LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

ex didn't respond to my email

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Old 18th April 2005, 10:19 AM   #1
Ashley1983

Unhappy ex didn't respond to my email

I was in a tumultuous relationship off and on for 3 and a half years. We ended things for good about three months ago. I told him I would contact him 2 weeks later, to try and be friends. I waited for 3 months, but to be honest I don't know if he even wanted to be friends, I think he might have been exhasuted with the rollercoaster we had been on. I am in a place now where I am ready to be his friend, honestly just be his friend. Therefore, I e-mailed him about a week ago requesting his friendship, but he has not responded. I have a feeling he will not respond, but I am unsure what to do. Should I leave it alone? Should I try one more e-mail, should I try a phone call? We had a tumultuous relationship, but also were with eachother through some very very difficult life changing events. I don't want to lose him as part of my life, his friendship would mean a lot to me because we can obviously never be more than friends again. What should I do?
Old 18th April 2005, 2:44 PM   #2
Established Member

Let it go. Maybe he's not ready to be your friend, yet.
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 2:45 PM   #3
Established Member

Don't call him or write him I know that's easier said than done but don't look desperate
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 2:48 PM   #4
Unconfirmed Account

don't contact him. He doesn't want to be your friend, sorry.

Why do you want to be his friend. You've lived for 3 months without him, I think you can continue to do so.
HoldOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 3:07 PM   #5
Established Member

What is the point of the friendship? Seriously? It will only complicate things. Further down the road when you both meet somebody new...Hanging on to past loves, especially ones like yours seemed to be, just isn't a good idea.

Don't email him again. The closure has happened and it's time to put the past in the past. Look back and remember with a smile, but do not hang on to him. Lost loves are lost for a reason.

He may not want to be your friend. Doesn't mean that he doesn't care, but what is the reality of it all??? Ya know what I'm saying?

Anyway, try to put him out of your head and find someone new.

Good luck!
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote