What's your deal-breaker?

Just curious what people's deal-breaker's are! Hehe.

Here's mine:

1. Allergic to dogs.

I have a mental happy-ending image of me, husband and dog(s).

So, if they guy is allergic to dogs, that's a big no-no for me, my dream image shattered! It's okay if he's not crazy about dogs (although would be great if he could) but at least can't be allergic.

2. Likes small dogs, like chihuahuas.

Guys liking big dogs just sends a message that he's active, energetic and cool. Plus, I love bid dogs!

I just can't stand a golden retriever wagging its tail :)

3. Let's the girl pay on a date

I can completely pay my own share, but I wouldn't feel like I'm on a date if we go dutch. I can definitely pay for drinks or snacks later on the date, but if a guy lets me pay my share on the 1st activity, I guess it just kills the mood.

I always pull out my wallet to do the "pay dance", because don't want to seem like "you are the one who asked me on a date, you should pay". I also think if us girls expect a guy to pay, we should at least have the good manner to "offer" paying, to have the chance to pay for the next round.

Guys, share your deal-breakers ;)

Edited by reeseyummy
  • Like 2

Smokers, Clueless, selfish, stupid, poor hygiene unable to communicate, passive aggressive, liars, un or under-educated.

• Like 2

Large tattoos or too many of them, especially colorful ones. Women like this don't appreciate the natural beauty of their own skin.

Judgmental types. Quick to find fault or look for reasons to drop me.

Talks mainly about themselves. No interest in me.

Nothing in common, at all. This happens with me. I should've faked my interests to agree with hers.

Won't touch me or let herself be touched.

RecentChange
Smokers, Clueless, selfish, stupid, poor hygiene unable to communicate, passive aggressive, liars, un or under-educated.

This would be right up there for me as well.

My husband rides downhill mountain bikes, motorcross, has a Harley, and is outdoorsy and active - and likes small dogs :lmao: Definitely wouldn't be anywhere near a deal breaker for me. (Besides I find our terroir crosses much easier to keep indoors than big furry dogs - and most of our outdoor sports aren't dog friendly).

I'm not sure you need a guy. I think you might be just as happy like me, with a couple of dogs.

Though I have a couple of friends who are not animal-friendly, I could never accept it in a partner of any type. And I believe anyone who can't love a dog, the creature most loyal and loving and eager to please humans there is on this earth, then they are majorly defective. And anyone who'd hurt an animal -- forget about it.

• Like 1

Domineering

Cruel or unkind

Smoker

Right-wing attitudes

Racist

Black-and-white thinker

Ill-mannered

Mean

Beards and moustaches (sorry, ex had these and just don't want same)

Crude

All flirt and no brains

Inability to appreciate music

Not very bright

Alcoholic or heavy drinker

Gambler

Rigid political or religious views

Infidelity

OCD over tidiness

Irresponsible

Poor hygiene

Controlling

• Like 2
I'm not sure you need a guy. I think you might be just as happy like me, with a couple of dogs.

Though I have a couple of friends who are not animal-friendly, I could never accept it in a partner of any type. And I believe anyone who can't love a dog, the creature most loyal and loving and eager to please humans there is on this earth, then they are majorly defective. And anyone who'd hurt an animal -- forget about it.

Agreed 1000%.

I do much better with women who love dogs than those who tolerate them.

• Like 2
curiouslysearching

1. Girls that insist on PAYING FOR A DATE

2. Rude people, people who demean others for no reason

3. People that are not active

4. People who are not tolerant of the ideas others have that

may be contrary to their own

5. Women who don't like athletic men

Simple Logic

Tatoos

Smokers

Drug users

Hoarders

Alcoholics

Under employed

Poor financials

Pets

Religious nuts

Asexual

Poor health

Nagging

Bat **** nuts

Large tattoos or too many of them, especially colorful ones. Women like this don't appreciate the natural beauty of their own skin.

Judgmental types..

Notice any Irony here?

• Like 6

I LOVE every animal, except dogs. I don't hate dogs, but never have felt "love" for them.

I cannot breath, if I'm separated from the natural part of the world--I need to hear birds, see the little insects, bugs on the ground, love love love cats, ducks chicken; I fantasize about having rabbits, chickens, goats, sheep the entire animal farm as my own pet world. But NOT dogs.

I was raised in a culture (rather foreign from the western world), where dogs were seen as "unholy" creatures.

I have separated from that culture many years ago, but it's so strange that still years later, I don't know how to "LOVE" dogs. At a cognitive level I recognize they are wonderful pets/companions, but at an emotional level I still love everything but dogs.

Does that make me damaged?

1. Girls that insist on PAYING FOR A DATE

I insist on paying for a date. On the first day, under no circumstance have I allowed the man to pay both his bill and my bill. Once I'm officially seeing someone more regularly, I'm willing to let him pay the whole bill, so long as he let's me pay the whole bill the next time--so alternate the payer's roles.

My reason: On a first day, when you are just meeting someone to see if there's any potential, WHY would I want a stranger to pay for my meals? If he wants to donate his money for someone's meals, he can do that for a homeless person-- that charity would seem more generous to me than paying for my meals when I'm capable of paying for myself.

Besides, I think there's something unfair about the guys having to pay every time, simply because of some stupid meaningless social etiquette.

• Like 2
I LOVE every animal, except dogs. I don't hate dogs, but never have felt "love" for them.

I cannot breath, if I'm separated from the natural part of the world--I need to hear birds, see the little insects, bugs on the ground, love love love cats, ducks chicken; I fantasize about having rabbits, chickens, goats, sheep the entire animal farm as my own pet world. But NOT dogs.

I was raised in a culture (rather foreign from the western world), where dogs were seen as "unholy" creatures.

I have separated from that culture many years ago, but it's so strange that still years later, I don't know how to "LOVE" dogs. At a cognitive level I recognize they are wonderful pets/companions, but at an emotional level I still love everything but dogs.

Does that make me damaged?

Kind of, yes, in that it has remained a deficit. Dogs are the greatest companions of all, so it's really a shame you can't appreciate them. All because of some religious belief. I see how you can end up that way, but I'm saying a religion or culture that thinks dogs are unholy is -- well, unholy. Something very wrong there.

Women who are anti-science, or anti-tech. Considering my garage lab looks like the bridge of the USS Enterprise, she'd def have a problem with me...

Body worshipers. In the end, all flesh is grass. It's what's inside the body that makes for the joy of love, not the outer package. Too many females fall into the trap of going by outer appearances. I call these types cookie cutter girls... since I'm NOT the Pillsbury dough boy, they hold no interest for me.

She needs to like vinyl, as in long play records... what'd you think I meant? :cool:

She has to know how to cook...:bunny: (props to 1950's housewives).

Hmm... if I could invent a time machine, it'd be off to 1953 I'd go, to find a sure-enough good-housekeeping middle class American wife...

• Like 1

These used to be mine in no particular order;

Responsibilities for dependent children.

Any substance abuse

No job

No assets

No car

Issues with money

Irresponsible

Unreliable

Insensitive

No manners

Negative

Moaner

Emotionally unavailable

Sulker, passive/agressive

Heavy emotional baggage

Anger management issues

No brains or ambition

Uneducated

No common sense

Poor communicator

No religious beliefs (or belong to a group that wants to convert you !)

Left wing

Beard/moustache

Tatoos/piercings

Poor hygiene

:)

Power_Forward
These used to be mine in no particular order;

Responsibilities for dependent children.

Any substance abuse

No job

No assets

No car

Issues with money

Irresponsible

Unreliable

Insensitive

No manners

Negative

Moaner

Emotionally unavailable

Sulker, passive/agressive

Heavy emotional baggage

Anger management issues

No brains or ambition

Uneducated

No common sense

Poor communicator

No religious beliefs (or belong to a group that wants to convert you !)

Left wing

Beard/moustache

Tatoos/piercings

Poor hygiene

:)

No religious beliefs? Christ you're picky.

I don;t think I could spend much time with the following:

-someone who care about what's on the surface

-the stereotypical "alpha" male

-someone who is unkind to animals

-someone who doesn't like birds, cats, rabbits,

-someone who's loud

-someone who doesn't like kids ( not the same as someone who doesn't want them)