Work More Important Than Love?

fireace_00

My girlfriend and I have been together now for a year. I am a American college student while she is also a college student, but she lives in Australia. We both love each other very much. Right now, she is in school while I am on my summer break. Lately, it's been hard for me to communicate to her because she has been so busy with school. She would say things like how she would call me back or she would do something for me, but she never does. She seems to always forget. However, she keeps on telling me that she loves me to death. I trust that she does love me but at times, I feel lonely because I don't have my girl to talk to. She seems to pay more attention to her work than me. I have told her this before, and she says that she would call me back more often, but she hasn't. What should I do?

Maybe shes really busy and got alot on her mind with school and all. Some people do want to get their education and be set when getting out of college. Sounds like shes just trying to concentrate on her studies. Why don't you not call her, email her etc for awhile and see how long it takes her to get in touch with you.

Jade

alphamale

put 90% of importance on her actions and 10% on her words.

Personally, I'd assume the worst and not expect any calls. I'm not a pessimist, just looking at this situation realistically.

Originally posted by alphamale

put 90% of importance on her actions and 10% on her words.

I agree. Everyone has been busy at some point in their life--if they really want to stay in touch with someone, they make the extra effort.

• Author
fireace_00

[color=green]"I agree. Everyone has been busy at some point in their life--if they really want to stay in touch with someone, they make the extra effort."[/color]

You're right, but I don't just want to leave her. I love her too much at this point, and I believe she feels the same way. I don't know, I think she is trying hard to make an effort, but sometimes she forgets cause of all the work. Should I just have some patienece?

If you're her b/f and she "forgets" alot to call you etc, then you're not on the top of her priority list I'm afraid to say. Like I said earlier, don't call her, email etc, let it be and see if or when she gets in touch with you.

Jade

The unemployment rate is 5%, the divorce rate is 50%.

Guess what? People like staying busy and don't prioritize who they're with, generally, and your being patient with her is rewarding her bad behaviour.

It's going to be hard, but tell her she's got to at least TRY to play the part in order to be your girlfriend. Give her one shot, and if she fails to prioritize you, tell her why she doesn't need to call you ever again.