Is she scared of losing me?

My girlfriend and I are 5 months together. In a few months, we will be studying in Manila in the same school, however under different classes. And of course, we will be living separately. We both live in the province btw, so the whole thing will be a shock for us since we will be making new friends with total strangers and we will be leaving all our present ones.

Recently, she offered that she wanted to lose her virginity to me (we are both virgins btw). I asked her why since she usually isn't the sexual one between us. She said that she wants to be sure that I won't find someone else in Manila and that I won't let her go if I lose my virginity to her. I told her that it won't happen since I love her too much (I really do) but she said that she wants to be sure. What does this mean? Does this mean that she doesn't trust me? Or is she too scared to lose me?

I don't know what it means and I think you would need to ask her to clarify. One thing it does mean though is that she does not understand that giving her viriginity does not guarantee a guy would be faithful. If you meet someone nearer to you and fall in love with her, you might be anguished about dumping your current girlfriend but it is always possible. Maybe she thinks you will feel too guilty to date anyone else. That is something you need to bear in mind if you do decide to make love with her.

My girlfriend and I are 5 months together. In a few months, we will be studying in Manila in the same school, however under different classes. And of course, we will be living separately. We both live in the province btw, so the whole thing will be a shock for us since we will be making new friends with total strangers and we will be leaving all our present ones.

Recently, she offered that she wanted to lose her virginity to me (we are both virgins btw). I asked her why since she usually isn't the sexual one between us. She said that she wants to be sure that I won't find someone else in Manila and that I won't let her go if I lose my virginity to her. I told her that it won't happen since I love her too much (I really do) but she said that she wants to be sure. What does this mean? Does this mean that she doesn't trust me? Or is she too scared to lose me?

At your age, it could mean that she doesn't trust you, but depending on your ages, it could mean that she recognizes that you and she are developing so fast that your tastes in who you want to be with could change pretty rapidly, as you meet more people and discover more of what you want in a partner, but that goes for her as well.

Normally, I try not to be too directive, but I think this might be a good time to be so. I think a very good question to ask yourself (to which you've already said the answer)...

Is your girlfriend actually wanting to have sex with you because she is truly ready to have sex with you and lose her virginity and share that intimacy with you or is she doing it for a reason other than that?

Because I think you know that she is not asking to have sex with you because she is truly ready, but rather because she wants to prevent what she cannot and what you cannot. If you are meant to be together, you will be and you will find a way. But it is also likely and possible, that further development and more opportunities for growth could end in a separation between you. That is not healthy for you or her, though an understandable thing on her part, particularly if she is younger and scared at the thought of what the future will bring.

The short of it, I think you and she should sit down together and agree that you will not have sex until she is really ready because she wants to share that intimacy with you and she is ready to, and that what might happen later between you should not enter into it, and that doing so for the reasons she wants to would not be healthy or right for either of you.

What do you think?

• Author
Maybe she thinks you will feel too guilty to date anyone else

She said that. She hopes that if I lose my virginity to her, I would be obligated to be with her. She thinks of me losing my virginity to her and vice-versa as a lifetime bond that we will forever share. I asked her if she's sure of her decision and she said that she has thought of it for a long time and has decided. However, she only wants me to go in only once, for the sake of losing her virginity.

Edited by louve825