Am I being a bad boyfriend?

I have a wonderful relationship with my girlfriend and we are very compatible in many ways. I adore her. She is very beautiful, out of my league somewhat. We occasionally argue. When we first started dating, I stupidly would make comments about other girls appearance that would make her feel not wanted. It may just be a passing comment such as "I think that girl is pretty" which she told me to stop doing. I told her that I would and promised to improve. A few months went by and I believe I stopped doing so, until the other night on NYE we were both out for dinner and I was telling her a story about a concert my friends and I were at and that we got held up by the toilet before it started, met some attractive Norwegian girls (which I did say) and we had to chose whether we would entertain them or watch the show. She didn't say anything that night till last night she brought it up when she mentioned that she feels disrespected by me. She told me it is not necessary and that she is out for dinner with me that I shouldn't feel the need to comment about other females appearances, whether they are attractive or not. Lately I lied to her about something relatively small and that night she was quite annoyed with me. A week ago we were having sex and I admit that I often don't give her oral a lot but she always gives me oral. She told me to give her oral, I stupidly made a bad remark and said "it's really salty" and got up. I once asked her what I taste like and then she asked what she tastes like and I said she tasted salty. She got quite angry and I guess that added to her anger from the other night, turned over and started to cry. I was meant to go out for dinner, I cancelled that and just stayed with her for a while. I felt/feel incredibly bad. She told me that now she would feel very insecure. We just spoke and spoke and I tried to reassure her, apologised. I promised her that I would improve my stupid ways, my flaws etcetera. I felt very bad. The next day was quite intense as we spoke a lot about it and of course she was not particularly happy with me. I wanted to take her out but the whole ride in the car was silent and she ended up saying to turn back to go home as she was not in the mood. I told her that I would not make such dumb comments.

Yesterday I went down on her for a bit and I accidentally got a hair in my mouth, although she hadn't shaved for a day or so, I believe it was my own hair as it was black (she's blonde) and I said "it's too hairy" which she obviously confused with that she is too hairy. She did not say anything till that night when we were speaking about our relationship and she made a somewhat cheeky comment about it. There was quite clearly a miscommunication. I realise she would be sensitive when we just had the issue a few days ago. I called her and she told me that I have been disrespectful to her, that I tell her I will change/improve and that I don't. That even if I were saying she is too hairy, that it's wrong for me to expect her to be shaved everyday and that she is not even that hairy being blonde.

I am not trying to hurt her but she almost implied that is what I am trying to do.

I realise I may be doing the wrong thing but it feels like my girlfriend gets offended by everything or am I simply just being insensitive AND disrespectful?

It also somehow comes across to me as that I am the worst boyfriend.

Yes, you are.

Why on earth would you consider entertaining attractive Norwegian girls while you're in a relationship?? Who says such a thing?

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes, you are.

Why on earth would you consider entertaining attractive Norwegian girls while you're in a relationship?? Who says such a thing?

Note that this happened a long time ago when I wasn't in a relationship with this girl.

My vote is for insensitive and disrespectful.

I suspect that attractive Norwegian girls are able to entertain themselves. You could probably be a bit more giving in bed and start thinking before you speak.

• Like 1
Note that this happened a long time ago when I wasn't in a relationship with this girl.

Sorry. We cross posted.

Why did you feel the need to tell her this story when you know she's already insecure?

• Author
Sorry. We cross posted.

Why did you feel the need to tell her this story when you know she's already insecure?

I was simply just trying to voice the difference between choosing to speak to these girls or go watch the concert. I wasn't trying to offend her or make her feel anymore insecure.

I was simply just trying to voice the difference between choosing to speak to these girls or go watch the concert.

To what end??? What point could you possibly make about any of this that is relevant to your girlfriend's life?

You sound very young and thoughtless. But then again she sounds very young too since she's still dating you. Someone with a little more experience would have dumped you for being so hurtful. How old are you?

• Author
To what end??? What point could you possibly make about any of this that is relevant to your girlfriend's life?

You sound very young and thoughtless. But then again she sounds very young too since she's still dating you. Someone with a little more experience would have dumped you for being so hurtful. How old are you?

I am 23 this year and my girlfriend is 21 in a few months.