Does this really mean hes sorry

"have not been a good guy"

"I'm sorry please forgive me "

" said I'm sorry I'm admitting its my fault"

"its my fault i did not treat you properly "

I dont want to lose you i value you too much in my life

Give me a second chance i want a fresh start

Never wanted to hurt you."

How can you tell any of this is sincere???

Edited by Purplemug
Simple Logic

Ever hear the old saying "actions speak louder than words"?

• Like 1

What is he apologizing for? If it's for being late, forgetting your birthday / anniversary or just being out of sorts with you, maybe. It sounds more like garbage abusers say to their victims. If he is saying any of this stuff after having physically hit you, no he's not sincere.

. It sounds more like garbage abusers say to their victims.

^^^ This.

People who are sorry, they show through their actions. You can feel it and see it by their effort. Words are easy to throw. Even then, in the past , there has to be at least something good that can make you give another chance. Not everyone deserves a second chance.

Abusers are great with words.

To answer your question , no , it doesn't mean that he is sorry. Not. At. All.

Actions are what counts. Trust me, nearly every abusive or neglectful guy out there will apologize his hair off to continue getting whatever it is he wants out of the relationship (usually sex or housekeeping). Once someone is bad to you, stop rewarding their bad behavior and being nice to them or sexy with them and don't believe a word that comes out of their mouth, but watch for sustained, meaning months-long, change in their behavior, not that they do right one time or bring you flowers or take the trash out. If they are sincere, they will have to prove it over time because obviously they didn't care enough to just treat you right the first time, so it's not their nature -- and it probably will get worse and not ever get better for more than a day when they want sex.

Flowerchildfala

It sounds like a blanket statement as it also should follow by how this person has changed and what they have done to be a better person. But I am not in your exes shoes and you know him better then we do. My Exe did this same thing but it was years later and I didn't feel it was sincere. After our break up he never chased after me, only after he found out I was taken. If he wants you back he will also do everything he can to get you back. If he only says things but his actions don't back it up then he isn't serious and only in the regret stage.

I guess you could give it a 2nd chance but just be on your guard as he may prove that he is sincere. If you do go back to him I would put some rules down first that the resons you guys broke up and the issues you had need to be sorted out first before you give him a 2nd chance, that way you have a better chance of the relationship working out the 2nd time round.