told by men who I didn't even know that they knew what I must be thinking, because I'm female.

Hell, I don't even known what I'm thinking half the damned time, so what makes them think they know?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
gf , sadly no more , use to say but how did you know chilli , or how do you know these things about me, or how did you know l was gonna do that or l was thinking this ..

Yet she was a very very bright lady but in many ways , so easily read. Which considering she was a bit crazy too , means well , l dunno what.

But there were lots of other ways where you couldn't even dream up just wtf was on her mind or her logic or wth this or that came from.

Or deal with it with logic either.

I think I just might have an answer to this one.

In spite of what some men think, women are not some sort of carbon copy template of one another. We all have our own life experiences, which colour our viewpoints.

Just speaking for myself, but the people who are confident that they know just how women think and that the are easy to read are usually wrong. Sure, all men and women may well have similar, almost instinctive, behavior patterns, but beyond that, each person is unique.

• Author
It's called mansplaining. There's even a wikipedia page about it. ;)

I just looked that up. How lovely:sick:

Oh well, I guess one can learn something new every day. The closest thing I have heard to this was "manscaping", but I guess that's not the same thing at all:laugh::lmao::laugh:

It's called mansplaining. There's even a wikipedia page about it. ;)

And then there's the opposite. Here's some womansplaining at the intermediate level:

• Like 2
somanymistakes

Like most made-up terms, the term "mansplaining" lost its original meaning as soon as it was coined, because people didn't understand what it was actually meant to mean and started to use it in every possible situation, because it sounded vaguely insulting and made them feel more powerful.

Now half the time when you see someone talk about mansplaining they just mean "a man explaining something". Which is NOT what the concept was supposed to be! When it first started being used it was specifically talking about the kind of man who approaches a female expert in a field that he is not an expert in and begins telling her how much he can help her career and 'explaining' very simple concepts to her like she is a small child.

Nothing about men in general, just about a particular kind of jerk who shows up at industry events and tries to make himself sound far more popular and powerful than he really is.

• Like 1

People hate stereotypes but often they are "rooted," in some truth and often expose some level of vulnerability that we try to hide.

This can apply to our gender, our race/heritage, our height/weight, sexual orientation, religion etc.

Poor straight guys: They don't get a break! Women want them to understand them and then when they claim to understand them we get threads like this. (befuddled)

Edited by loverboy69

No point because we know how the enemy err I meant women think.

You see us men think very much to the point.

• Author
People hate stereotypes but often they are "rooted," in some truth and often expose some level of vulnerability that we try to hide.

This can apply to our gender, our race/heritage, our height/weight, sexual orientation, religion etc.

Poor straight guys: They don't get a break! Women want them to understand them and then when they claim to understand them we get threads like this. (befuddled)

What many women ( and probably men too) want is, instead of having someone assume they how they are feeling, they actually ask them them and listen when they talk.

• Like 1