Am I overthinking?

reallyconfused2

I am a 25 year old male. I have been friends for nearly a year with a married woman that is 15 years older than me. We are very close, talk daily, and are supportive of each other during difficult times. We have a very affectionate friendship. She tells me she loves me, and adores me. She touches me on my arm, chest, shoulder, brushes my hair out of my face. Once she placed her hand on my cheek and stared into my eyes for a long time. She has never made any overt advances toward me, but I am starting to get the impression that she may see me in a more than platonic light.

Am I over analyzing the situation? Are her actions merely platonic? Should I end the friendship if I am not overthinking?

Sounds to me like she's into you. I can't tell you what to do but I would move on if I were you. She's married. You shouldn't want to mess with that. Who knows what the husband is capable of honestly...

• Like 3
strawberryshortstack

In some states, if you get involved with a married person, and they divorce, the deserted spouse can sue YOU for alienation of affection. Tread carefully.

• Like 1
I am a 25 year old male. I have been friends for nearly a year with a married woman that is 15 years older than me. We are very close, talk daily, and are supportive of each other during difficult times. We have a very affectionate friendship. She tells me she loves me, and adores me. She touches me on my arm, chest, shoulder, brushes my hair out of my face. Once she placed her hand on my cheek and stared into my eyes for a long time. She has never made any overt advances toward me, but I am starting to get the impression that she may see me in a more than platonic light.

Am I over analyzing the situation? Are her actions merely platonic? Should I end the friendship if I am not overthinking?

Hmmm.

Do you feel comfort in taking part in the destruction of a family?:confused:

So, you are in an emotional affair with an older married woman.

Friends don't caress each other's faces, stare deep into their eyes and profess love.

But lovers do. Sure, she might take this affair to the next level and attempt to have sex with you.

Read a little on the infidelity and other woman / other man forum. Very very few happy endings, and many life altering disasters.

You aren't over thinking - you are under thinking. This isn't a platonic friendship, this is a relationship with a married woman that has totally crossed the line.

• Like 1

If you are still reading , even if this woman was not married , this is not how friends behave. She is being manipulative and trying to use you for her agendas. You probably are inexperienced guy and she is taking advantage of it. It will cause issues in your personal love life.

Just like women need to be careful of creepy guys , men also need to be careful of creepy women.

If you are still reading , even if this woman was not married , this is not how friends behave. She is being manipulative and trying to use you for her agendas. You probably are inexperienced guy and she is taking advantage of it. It will cause issues in your personal love life.

Just like women need to be careful of creepy guys , men also need to be careful of creepy women.

I fail to see how this woman is manipulating the OP. If he is uncomfortable with her touching him, then he can let her know and end their "friendship".

Ever consider that she simply is attracted to the OP and is hinting on wanting more than a friendship? And, what do people do when they want more than a "friendship"? They flat-out say it or their actions demonstrate it.

Also, ever consider that she wants more, but cuz she's married and/or he's just her friend she satisfies her desire (w/o messing up her marriage and frienship with OP) by touching him and being flirty? Me and dude? It was hard not to wanna touch him cuz I wanted more and he wasn't there (yet?) and, he's just so handsome and sweet...hard to not want to touch him. I was not trying to manipulate or nothing. Gosh, and it embarrassed me that I wanted him so bad. One touch and I literally would get flushed and "wet" - like instant river running down "there" and no man has yet to make me feel that so instantly ..:o I mean from day one, I saw him and was like "I gotta find a way to speak to him" and when I finally broke the ice I just liked him a bit more every day. I do miss chatting with him too - he seems to be like me in some ways...so, I valued the friendship and his sex appeal was the 'icing' on the cake. Yesterday I was thinking how I'm so upset that they are barring me from my only "friend" in that building...but then, he could be like the OP and not desiring more than a friendship and no longer wants contact with me :(

So, to the OP, please discuss this with her - regardless of what you decide to do. My recent experience makes me wish dude did - instead of him feeling imposed upon and uncomfortable with what I did, and feeling that he couldn't speak with me about it. :(

Have some bloody courtesy. 'She's married' should be the only thing embedded in your mind at this point in time.