What's with her?

swordsmen121

I started a new job not too long ago and became really good at what I do in a short period of time.

This group of new hires were introduced in my department. I pretty much introduced myself to them out at my own accord and told them that I might know a little bit more since I started before them.

There's this cute girl in that new group. I sensed that she might like me because I ride a motorcycle and she used to as well before she sold it off (she was scared). She's also initiated conversations about my motorcycle and asked me how I can ride through traffic and stuff. I also did find out that she does have a boyfriend.

I also noticed that she tries really hard not to look at me when I'm around and I catch her looking at me from far away sometimes.

Like I've noticed today that I was talking to someone today and I was the first person she looked at and suddenly looked away the next second as she first walked into the office. Like the manner in which she looked away felt a little unusual.

Also today when I was talking to someone she noticed that I was in a conversation then she comes up to girl I was talking to and said things like how she heard really good things about her work and would like her help and such. I mean it hurt my ego a little because I always extended help before anyone else did. But I dont know if she did that deliberately so I can back off or to play hard to get.

Can anyone please chime in on my situation? I'd appreciate any help and will answer any questions. Thank you!

It's work and you're letting your ego get in the way. Maybe she's more comfortable working with her because she has a boyfriend and because you are a guy who she knows kind of likes her. I wouldn't give it another thought or press yourself on her to help her. You can't come on to her because you're at work and she's taken. But you're taking things personally that you shoudn't because you like her. So don't. Let it go.

• Author
swordsmen121

OK I get the whole work part but what about her behavior....why isn't she comfortable around me? I never expressed interest in her in an obvious way. I've treated everyone the same way.

She has a crush on you. She doesn't know if you like her. She may also have legitimate reservations about dating at work, because it's usually a bad idea.