Do married men who cheat usually choose a younger women?

I'm throwing this one out for discussion :)

In all the situations with friends I know about (and my own as a BS) all the WSs picked a much younger women as an AP (When I say "much younger" I mean 10 years plus) who is usually single.

Is this common and if so why ? :confused:

RecentChange

I would guess they often go for young women because:

Young women are more likely to be naive and easy to manipulate

Young women are more likely to have a hot body / sex appeal

Single young women aren’t going to have a husband to come kick their ass when discovered

Single young women aren’t going to be busy with a husband and home life much more likely to be “on call”

Single young women are going to devote more attention to the married man then a married women would be able to

Then there is conquest, a single young woman is more desirable on “the market place”.

Do you need more reasons?

Obviously it’s the trend, but of course there are outliers. My “married man” was 9 years my junior, and I was married.

• Like 5

Yes I would say they most often cheat with a younger woman. TBH though, lately I'm noticing married women are mostly cheating with younger men also.

• Like 2
Friskyone4u

Aries,

Most married men who cheat will cheat with the first female who will take her panties off. I do not believe there is a lot of attention paid to demographics.

• Like 8
I would guess they often go for young women because:

Young women are more likely to be naive and easy to manipulate

Young women are more likely to have a hot body / sex appeal

Single young women aren’t going to have a husband to come kick their ass when discovered

Single young women aren’t going to be busy with a husband and home life much more likely to be “on call”

Single young women are going to devote more attention to the married man then a married women would be able to

Then there is conquest, a single young woman is more desirable on “the market place”.

Do you need more reasons?

Obviously it’s the trend, but of course there are outliers. My “married man” was 9 years my junior, and I was married.

This.

But more importantly, they pick women who will have sex with them and cause minimal trouble.

I have friends who are lifetime cheaters or I did, they pick a certain type no matter what age. Low self-esteem and poor self worth. []

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Topical content
  • Like 2
I think that a lot of times, it's the younger women that want to cheat with the older, married man.

I think that is also true in some cases, they see the married man as someone who will leave his wife for them and suddenly they will become Mrs MM and reap the benefits of his often nice and comfortable lifestyle.

Their ego is flying high, they WILL replace the old, dowdy, plain, unsexy, fat, unintelligent, argumentative wife who makes his life a misery...

• Like 3

From my perspective some younger women are attracted to the position that some older men have in the workplace.

From what I've seen men for the most part will choose younger.

It's not gender specific as cougars like the younger guys as well.

It's been my experience that younger women flirt with me much more than women my age or older. Maybe they just feel more confidence in their ability since they are often a target of so much attention. I think they feel "safer" openly flirting with an older, married guy since he is "taken" but...then the daddy-complex or whatever kicks in and sex is on the table.

I think it depends on the type of A it is and the motivations behind it.

You mean there are types? I always thought it was two selfish people who blame others for thier problem and run from issues instead of dealing with them

• Like 7
I think that is also true in some cases, they see the married man as someone who will leave his wife for them and suddenly they will become Mrs MM and reap the benefits of his often nice and comfortable lifestyle.

Their ego is flying high, they WILL replace the old, dowdy, plain, unsexy, fat, unintelligent, argumentative wife who makes his life a misery...

At my workplace, there are a LOT of young females there (ages 16-25). I'm 50. I get hit on so much by girls as young as 18. And some of them basically let me know that if I want to have some fun with them, all I have to do is let them know. I don't get it. But then again, I'm the most happily married guy that I've ever known. But I can see how if a guy wasn't totally happy with his relationship, how he could fall into something stupid with girls that young.

It's mind boggling to me why they'd want to get involved with an old mofo like me.

Edited by GoldenR
  • Like 2

My husband's OW was 20 years younger.. single (not counting the other MM she was fkg)

Reasons I think:

Thinner then me (but not thin)

Could devote all time to him because had no responsibilities.

Easier to tell her what to do which he did all the time.

And I think because of his CSA he is stuck st like 14 for an age relationship wise....she was 19 and fresh out of HS....where I think he is mentally stuck so they clicked

• Like 1

Exactly.....

• Author

elaine567 #8

Their ego is flying high, they WILL replace the old, dowdy, plain, unsexy, fat, unintelligent, argumentative wife who makes his life a misery..

:lmao:

At my workplace, there are a LOT of young females there (ages 16-25). I'm 50. I get hit on so much by girls as young as 18. And some of them basically let me know that if I want to have some fun with them, all I have to do is let them know. I don't get it. But then again, I'm the most happily married guy that I've ever known. But I can see how if a guy wasn't totally happy with his relationship, how he could fall into something stupid with girls that young.

It's mind boggling to me why they'd want to get involved with an old mofo like me.

It seems Millennials are attracted to old people. Back in my day I don't remember any of my young friends wanting to be with old people in a sexual way. Is it because they didn't get enough attention from their parents? Who knows.

• Like 5
It seems Millennials are attracted to old people. Back in my day I don't remember any of my young friends wanting to be with old people in a sexual way. Is it because they didn't get enough attention from their parents? Who knows.

I don't either.

When I was getting my fist undergrad degree, I used to eat lunch every day with an older prof. , A friend of mine asked me about it, and was somewhat chagrined when I told her it was my dad ( he was was a prof. at the time). She had thought the age difference would have been too much.

About older married men seeking younger women...

I may be way off, but it seems to me as if these men are somehow attracted to the "helpless" ( for lack of a better word) quality they see in a younger woman. I'm not saying she is actually helpless ( or that she even feels like she is), but rather that she gives off that vibe, even if only to him.

I overheard a rather unsavory comment once. It was along these lines of how men want strong women to marry and flaky ones to ( expletive deleted). I don't know if that's true or not, as I am not a guy.

Maybe some older married guys are drawn to the relative "innocence" of a younger woman.

• Like 2
somanymistakes

There are a lot of cases where the AP and the WS are the same age because they knew each other before the marriage.

gettingstronger

My experience is because these women can not get a single guy their own age so they're ok with an older married guy. I remember in my 20-30s the only women I knew that were involved with married men were the ones that could find dates in our age bracket. I think it made them vulnerable.

• Like 2

When I was young my favorite lovers were older men. They know how to converse, have a quiet confidence from life experience and tend to be more sexually skilled then their younger counterparts. I was never an OW, though. The family friends and other older men I umm dated were single or divorced.

I have seen more affairs among friends and family than I can count. Most were with age appropriate people. A few were older men with younger women. The older-younger relationships all ended in a new marriage and kids. I've often wondered if it was biology coupled with regrets. The man wanting a do-over with a woman still young enough to have kids

Friskyone4u

Here's another thought.

Young men today, with their "bro" culture, behave like such idiots that women their age are willing to date older married men because these guys act like they have a double digit IQ

• Like 1
Midwestmissy

My wh's ow was his age and married and unattractive. But she made herself available for sex and showered him with praise (for having sex with her). Apparently she'd been doing this nonsense for 25 years (without 'getting' her man), so sometimes those younger cheating women become the wrinkly older cheating women. Not as sexy at 50. Women can be very sexy at 50, but married ones sleeping with married bosses become pathetic.

And yes, my 50 year old wh was just as pathetic. They were both screwed up people screwing, age be damned. Sexy men and women say no and stand up for their families.

• Like 3

My exMM was 4 months younger than myself. We were not typical as for reasons why. We fell in love completely. I did find out when it ended badly and my exMM became angry and harassed both myself and my family, when we talked to the police, they said what the see very often in such cases, are a married man who gets involved with a caring woman because they are married to a controlling wife. This was a statement made from the head of the police department. It has nothing to do with the age of the affair partner/other woman... it has to do with the wife being controlling.

I can be direct and say that I saved sex until marriage, was married 20 years and had felt infidelity was one of the worst things someone could do to another human being. I have a very strong faith in God and knew what was right and what was wrong. I don't have a low self-esteem and sure wouldn't let my exMM control me. So for those of you who are busy judging the other woman as to why she was involved with a married man, be it their age or another factor, until you experience how affairs can happen and understanding the feelings that can develop with another person, you will never fully comprehend why.

Edited by Ahurtgirl
  • Like 1
I'm throwing this one out for discussion :)

In all the situations with friends I know about (and my own as a BS) all the WSs picked a much younger women as an AP (When I say "much younger" I mean 10 years plus) who is usually single.

Is this common and if so why ? :confused:

It's all relative, is a 79 year old cheating with a 69 year old getting someone much younger. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Nah...

Can you blame these women?? Have you seen what 95% of the men age 20-35 look/act like??

Two distinct body types...Fat or rail/beanpole thin...And whining unmanly little girls that get b!tched around by the women in their lives...Its pathetic and I have never seen it this bad...And if you believe half of the stories posted in the sex category, many are even unable to get it up...I mean do hipster beards, dainty hands, and skinny jeans make any woman wet??

As this ties into the OP's question...

More often than not, its not as if the guy pursued, groomed, hoodwinked, tricked of conquered anything...It was handed on a silver platter...

That's the part that most women don't really understand, and I am not intending to justify it......Or they just don't believe it...But take it for what its worth..:)

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear

Basic biological needs:

Men are more valuable to women when they are older.

Women are more valuable to men when they are younger.

I think wives/gf get complacent... they get older, gain weight, and cut sex, clipping slowly at his needs without realizing it. Add nagging to the mix and soon they are cheating.

• Like 3